Sea of Thieves

WhiteWolf

Nope.

Sea of Thieves will not be free-to-play, but more information on pricing and release plans will be shared in the future.

"We've done a lot of thinking around the business model," veteran Rare employee and Sea of Thieves design director Gregg Mayles told Eurogamer. "One thing I can tell you is it's not free-to-play. We didn't say anything last year and then some people made stuff up, y'know, 'it looks free-to-play!' But we can clear that up - we will not be free-to-play."

Expect $40 or full $60 price. 

8 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Its F2P so no one is buying it. :P

Wouldn't be surprised if it happens, can already see Overwatch-Paladins stuff happening over again, you will need to buy Gems from under the ocean to customise the characters. :lol: 

Judging by the developer , the last Rare game I played was Kameo , that too had no choice as it was the only game got with the 360 bundle pack and had to wait until other games arrived back in early 2008. They kinda develop all the mediocre games :doh:

The only thing that's keeping me interested is playing with friends on an adventure to loot other ships , each player on deck is given some role  to handle the task (one controlling the ship, other watching from top and so on), One piece type treasure hunt, if its all single player then there is no need to waste the efforts in even developing it.

8 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Is this coming on Steam? 

No only Xbox and Windows 10 Playanywhere right now.

They should release it on Steam coz these type of multiplayer share world games are quite popular on Steam.

Releasing on Windows 10 store is complete waste.

1 hour ago, Golden Frag said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it happens, can already see Overwatch-Paladins stuff happening over again, you will need to buy Gems from under the ocean to customise the characters. :lol: 

Judging by the developer , the last Rare game I played was Kameo , that too had no choice as it was the only game got with the 360 bundle pack and had to wait until other games arrived back in early 2008. They kinda develop all the mediocre games :doh:

The only thing that's keeping me interested is playing with friends on an adventure to loot other ships , each player on deck is given some role  to handle the task (one controlling the ship, other watching from top and so on), One piece type treasure hunt, if its all single player then there is no need to waste the efforts in even developing it.

It's not a SP game. It's a multiplayer share world game like your Division and Destiny, which you can play yourself but you will get bored.

They have added matchmaking for every mode which will help solo players.

They have to nail end game and loot. Game needs good end game Adventures and good meaningful loot. If it's f**king grind like Destiny then no thanks.

8 hours ago, Golden Frag said:

It is up to individuals to define their roles, there are no dedicated role slots to be filled.

8 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

WTF. Who would buy this?

I genuinely thought this was F2P or like a super low investment early access game.  60 bucks for this sh*t is mental. 

Have you checked any of the E3 previews? It's getting lot of praise from every site. Lines for Sea of thieves were bigger than Crackdown or any other Xbox game at e3.

They havn't showed end game content yet..It will have boss fights against massive sea creatures and raid like adventures as well...

Edited by WhiteWolf

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

No one is going to pay 60$ for this crap. Maybe 10$ max. 

B-B-B-B-But the lines were really long and Easy Allies say the game is good. 

6 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Have you checked any of the E3 previews? It's getting lot of praise from every site. Lines for Sea of thieves were bigger than Crackdown or any other Xbox game at e3.

They havn't showed end game content yet..It will have boss fights against massive sea creatures and raid like adventures as well...

Tell you what champ. Put your money where your mouth is. Bump this post when you buy it new for 60$. Till then, lets all agree that it looks like garbage. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...