Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

Mysteryman

Alpha

Lot of people are playing. They are constantly updating the game with fixes and content. It's not complete dead. They just announced year 2 content with free expansion which looks promising.

KAjvDEm.png

Yup, whole lot of people playing it still. :rofl: Siege is much higher than both these games.

Problem is that most people who made channels based on content for this game are going away, that means something is up,

Also, announcing 2nd year content for free is just a way for them to get people back and repopulate the servers, this is like EA trying to shore up numbers of TITANFALL and TITANFALL 2 after they crashed like an addict out of their fix.

* Quietly raises hand *

Gotta raise my hand as well

Rhetoric gents.

I obviously do not mean that the system is all gloom and doom but for the sales achieved there hardly is a player-base.

~

I posted PS4 sales of Ghost Recon link and iam talking about console version of Ghost Recon only. I never said anything about PC version of Ghost Recon Wildlands. It's best selling game on both consoles.

Topping chart in UK and even in Japan where console shooters are not popular. Beating Kingdom Hearts and Zelda in Japan.

Wildlands and Division are more console shooters in design than PC. Iam not surprised they are not popular on Steam. Lot of people on my friends list playing. For how long it will remain active I dont know. But right now it's doing fine on consoles.

Also check this

Top 10 UK Sales Chart: Horizon Zero Dawn And Zelda Drop As Ghost Recon: Wildlands Holds On To No.1

Ghost Recon: Wildlands has finished top of the UK physical sales chart for the second week running. Ubisoft's open-world game was the biggest UK launch of 2017 so far last week, and it has held on to the No.1 spot for the week ending March 18.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/top-10-uk-sales-chart-horizon-zero-dawn-and-zelda-/1100-6448827/

No.1 two weeks in a row lol

I posted PS4 sales of Ghost Recon link and iam talking about console version of Ghost Recon only. I never said anything about PC version of Ghost Recon Wildlands. It's best selling game on both consoles.

Topping chart in UK and even in Japan where console shooters are not popular. Beating Kingdom Hearts and Zelda in Japan.

Wildlands and Division are more console shooters in design than PC. Iam not surprised they are not popular on Steam. Lot of people on my friends list playing. For how long it will remain active I dont know. But right now it's doing fine on consoles.

Yeah! We will see what happens a year down the line to this game, looking at the Division in retrospect, I do not see a whole lot of activity on its thread apart from a couple PC players like Agent, Balls and Tyler these days. Wildlands is decently active on STEAM, getting ~25,000 concurrent players on the STEAM client but that itself is worse than Siege so yeah, its not promising.

Again, game is not dead but it is not going anywhere.

And on PC this thing has to duke it out against a ton of competition, stuff like ARK offers a whole lot more than what these titles do apart from just Co-Op and shooting stuff up.

I do not know why you have to white knight your choices so hard.

Yeah I dont see Ghost Recon Wildlands to remain much active on PC as competition is really tough on PC. But on consoles I think it will remain active as there aren't many tactical coop shooters on consoles.

Game is really lot of fun when you play it right with a proper team. Iam playing 2p coop and it's really lot of fun and a rewarding experience.

It's sad that there's no coop in MGSV :( Imagine MGSV gameplay in coop. :panic:

One thing I don't understand why this is so popular in Japan? How come it's outselling Zelda there? :O

Wildlands is a different kind of game compared to The Division. It's more of a single-player game with the option to play co-op whereas Division pretty much lives or dies based on the community support. It's very much an MMO-lite like Destiny. I don't think Ubi even intends Wildlands to have a long lifespan.

Yeah I dont see Ghost Recon Wildlands to remain much active on PC as competition is really tough on PC. But on consoles I think it will remain active as there aren't many tactical coop shooters on consoles.

Game is really lot of fun when you play it right with a proper team. Iam playing 2p coop and it's really lot of fun and a rewarding experience.

It's sad that there's no coop in MGSV :( Imagine MGSV gameplay in coop. :panic:

One thing I don't understand why this is so popular in Japan? How come it's outselling Zelda there? :O

It is not outselling Zelda in Japan. At least open the link before saying such stuff multiple times. Overall sales of Zelda are more. However, it has stopped selling after the first week simply because there are no switch consoles to buy. There is a stock problem in Japan. Even then, Zelda numbers are double.

I dont understand this infatuation of gamers these days for their games to last a loooong time. Not weeks or months or even an year... but YEARS.

No need to sell a game + micro-transactions + DLC + companion apps then.

If UBISOFT / EA did not release titles with the a season pass and continued support, no one would have expectations but if you are building a game around that sales model and then letting it die, you rightfully have soured everyone.

And this this applies to single-player, open-world, sand-box, action-adventure experiences marketed by them as well.

Well, given that there is quite some hype for the announcement of its pvp arrival, I reckon nothing can be said about its longevity until we get to know about the structure of that game mode

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

No need to sell a game + micro-transactions + DLC + companion apps then.

If UBISOFT / EA did not release titles with the a season pass and continued support, no one would have expectations but if you are building a game around that sales model and then letting it die, you rightfully have soured everyone.

And this this applies to single-player, open-world, sand-box, action-adventure experiences marketed by them as well.

Oh they NEED to sell it. Believe you me. They wanna make monney.

You just dont need to buy it. And thats my point, the infatuation of gamers with their games to last an eternity is the culprit here. Companies are just trying to make a quick buck off of this phenomenon. Some succeeding and most failing at it. Which is natural. Most things in the world will always be average.

The thing I find absurd is people sh*ting on games after playing and enjoying them for a 100 hours. Move on. Dont fall for the paid DLC bullshit and eventually the companies will just stop. Its just not natural for anything to keep you entertained for that long.

I think critisizing an olddd game for its "dying letplay channels" is just coming at it from the wrong end. Its just some pseudo creator kiddo who got bored of his old G.I.joe/doll. The crux of the problem is in us, the gamers.

EA has stopped making a season pass for a while now. Only Battlefield has and the content is worth it. SIMS DLCs are fantastic as well. Nothing wrong when the content is good since it keeps the game alive for years.

Ubisoft is gonna Ubisoft.

The thing I find absurd is people sh*ting on games after playing and enjoying them for a 100 hours. Move on. Dont fall for the paid DLC bullshit and eventually the companies will just stop.

I did that once not because I didn't enjoy but because how disappointed I was despite spending 100 hours on Inquisition. And of course, I didn't even bother to check DLCs after that.

Its just not natural for anything to keep you entertained for that long.

Eh, debatable. If it's done right, it can keep you entertained for more than one can imagine. Plenty of games I've crossed 1000+ hours and I still enjoy like day 1.

I dont understand this infatuation of gamers these days for their games to last a loooong time. Not weeks or months or even an year... but YEARS.

That's because people have invested time in it? An online game is not supposed to die or fade away within a year or two. They are supposed to last longer than that.

I think critisizing an olddd game for its "dying letplay channels" is just coming at it from the wrong end. Its just some pseudo creator kiddo who got bored of his old G.I.joe/doll. The crux of the problem is in us, the gamers.

It's their job. When the game goes down, they can't keep producing videos and end up losing revenue. It's more than just a game.

You just dont need to buy it. And thats my point, the infatuation of gamers with their games to last an eternity is the culprit here. Companies are just trying to make a quick buck off of this phenomenon. Some succeeding and most failing at it. Which is natural. Most things in the world will always be average.

The thing I find absurd is people sh*ting on games after playing and enjoying them for a 100 hours. Move on. Dont fall for the paid DLC bullshit and eventually the companies will just stop. Its just not natural for anything to keep you entertained for that long.

So you are saying if I have played a game for 100 hours, then I have no right to say it is in bad state/heading in the wrong direction? I have 1000s of hours in the series you got in your custom title and in RTS games but that doesn't mean I agree with developers of those games on everything. If a good DLC comes out, I will buy it. If developers nerf or buff something resulting in an unbalanced game, then I will call them out. It is that simple.

No, they do not.

Just like every mainstream game does not have to be a open-world-sandbox-play-how-you-like-adventure-checklist-a-thon.

I have played War Thunder for more than a 1000 hours on STEAM, probably a couple hundred more when it was not on STEAM. I have played a 1000 hours of BattleField 4. This does not make them better games or worse games from a strictly technical stand-point, while in the grand scheme of things, BattleField 4 is now on a downward trend while War Thunder is still relatively stable. Is this because of marketing or just players moving on?

What do you attribute a game's lifespan too? When do you call out bullshit for what it is? What is worse, being sold a game for what it is, or being lied into buying something grand and that vision crashing down in under a month?

What about all the hype around EVOLVE, BattleBorn etc etc? Was it that they were bad games or were they badly marketed games?

The point is simple, a game can sell tens of billions worth of copies but if it does not manage to be what it is, in this case of UBISOFT being incapable of supporting their own franchise because they do not know how to balance things, mobilise its player base or even retain it, claiming a game is good because it broke a certain sales metric is pointless.

And this is even before we factor in the $60 price-tag for such titles.

So one year old is now an old game, I wonder what stuff like WoW, Counter-Strike and SKYRIM are for you then.

And I am glad that you reduce all of us to just bored people who are jobless enough to depend on these pseudo-creator-kiddos for most of our entertainment these days.

EA has stopped making a season pass for a while now. Only Battlefield has and the content is worth it. SIMS DLCs are fantastic as well. Nothing wrong when the content is good since it keeps the game alive for years.

Does not help that in a case like BattleField it breaks up the community. You cannot enjoy what you paid for and obviously you have no say in how the game develops because the CTE requires you to be a PREMIUM Pass owner.

I do not have a problem with DLC or Premium content but if they somehow subvert your overall experience then it is a net-negative.

Archived