Sea of Thieves

PS Fan

13 minutes ago, ALPHA17 said:

Bhaio, only you have the wisdom of the choice. 

We are simply haters. Please, carry on. I am anyways too old for more than 2-3 big releases a year now. If gaming as an experience simply devolves into a grotesque shambling monster of never-ending purchases for, I do not really need to bother. Have a great time when big corporates charge us for logging in. 

You have  a very negative image of AAA industry in your mind and i don't blame you, but thing is you have to realize that you have options and nobody is forcing you to buy anything. I have stopped supporting Activision after playing Destiny coz i have ton of other fantastic games that i can i enjoy.

You guys for some reason always assume the worst will happen if game has MTs in it.. Chill..

Iam genuinely shocked that game is getting so many positive feedback from media lol

Sea of Thieves is huge, fun, and just what the Xbox One needs

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/13/17003856/sea-of-thieves-game-preview

Edited by WhiteWolf

7 minutes ago, adity said:

You do realise that game pass essentially condemns every first party xbox game to be free to play?

Game pass would mean every first game is essentially free 2 play since few people will buy them at full price which would mean the marginal revenue would be only from increase in subscriptions. 

This is essentially saying goodbye to quality AAA single player titles. 

Sure, it's great for someone who like live games but not as good for Xbox fans who want SP games. 

Again assumptions

What makes you think sony will continue with AAA single player experiences and not change with the industry?

2 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Again assumptions

What makes you think sony will continue with AAA single player experiences and not change with the industry?

oh that will happen, just you wait and watch

check this

https://www.dualshockers.com/sony-microtransactions-ps4/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

MTs are never good as far as I am concerned. But on the other hand, it is not the end of the world. We know it is going to stay at least on a cosmetic level. You either adjust to it or skip the games which has it but it is never going away. World has enough people who spend a lot of money on MTs and a small group of hardcore gamers skipping their games is not gonna make a dent to it.

Good discussion until it turned into console wars because fking inferiority complex by the bots. Oh you hate the game's MT system? Must be because its Xbox exclusive.

Personally I think its the lesser of two evils and its perfectly fine. But like Jim said in his video (he doesn't hate it btw so I dunno what the Era dude was smoking) I'm not going to congratulate them for not adding lootboxes. I'm not that brainwashed by corporate fkery yet.

PS. Its a real shitty attitude to say MTs don't affect you because you don't buy them and you're happy to ape free dlc paid by someone else. Doesn't apply here because no lootbox gambling, but when they do appear in games they target people who have a problem with gambling and end up spending hundreds if not thousands before they go into debt. while you enjoy your free map. And you still get peanuts compared to a real paid map pack and paid expansions.

Used to be a time when you bought a game and it lasted for a good 10-15 hours. And then you'd replay it because it was so good. And a year down the line there would an expansion you never knew was coming that made you revisit and fall in love all over again. Getting too old for this sh*t.

• 3 weeks later...

Bad game. Just boring. Even with friends, it gets tedious and boring couple hours.

• Story/campaign - there is none.
  • Character creation - given it's an online game, I expected some cool character creation with nice customization but here we have nothing. All you get is some randomly generated pirates to choose one. It doesn't matter what you choose.
  • Attributes/skills - there are none.
  • Visuals - great water. Looks nice overall too.
  • Gameplay - eh. Very simplistic. Easy to pick up.
  • Content - basically nothing for $60.

l2kBOp5.jpg

The game has only 2 ships. Small and big. You can choose either one and set sailing. Sail and sail and sail to different places which seem to be randomly generated and some of them have nothing but few rocks and chickens running around and barrels full of bananas and planks. Oh, and water has a shark at times. So there is a threat. Some islands have skeletons and their bosses who take more than 2 hits to die.

Well...that's it. Rinse and repeat. And unlock skins which cost an absurd amount.

mF12KUT.jpg

(good luck unlocking these with your 50 coins reward)

Don't really understand the hype. The game lacks content and should be sold for $60. Let alone $40 when other games which are miles better and offers way more content. Vermintide 2 for example.

I also don't know what were they doing since E3 2015 reveal. More than 3 years. The game is basically just that. Even from a baseline graphics level, it looks like they had a lot of the underlying systems in place (the art looks near identical, the dynamic water system is in place.) From a gameplay perspective, you've got the same galleon as at release, with sail adjustment mechanics and everything. 

What changed exactly? The whole thing is sort of some mock-up idea of what a pirate set sail game could be. 

As for the loot, again, don't get how you can make a game about literally searching for loot chests without meaningful loot in them. Chests are meaningless. They learned nothing about exploring. There is nothing to explore in this game.

Everyones have been telling that they left most of the features out of the BETA but now that the game is launched I don't see anything new except some outfits. The whole thing reeks scam and massive promotion to push Xbox Pass since they know people wouldn't pay $60 for this crap. 

A massive disappoint as expected. Sort of like No Man's Sky. The gameplay loop is boring. Shallow boat and foot combat and completing activities I couldn't give damn about cosmetics so there really isn't much of a point. Even $15 game like Blackwake offers better except for visuals. 

Do yourself a favour and avoid. Just a massive waste of time. 

• Like 1