Final Fantasy VII: Remake

IshmaelIsBack

6 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Been playing this on pc. Really enjoying it.

This is my first ff game. Technically i think my first jrpg lol. 

I think it's so funny how horny all the girls are for cloud. Jessie was not afraid to come on really strong lmao 

Welcome to the world of JRPGs. :tongue:

If you are okay with turn based combat please try Persona 5 Royal probably the best JRPG.

• Like 3

Wow i'm REALLY enjoying this game. Just finished the "entertainment district section" and it was one of the most fun sections of the game. The part before this, Sector  5 Slums was also pretty nice.  

The story and characters are especially what I'm enjoying. The combat is fun too. 

Tifa :wub:

12 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Wow i'm REALLY enjoying this game. Just finished the "entertainment district section" and it was one of the most fun sections of the game. The part before this, Sector  5 Slums was also pretty nice.  

The story and characters are especially what I'm enjoying. The combat is fun too. 

Tifa :wub:

Yep, chapter 9 (both aerith and clouds shenanigans) , that alone was worth the price for me, was laughing my a*s off so loud :D

On 12/30/2022 at 11:49 AM, SuperT said:

If you are okay with turn based combat please try Persona 5 Royal probably the best JRPG.

Great recommendation. I would recommend to try persona 5 even if someone doesn't like turn based combat same for south park stick of truth.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Yep, chapter 9 (both aerith and clouds shenanigans) , that alone was worth the price for me, was laughing my a*s off so loud :D

I've replayed Chapter 9 so many times, I lost count of it. Probably one of the best chapters in recent gaming memory. 

On 1/1/2023 at 1:15 PM, joken732a said:

Great recommendation. I would recommend to try persona 5 even if someone doesn't like turn based combat same for south park stick of truth.

Persona 5 combat isn't the cancerous turn-based combat you would find in XCOM or Total War type games, it's fun, totally recommended, the turn based here is like Pokemon, very enjoyable

On 12/30/2022 at 11:49 AM, SuperT said:

So damn true. I don't play RPGs but i loved ff7 and persona 5.

9 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Persona 5 combat isn't the cancerous turn-based combat you would find in XCOM or Total War type games, it's fun, totally recommended, the turn based here is like Pokemon, very enjoyable

That and there are so many waifu options :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Thats a movie. It almost killed Square Enix, it bombed so hard.

Just pretend it doesn't exist. 

Don't listen to this dude. FF Spirits Within almost bankrupt Square, which has nothing to do with FF7 or Advent Children.

Advent children was decently received, was not a flop and sold almost 5Mil BluRay copies. The animation might feel a little outdated but the action choreography holds up pretty well, especially the Complete Edition.

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

What’s FF7 “Advent Children”?

Chronologically, 'Before Crisis' comes first, its a mobile game released long back, you can read the summary online or ignore.

Crisis Core comes next, followed by FF7 Original, then Advent Children Film, then Dirge of Cereberus, then there's nothing, SE just abandoned the storyline despite DoC ending teasing future plot.

If you're gonna play FF7R, Crisis Core can be played before as its the prequel but even after is fine since the prequel was released after, even in the case of original FF7 and Crisis Core.

And because FF7R changes things (won't spoil anything), you can ignore everything except Crisis Core.

But its nice to know what the original storyline is if you're interested. In order its, Before Crisis > Crisis Core > FF7 Original > Advent Children > Dirge of Cereberus.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, gecko89 said:

Don't listen to this dude. FF Spirits Within almost bankrupt Square, which has nothing to do with FF7 or Advent Children.

Advent children was decently received, was not a flop and sold almost 5Mil BluRay copies. The animation might feel a little outdated but the action choreography holds up pretty well, especially the Complete Edition.

Chronologically, 'Before Crisis' comes first, its a mobile game released long back, you can read the summary online or ignore.

Crisis Core comes next, followed by FF7 Original, then Advent Children Film, then Dirge of Cereberus, then there's nothing, SE just abandoned the storyline despite DoC ending teasing future plot.

If you're gonna play FF7R, Crisis Core can be played before as its the prequel but even after is fine since the prequel was released after, even in the case of original FF7 and Crisis Core.

And because FF7R changes things (won't spoil anything), you can ignore everything except Crisis Core.

But its nice to know what the original storyline is if you're interested. In order its, Before Crisis > Crisis Core > FF7 Original > Advent Children > Dirge of Cereberus.

thanks a lot for the details!

• Like 1