Final Fantasy VII: Remake

IshmaelIsBack

FF 7 remake fan reaction in japan

oh man... this is gold. even the GT videos cant touch it. :rofl: :rofl:

He does the squats....... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Tetsuya Nomura didn't realise he was directing Final Fantasy 7 remake

Tetsuya Nomura apparently didn't realise he was directing the remake of Final Fantasy 7 until he saw his name appear in the credits.

That's what he said in an interview with Japanese publication Famitsu, translated and relayed by Kotaku.

"As preproduction went along and I offered my opinions on what I thought should be done, [Yoshinori] Kitase [director of the original FF7] would asked me how the individual elements should be adjusted in fine detail," Nomura said. "It was very perplexing.

"Then one day, as I was checking the internal company presentation video, it said 'Director Tetsuya Nomura' at the end.

"So I called up Mr. Kitase and said, 'It says that I'm the director for some reason.' To which he replied, 'Of course it does.'"

It turns out that both men had thought the other was going to direct it. What a laugh!

These days Nomura is well aware - and well into - his directorial role. Apparently he even tried to get the ball rolling on a remake "quite a while ago", but to no avail.

Tetsuya Nomura is also directing release date-less Disney-JRPG action game Kingdom Hearts 3, so he has a lot on his plate. He was also once directing Final Fantasy 15 - a game that grew out of his Final Fantasy Versus 13 project years before. Bit confusing. But he moved out of that role when Square Enix reshuffled the company in 2014.

The remake of Final Fantasy 7 was one of the major announcements at E3, and is coming first to PlayStation 4 - which suggest other platforms will get a look-in too. There's no date and there are no details beyond the teaser CGI trailer. Apparently the FF7 remake has been in developmet for a little while, but it could still be a long way off.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-26-tetsuya-nomura-didnt-realise-he-was-directing-final-fantasy-7-remake

• 2 weeks later...

Final Fantasy VII Remake Is Timed Exclusive For PS4, Also Heading To Xbox One, Says EB Games – Report

ffvii-remake-xboxone.png

https://ebgames.com.au/xbox-one-210047-Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake-placeholder-pricing-Xbox-One

http://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-timed-exclusive-ps4-also-coming-xbox-one-say

When did they announce for both consoles?

PS4 first directly means its coming to other platforms.

Yes, that means it would come to other platforms. But still, they haven't directly announced it for xbox one. That is what i am saying.

Edited by sach4life

• 4 months later...

Final Fantasy 7 remake is episodic

Square Enix's upcoming Final Fantasy 7 Remake will not release in one piece. Instead, it will be episodic.

A stunning new trailer debuting the title's first gameplay was revealed on stage at the PlayStation Experience keynote on Saturday.

However, word of the game's new episodic release was not shared at the event. A follow-up press release from Square Enix revealed the news:

"Final Fantasy 7 Remake will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience," the publisher stated.

Square Enix expanded on the decision to make the game episodic in an interview with Dengeki Online. translated by Gematsu. In it, the publisher said it needed to make the game episodic to avoid anything being cut, and to allow the company time to create entirely new sections.

"The idea that a remake of Final Fantasy 7 would not fit into a single release was there from the very beginning," producer Yoshinori Kitase said. "We still can't share more information about its multiple parts, but please look forward to future announcements."

"If we dedicated our time to a single release, parts of it would become summarised," director Tetsuya Nomura added. "We'd have to cut some parts, and additional parts would come in few, so rather than remake the game as a full volume, we decided to do multiple parts."

"As you can see in the trailer, we showed Sector 1 and Sector 8," Kitase concluded, "but in those areas alone, I think you can see a lot of density. When you're remaking the entirety of the original version in that quality, it's not possible to fit it all in one release."

Source:Eurogamer

The episodic nature doesnt really bother me that much as it lets them start releasing the game much earlier than expected and the story (which is a big part of this game) is already known.

It sorta kills the fun for me. Id rather finish a story from start to finish in one go. But still its better to release in parts than to nerf up the remake

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...