Nier Automata

IshmaelIsBack

16 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

LOL. RPG. Not even going to bother discussing it further. 

@Heaven Angel - if you don't have time, you can still just complete the route A. 

There's a genre called action rpg.  It's action rpg check the link above I posted. 

Action rpg genre is different from traditional rpg. 

Dark Souls, Diablo and Nier Automata fall in action rpg genre where abilities and weapons completely changes your play style and you are free to use them however you want.  Nier Automata offers that level of freedom in combat coz I have played on harder difficulties and I know that you can't progress without changing and testing your plays style constantly. Every weapon animation and effects are different and chips changes them even further. It's 100% action rpg. 

And Heaven is not a n00b who will youtube it like you lol 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Guys relax. It's not a big deal of how you play the game, but more about how much you connect and enjoy it. By the time you're done with the route A with a good amount of side quests completion, you'll be appropriately leveled to take on route B, which is essentially route A, but from 9S's perspective with a few gameplay changes and character development. You'll breeze through it in no time. I mean my current time clocked with all routes and 95% side quests completion is at 43 hours, which could have been less if I wasn't trying to take on enemies higher than my own level. 

Once you hit route C, things shift dramatically. If you're invested in the game past route B, then route C is highly recommended. Completing this route doesn't take very long either, if you stick to the main storyline. If you're a completionist, the game also offers chapter select to go back and complete every side quest you missed. The original NieR had a hard cut off for side quests and I had to literally make a check list of every side quest completion as I was playing the game, so as to not miss a single one. This game gives you plenty of leeway in that respect.

You'll have a lot of the game's lore explained over the course of these 3 routes. Even after completing route C, I still wanted more of A2. I mean, I expected a deeper explanation to her character's past, but it sadly it was left unexplored. I hope a DLC would probably add to that. 

To summarize, get the complete experience by finishing all the routes. Trust me, it isn't that long and I know how long some of the more recent RPG titles can be *cough* Fallout 4 *cough*

Dark Souls, Diablo, and Nier Automata fall in action RPG genre. 

MH2ch7k.gif MH2ch7k.gif MH2ch7k.gif

None of the games are like each other. What's next? Tomb Raider? Shadow of Mordor? Because those games have weapons, levelling, missions, story, abilities, etc.

And, I might be a noob or not replay again and again due to time constraint but at least I don't glitch and cheat my way through. 

Guys guys! don't fight over for a game. Sure this is a really good game but sure it's not worth the scuffle. 

@WhiteWolf If Joe thinks that playing a single playthrough is sufficient to get the whole picture then why are you pressing him? He's right for not going through the whole game again and again just for the story, it can be watched on YT or can be read from the internet. He's clearly referring for the ones who don't get enough time to play games. 

@Joe Cool Let Whitewolf aka Zodka think that this is an RPG game. For some the Horizon Zero Dawn is also a full fledged RPG game, lol. Yes it has the small RPG elements but certainly not an RPG game. I'd like to compete the whole game and also get all the trophies if I don't get bored. I must admit that the soundtracks and the narrative is quite good so far.   

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:
8 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Guys guys! don't fight over for a game. Sure this is a really good game but sure it's not worth the scuffle. 

@WhiteWolf If Joe thinks that playing a single playthrough is sufficient to get the whole picture then why are you pressing him? He's right for not going through the whole game again and again just for the story, it can be watched on YT or can be read from the internet. He's clearly referring for the ones who don't get enough time to play games. 

@Joe Cool Let Whitewolf aka Zodka think that this is an RPG game. For some the Horizon Zero Dawn is also a full fledged RPG game, lol. Yes it has the small RPG elements but certainly not an RPG game. I'd like to compete the whole game and also get all the trophies if I don't get bored. I must admit that the soundtracks and the narrative is quite good so far.   

Abey same playthroughs nahi hai...Route B is same but with different perspective but route C is different.  To understand Full story of all characters you have to play all routes..Joe never bothered playing full game..So he thinks all playthroughs are same. lol

And believe it or not this is action RPG  and not your tradition RPG like witcher or Fallout.. In ARPG games you create your set builds that you can't do in HZD or ROTR..You can unlock all skills in one playthrough and become jack of all trades in HZD that's not how action RPG game works..

In Dark souls you can't become jack of all trades..You have to select a build and then play according to that..You can respec but you can't be tank and magic all at same time. In Nier Automata, you can't become jack of all trades as there is not set build, you customize and create build according to your play style on harder difficulties.  You can play as Tank by activating defense chips or you can play as attack character by activating attack chips or you can play range character by enhancing pod abilities and hacking skills. You can't put all chips in slots as you have limited amount of inventory space , you have to choose what play style you want and play according that in entire game.

On Easy and Normal, you can just play as hack nd slash without worrying about chips but on harder difficulties you just can't hack nd slash your way by ignoring chips. You can hack and slash your way even in Witcher 3 on easy by ignoring all skills but not on hard or DM.

Even top credible websites called it a open world rpg

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/03/20/nier-automata-review/

If you think iam posting all BS and this not action RPG then just ask Tyler, he will explain you better why this is 100% action RPG game like Dark souls. It's not like Dark souls but it's in same genre.

Edited by WhiteWolf

Not fighting with anyone but my personal thoughts are that End A was Taro's way of trolling game endings these days. Anyone who loves gaming would persist after that and find the real game that he made. those who persist find a game to be remembered for a lifetime. Those who stop at A find an average game which is being overhyped by others.
End A is just not the end. If you follow conventions, well then there is End A for you. But if u like to game ,stay spoilerfree and persist, boy do you have the time of your life ! That final end was .......electric !!!! 
youtubing it .....well, why game then? watch movies. They are a valid entertainment medium :P (No offence, i am just carefree having fun here)

Dont kill me, but End A was the biggest troll moment of gaming of this year. He pulled a Kojima with that one. End A is nothing. its just end of Act 1. This game annihilates and trolls the concept of "endings" for laughs and to pull up surprises. By then end, you dont care about endings at all.....you are just in for the ride !  I am no Yako TAro fan or anything but this game was the most refreshing gaming moment since forever. It brought the fun, the joy of "just playing with you" back to games. Loved it to the core  <3

Edited by RenegadeRocks
  • Like 1

Well if you compare it with MGSV, it's always a question of how far you're willing to go. I really felt MGSV was actually complete once you're finished with M:50 and not when the game trolls you with the normal ending. The true ending ends the game on a more satisfying note. Nier's progression looks to be even more thoughtful.

I guess it boils down to whether the designer intended it to be integral to the game or just a luxury/reward for completionist. All signs point to the first part but I haven't played the full game so cant say  for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CM Sunny said:

Well if you compare it with MGSV, it's always a question of how far you're willing to go. I really felt MGSV was actually complete once you're finished with M:50 and not when the game trolls you with the normal ending. The true ending ends the game on a more satisfying note. Nier's progression looks to be even more thoughtful.

I guess it boils down to whether the designer intended it to be integral to the game or just a luxury/reward for completionist. All signs point to the first part but I haven't played the full game so cant say  for sure.

Not comparing it to MGS V, just how Kojima plays with the players in his games usually. A quirk.
And yes, in Nier's case its integral part of the game. The actual story happens after End A. Its not a reward or an extra. Half of the game is after End A. Why the designer did that, why he trolled or thought it would be cool word of mouth that spreads> well, only he knows the intent behind it, but the game doesnt end at all with end A, its the first story beat. I think He just did something unconventional to break the player's monotony of playing games. ALso to perpetrate the theme of story into the structure of the game itself where nothing is what it seems like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RenegadeRocks said:

Not comparing it to MGS V, just how Kojima plays with the players in his games usually. A quirk.
And yes, in Nier's case its integral part of the game. The actual story happens after End A. Its not a reward or an extra. Half of the game is after End A. Why the designer did that, why he trolled or thought it would be cool word of mouth that spreads> well, only he knows the intent behind it, but the game doesnt end at all with end A, its the first story beat. I think He just did something unconventional to break the player's monotony of playing games. ALso to perpetrate the theme of story into the structure of the game itself where nothing is what it seems like.

I didn't meant to imply that you were making that comparison. I meant that if we do make that comparison because MgsV also employed a somewhat similar trick; then we need to look at the designer intent and also at how much does the post false ending content adds to the experience,

There are lot of games that add in some extra lore options if you do a 2nd playthrough. In Dark Souls, bosses evolve and the rewards change. However that is something not very integral and something you can catch on youtube. Even for lore related items.

In the case of Nier, it's kinda the opposite as it's not just extra tidbits to reward the replay but the additional playthroughs are actually a part of the designer's origial vision.

Edited by CM Sunny
  • Like 1

Done will all the side quests to 100% along with weapons & Pod upgrades at 100%. Had to farm for about an hour for the 'simple gadget' to get Pod C's upgrade but somehow managed to push through.

Spoiler

Got ending 'Y' for Emil's clone battle. Need to read up on what really happened in that quest. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Getting back to this game again as an attempt to clear the backlog. 8 hrs in now.

Can someone please explain to me the mathematics behind fusing of the chips in layman's term?

I am not able to completely comprehend the online guides and some explanation would be appreciated.

No need to fuse chips as it will cost lot of credits and other resources. Sell them as you constantly get high power chips from merchants and bosses.  Just make sure you have credits. 

50 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

No need to fuse chips as it will cost lot of credits and other resources. Sell them as you constantly get high power chips from merchants and bosses.  Just make sure you have credits. 

Ok.

So if I have similar kind of Chip but of different levels and equip both of them, then does the effect of both the chips stack together? or only the chip with the higher level is effective?

• 2 months later...

NieR series producer Yosuke Saito was asked about the series’ future developments in the latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation.

“As for a game, we’re making preparations for the setting which you could guess from the fact that we were recruiting a scenario planner,” Saito said. “I hope you will look forward to it.”

As for the question of whether NieR: Automata director Yoko Taro is up to the task, Saito said, “He is… I would like to believe (laughs). Yoko says he will do anything as long as he receives money for it, but there is no one who doesn’t move for money as much as that man. He only wants to do what he wants to do. So I’ll try my best to explicitly say what he doesn’t want to do to guide him towards what I want to do (laughs).”

https://gematsu.com/2017/11/nier-producer-yosuke-saito-teases-series-future-developments

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...