Shenmue III

IshmaelIsBack

No. The Last Guardian. All three games were announced in E3 2015. Remember that infamous Gametrailers reaction.

Yeah i remember, it was called the E3 of dreams, could be called E3 of over hype now.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

2 of the 3 “big” hype games are out and both are considered as underwhelming. No fanfare here either. 

Will Final Fantasy VII Remake break that curse? Will Expanded Midgar work gather accolades?

Doubt anyone would call them underwhelming. Last guardian and S3 might not have got the critical acclaim but both are great game's. Last guardian is plagued by technical issues and given that it even exists is a miracle. 

Shenmue 3 is exactly what fans wanted, no one could have imagined that they would get so close to recreating the shenmue experience from almost 2 decades ago, it almost feels like a hd remaster/remake than a current gen game (which is both good and bad). Its ambitions are only limited by its budget. 

FF7 is the only true AAA game with a big budget and will also get a big marketing push. They also had their own share of development trouble with dev switch and what not. Let's see how it goes. 

Also lets not forget that most people thought these game's (death stranding included) would never even release/get cancelled or release on ps5 while championing a scam called STAR CITIZEN. guess what happened to those jokers. 

3 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Wtf? You mean story is still not complete? That's ridiculous. I am staying away from this franchise.

This was known since the Kickstarter announcement. The director said they need atleast 5 game's to complete the story. The original story was 16 chapters long with multiple chapters in each game. S1 was chapter 1, S2 was chapter 3-7 and this is till chapter 10 i think. 

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

@Shadoken Any idea if we will ever see the completion of the Shenmue story in this lifetime? Wonder why they can't finish off the story if they are not even sure whether future games will come or not.

1 hour ago, Big Boss said:

Wtf? You mean story is still not complete? That's ridiculous. I am staying away from this franchise.

Unless somebody gave them GTA budget , it would literally be impossible for them to finish the entire story in III. For adding the number of cities required.

Shenmue I and II were just 25% of the story , especially since Shenmue 2 expanded on it like crazy. If he just compressed the story in 3 , all the build up they did in Shenmue 2 would be such a waste. I would rather have the franchise dead than that. Shenmue 3 gets it up to 40%. They would need to at least two more games to finish it. 

And yes if the game doesn't get funded , he will probably finish the story like a Visual novel like it was originally intended for Shenmue 3's 2m Kickstarter goal.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

This was known since the Kickstarter announcement. The director said they need atleast 5 game's to complete the story. The original story was 16 chapters long with multiple chapters in each game. S1 was chapter 1, S2 was chapter 3-7 and this is till chapter 10 i think. 

He actually already revised the story to 11 chapters from the original 16. 

Edited by Shadoken