Shenmue III

IshmaelIsBack

21 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

How big is the open world ? This gives me the yakuza vibe, but i hated how small the area to roam was in yakuza, can i roam all the countryside and beautiful landscape ?

Its not going to be huge and with similar or even smaller areas than yakuza but a lot more interactive. There are going to be 3 main areas in the game with each of them having their own set of characters. The cast of characters is what differentiates shenmue from other games, the game are not filled with bunch of characters whom you won't even recognise on second glance. Almost all of them are handcrafted and have their own unique characteristics and work cycle. 

Its not going to be huge and with similar or even smaller areas than yakuza but a lot more interactive. There are going to be 3 main areas in the game with each of them having their own set of characters. The cast of characters is what differentiates shenmue from other games, the game are not filled with bunch of characters whom you won't even recognise on second glance. Almost all of them are handcrafted and have their own unique characteristics and work cycle. 
I played yakuza 1 but felt like it's too small, to which yakuza will shenmue 3 compare to in terms of the size of the world?

I like the other things you mentioned like character detailing but there is the limitation of spending and That is why a big open world matters along with good gameplay.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Honestly then this is not for you. All 3 areas are going to be similar to kamurocho from all yakuza games. No sidequests and as for the gameplay it's going to be an adventure game with some combat and qte thrown around. Combat won't be as frequent as yakuza with random street thugs chasing you every 2 mins. 

• Like 1

Honestly then this is not for you. All 3 areas are going to be similar to kamurocho from all yakuza games. No sidequests and as for the gameplay it's going to be an adventure game with some combat and qte thrown around. Combat won't be as frequent as yakuza with random street thugs chasing you every 2 mins. 
Thanks on the detailed info there are many open world games I've yet to play.

Encountering a thug every 2 mins was the worst part of yakuza. I'm glad it's not here, i'll get this game during a sale.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Shenmue 1 and 2 collection is on psn for only 899 for ps plus members. Good idea to get in the groove before Shenmue 3 releases.

The collection is also available on Xbox Game Pass (both console and PC).

13 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Launch trailer

Less than a week to go for this. cant wait to see my name in the end credits. ?

Make sure to see my name in the guestbook of Chobu-inn :fear1:

I err... din know what to write so I just wrote some super generic sh*t like "yay shenmue 3 is finally happening"  or something lol.

Sorry to break your immersion :P

Edited by Shadoken

On 11/14/2019 at 1:36 PM, Shadoken said:

Make sure to see my name in the guestbook of Chobu-inn :fear1:

I err... din know what to write so I just wrote some super generic sh*t like "yay shenmue 3 is finally happening"  or something lol.

Sorry to break your immersion :P

Lol. How much did you contribute?

OMG its finally fking here. Holy sh*t , its still quite unbelievable. 

Edit: Just finished the first day  , omg this is classic fkin Shenmue. The NPCs , the story progression the only weird part is the transition between cutscenes its super weird.

I love how theres little bits of story/lore hidden away in random places just like the old game. Like I just opened this random cabinet in my room and found a drawing that explained some sh*t about the mirror.

Also the graphics look pretty good , way better than what I expected. The animations could use some work though.

Edited by Shadoken

That IGN review reads like a 7 but then he gives it a 5.9...what?

My favorite line was "The combat would be enjoyable if the enemies didn't block all the time" , well gee idk maybe just stop attacking for a bit :rofl: 

Reviews seem mixed as expected. People can't play games without the AAA fluff these days.

IGN Japan - 9/10

DualShockers - 85

Gamesradar - 8/10

Eurogamer - Recommended

IGN Italy - 7/10

Destructoid - 7/10

USGamer - 5/10

IGN - 5.9/10

A lot of the reviews seem to be criticizing it because it doesn't live up to AAA standards. But everyone knew this was gonna be a KS title with 1/10th the budget of the original games. Seems like an unfair comparison.

Reviewers have no issues handing out 9s and 10s to JRPGs that literally still look like PS2 games and voice acting from the 2000s. But when it comes here all of a sudden its super important because the original games were technical marvels. like no sh*t it has bad english VA. AAA games probably spend more on VA alone than Shenmue 3's entire budget.

But still its good to see that the issues mostly come from a budget standpoint and not the core gameplay. All this could have easily been fixed if Fkin Sega just made it themselves using the Yakuza engine.

Edited by Shadoken

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

2 of the 3 “big” hype games are out and both are considered as underwhelming. No fanfare here either. 

Will Final Fantasy VII Remake break that curse? Will Expanded Midgar work gather accolades?

Idk why people keep thinking Shenmue was going to get massive critical acclaim given its budget. TLG and FF7R are actual AAA games. Even a game like Control has nearly 3 times the budget of Shenmue 3.

A lot of people are going to be put off by the weird unpolished Animations,VAs..etc. Most of the fans who backed the game  are super happy with it and thats the primary reason it exists anyway.