Final Fantasy VII: Remake

IshmaelIsBack

1 hour ago, b!T said:

ah f**k. I got the PS5 recently. Will the saves transfer easily? I am in chapter 8 or something but don't want to go back PS4 version if PS5 upgrade is free.

https://www.ign.com/wikis/final-fantasy-7-remake/How_to_Transfer_PS4_Save_Data_to_the_PS5_Version

Looks easy enough 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Finished the campaign last night and I'm really impressed. This game was absolutely amazing. My very first Final Fantasy title and I loved it. Everything from the combat, the cast of characters and the visuals were brilliant. There were so many moments & sequences that turned out to be memorable. 

I'm a bit lost on the story side which happens post Shinra, but I'm guessing that could be revealed in the latter game that are yet to arrive. So for those who have played the original game, is this a direct 1:1 remake of that game story wise or is it different? How many more game(s) are expected to be connected to this title?

Anyway, it's been a while since I played a linear SP campaign this exciting. The combat system is something which I found really intriguing. It took me a while to understand this fusion of hack-n-slash + strategic elements but once it clicked, all I wanted to do was get into battles. Speaking of battles, the boss battles in this game were truly a highlight and the final boss actually felt like a final boss. I played on normal and the game still delivered a good challenge. Now, in post game, I have leveled up everyone to 50 and maxing out all my materias. I was planning to dip my toes into hard mode, but the no items usage and no MP refresh at rest benches is insane. Not sure if it would be worth it.

My only 2 complaints for this game would be it's uber-bland side quests (f*ck you Squats and darts) and level design. Apart from that it was all good. The boot times were lightning fast & visuals quality and performance was just *chef's kiss*. 

Can Yuffie's DLC be played directly from the main menu? I was playing the PSN+ version which doesn't have the Intermission DLC. Since this game will be on PS+ Extra in a few days, I was hoping to download that version. I'm not sure if my existing US save will work with the Indian version, but since I only wanted to play the DLC, hope there is nothing tied to the main game for it to be playable. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Finished the campaign last night and I'm really impressed. This game was absolutely amazing. My very first Final Fantasy title and I loved it. Everything from the combat, the cast of characters and the visuals were brilliant. There were so many moments & sequences that turned out to be memorable. 

I'm a bit lost on the story side which happens post Shinra, but I'm guessing that could be revealed in the latter game that are yet to arrive. So for those who have played the original game, is this a direct 1:1 remake of that game story wise or is it different? How many more game(s) are expected to be connected to this title?

Anyway, it's been a while since I played a linear SP campaign this exciting. The combat system is something which I found really intriguing. It took me a while to understand this fusion of hack-n-slash + strategic elements but once it clicked, all I wanted to do was get into battles. Speaking of battles, the boss battles in this game were truly a highlight and the final boss actually felt like a final boss. I played on normal and the game still delivered a good challenge. Now, in post game, I have leveled up everyone to 50 and maxing out all my materias. I was planning to dip my toes into hard mode, but the no items usage and no MP refresh at rest benches is insane. Not sure if it would be worth it.

My only 2 complaints for this game would be it's uber-bland side quests (f*ck you Squats and darts) and level design. Apart from that it was all good. The boot times were lightning fast & visuals quality and performance was just *chef's kiss*. 

Can Yuffie's DLC be played directly from the main menu? I was playing the PSN+ version which doesn't have the Intermission DLC. Since this game will be on PS+ Extra in a few days, I was hoping to download that version. I'm not sure if my existing US save will work with the Indian version, but since I only wanted to play the DLC, hope there is nothing tied to the main game for it to be playable. 

Intermission (yuffie dlc) can be started separately from the main menu

There are some changes in the story, abd apparently its not supposed to be a 1:1 remake. Also it will have 2 more games to complete the story.

You should also pick the crisis core remake/remaster that is getting released this year, as it ties in directly to FF7 remake part 1.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I was planning to dip my toes into hard mode, but the no items usage and no MP refresh at rest benches is insane. Not sure if it would be worth it.

It's really not that difficult with the right materia setup. Also, the training mode boss fights are very good, the higher star ones.

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

It's really not that difficult with the right materia setup. Also, the training mode boss fights are very good, the higher star ones.

Yep, I'm checking for optimum build set-ups post leveling and then probably try out a one chapter for test run to see how it goes. I'm not fond of playing on higher difficulties at all, so if it's too tedious, I'll probably not go for it. The combat is too good to pass up on, but the handicaps in hard mode are just too rigid. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Completed the game.
iam so lost on ending can someone explain without spoiling future games 

no one knows. the ending is completely changed in this game like its a multiverse or 2 timelines. 

the second cloud and the other character who looks similar to him is called zack and he had a very very small but extremely important role in the original ff7. later he got his own spin-off game (crisis core psp. also getting a remake for ps4/5). anything more and it'll be a minor spoiler for ff7 but major one for crisis core.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, KnackChap said:

no one knows. the ending is completely changed in this game like its a multiverse or 2 timelines. 

the second cloud and the other character who looks similar to him is called zack and he had a very very small but extremely important role in the original ff7. later he got his own spin-off game (crisis core psp. also getting a remake for ps4/5). anything more and it'll be a minor spoiler for ff7 but major one for crisis core.

Thanks
saw about zack character but didn't want to read further in Wikipedia so it doesn't spoil  future crisis core remaster/remake for me.
Now i have thirst for this game don't know if i should play original ff7 game or wait for rebirth.

51 minutes ago, ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ said:

Thanks
saw about zack character but didn't want to read further in Wikipedia so it doesn't spoil  future crisis core remaster/remake for me.
Now i have thirst for this game don't know if i should play original ff7 game or wait for rebirth.

play it as the story in the remake is slightly altered and expanded.  i think you can activate 1 hit kills in the original game so you can complete the story fairly quickly. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to Platinum the game and had it released for the current year, it would have been an easy GOTY for me. Combine that with the excellent DLC, it solidified my opinion of what is perhaps one of the most fun I had with a single player campaign in a very long time. I was just one trophy away from completing Yuffie's DLC, but it seems there is one trophy from the DLC that is tied into the main game and unfortunately, since I completed the US version of the base game, my saves didn't carry over to my Indian one (F*ck you Sony!). Anyway, it's also been a while since I raised the difficulty in any game and this is one of the game that really made the hard mode journey truly worthwhile. Hard mode is where the combat techniques truly shine. 

For the people who have completed all the Shinra Combat simulator trainings, you'll know that 'Three-Person Team vs. Top Secrets' which was truly the most difficult fight in the entire game. I literally died so many times and tried so many offensive strategies to no avail, finally went full defensive, finished it at around 2:00AM-ish and as soon as the rewards screen hit, I kid you not, I broke out some B-boy dance moves. Honestly felt like a major accomplishment. 

The 2 most annoying things during my replay were the all bridal dresses collection and Tifa's pull-up mini-game. The latter pissed me off beyond reason and the former was just annoying in terms of it's structure. Good thing we didn't have any such mini-game for Aerith or Barret. :P 

Glad I replayed the game and can't wait for the next titles in the series. :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I managed to Platinum the game and had it released for the current year, it would have been an easy GOTY for me. Combine that with the excellent DLC, it solidified my opinion of what is perhaps one of the most fun I had with a single player campaign in a very long time. I was just one trophy away from completing Yuffie's DLC, but it seems there is one trophy from the DLC that is tied into the main game and unfortunately, since I completed the US version of the base game, my saves didn't carry over to my Indian one (F*ck you Sony!). Anyway, it's also been a while since I raised the difficulty in any game and this is one of the game that really made the hard mode journey truly worthwhile. Hard mode is where the combat techniques truly shine. 

For the people who have completed all the Shinra Combat simulator trainings, you'll know that 'Three-Person Team vs. Top Secrets' which was truly the most difficult fight in the entire game. I literally died so many times and tried so many offensive strategies to no avail, finally went full defensive, finished it at around 2:00AM-ish and as soon as the rewards screen hit, I kid you not, I broke out some B-boy dance moves. Honestly felt like a major accomplishment. 

The 2 most annoying things during my replay were the all bridal dresses collection and Tifa's pull-up mini-game. The latter pissed me off beyond reason and the former was just annoying in terms of it's structure. Good thing we didn't have any such mini-game for Aerith or Barret. :P 

Glad I replayed the game and can't wait for the next titles in the series. :) 

I know exactly what you mean :D

On 1/16/2022 at 3:59 PM, gecko89 said:

Replaying this game again in Hard Mode for the plat, and the combat is even better than what I thought it was. After getting my a*s whooped by the chapter 1 boss, had to go back and learn all abilities and reset materia for all party members, the combat is truly incredible, and the particle effects make every fight look like some anime battle.

Reveal hidden contents

Also, when you guys mentioned Zack was alive, thought you meant that was a possibility in Part 2. Just watched Yuffie DLC on YT and holy mother of gods Zack is freaking alive. Mind is racing with all the possibilities . . he's probably the only one left who knows the human side of Sephiroth. Once the party meets Vincent in Part 2 or 3, Zack could make Sephiroth understand Jenova isn't his mother, and Lucretia (who was still alive in original timeline) and Hojo (maybe Hojo isn't the dad and Vincent is) are his parents, and he's mostly same as Zack/Cloud/Angeal, a human who was experimented with by Shinra. Perhaps Jenova comes alive and is the next big boss?! Honestly, this could go anywhere.

Always Sunny Fx GIF

On 1/18/2022 at 2:06 PM, gecko89 said:

Defeated the last combat scenario.. 3 man team vs 'Top Secrets', edge of the seat at the end. 

Reveal hidden contents

Shiva-Fat Chocobo-Leviathan-Bahamut-Pride and Joy, in one go, hard mode only. 

Bahamut apparently the most difficult boss in the game, bitch has the audacity to summon another summon, Ifrit while he himself is a summon, and an ult move Megaflare that does 9999 damage to all party, when max HP is 9999. Managed to finished all 5 (6 including Ifrit) after half a dozen attempts, so satisfying, slept like a baby last night :D

• Like 1