Nier Automata

IshmaelIsBack

• 1 month later...

Started it and what an amazing game this is!! Awesome gameplay and from whatever I've seen and heard story would be great as well. Though its no way near in terms of graphics but the opening level is god-of-war level badass. Hope to stick to it to see all the endings.

On 3/30/2020 at 1:48 AM, Heaven Angel said:

Yea that i heard, also the gameplay got criticized too. The OST and story were good. Maybe because of the production value and the developer.

Glad to know you've been gaming for quite long.

Fresh news coming up.

Nier Replicant is neither a remaster or a remake but an upgraded version with a new ending possibly. 

Developer is Toylogic and senior designer of Nier Automata also corporated.

Shifted to console gaming in 2004 when I bought a ps2.

Before that it was mostly PC gaming only.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Towards the end and this is one of the best games I've ever played.

Loved:

:wub: Novel story and setting and a very unique prospective of the world
:wub: This has made the side quests a lot of fun too. 
:wub: Memorable main and side characters...
:wub:...that includes the awesome bosses too
:wub:Great combat. 

Hated:

:furious: Map. One of the worst as far as I remember in a game I've played. Many times it makes more time to find the spot than to complete the quest itself.
:furious: Story bits/lore being discussed while a boss battle is going on. "I" found it hard to concentrate on both at the same time. Had to YT the section again later on.
:furious: No auto save.

Campaign was full of WTF moments and this is just my first play through. Will surely be doing multiple play throughs to get all the endings.

1 hour ago, adity said:

Yeah idk what Japanese games have against auto save. Played persona 5 a lot over the weekend and had a bit of a scare since I thought I hadn't saved for a couple of hours. Luckily had saved before exiting. 

JPN devs don't mind save-scumming. Some even consider it a legit strategy. Like how you can keep loading last save in P5 during fusion alarm phase until you get a super-rare persona. Can't do that if the game auto saved after infusion.

Finished Route A, immediately started Route B and I am almost towards the end. Saw posts about people not liking Route B much, but thats not the case with me. Off-course the sense of wonder from Route A is missing, but lots of new cutscenes are sprinkled frequently to keep me motivated to proceed with the game.(The context given to opera boss ?). And the soundtrack is awesome too. Elevates the boss fights. Also focusing more on side quests this time. Game gives no indication that you are reaching a point of no return because of which lots of side quests were left unfinished during first playthrough, which I'll have to play again :furious: 

Havnt seen many recommending this gem of a game. Please dont miss this game, if you havnt played this yet :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Finished the game, got all the main endings A-E. This is a new entry to the top 10 games I've ever played.(3rd, this gen). The story, gameplay, soundtrack, characters, philosophical themes, boss fights...everything about the game was top-notch. Loved it!! Its the type of game which when ends you wish for a way to erase it from memory so as to relive those moments all over again for the first time :) 

I'm a Yoko-Taro fan now. Guy seems to be unconventional and a bit weird(in a good way) like Kojima. Various fourth wall breaking references, the fake and joke endings, handling of trophies etc etc were so unique. Among all the Ubilol-esque cookie-cutter open world games these days, hoping to keep getting gems like these. Thing I hated most about the game was that most of the times, plot points were discussed during heated boss fights...found it infuriating.

Game was heavy, need something fun and lighthearted now...something a RGG studio's game can provide in abundance.

2 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Nice. Game was amazing. Finished it on ps4 and Xbox. One of the best games of last gen 

Yea, now I am thinking about picking the other game you usually recommend - MGS 5 :)

2 hours ago, adity said:

Bro how long did it take to finish? I'm also thinking of picking it up. 

Around 40 hours.

Route A: ~9-10 hours

Route B: ~19-20 hrs

Route C,D,E: ~10 hrs

I had to play lots of side quests again though as I reached a point of no return during my Route A playthrough. And a good 3-4 hrs might have been wasted trying to figure out the markers in map :furious:

Have seen people losing interest during Route B playthrough so I will recommend trying to complete as many side quests as you can during your first playthrough when the sense of wonder is there. That is, if you are planning to do the side quests in the first place. They are mostly the usual fetch quests and not necessary for progression or story related events but provide more context to the game world. I ended up with a completion % of 90. 8% during Route A, 74% after Route B.

20 hours ago, Bauji said:

Looking forward to Nier:Replicant. Heard the gameplay is not that good though.

Yeah, unfortunately, it's definitely dated by current standards. Hell, it was dated even by the time it was released. But the story and the voice acting was absolutely amazing. Not to mention the soundtrack, which was heavenly. 

Let's see how the remake turns out. 

• 2 months later...

We're pleased to announce that NieR Replicant™ ver.1.22474487139... will be available on Steam on April 23rd, 2021.

NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139... is an updated version of NieR Replicant, previously only released in Japan.

Discover the one-of-a-kind prequel of the critically-acclaimed masterpiece NieR:Automata. Now with a modern upgrade, experience masterfully revived visuals, a fascinating storyline and more!

The protagonist is a kind young man living in a remote village. In order to save his sister Yonah, who fell terminally ill to the Black Scrawl, he sets out with Grimoire Weiss, a strange talking tome, to search for the "Sealed verses."

Steam

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Steam

Release on PS4, PC and Xbox One World-wide on April 23rd, 2021. No next gen system release news. Japan release on April 22nd, 2021 (1 day before global release)

A Deluxe/Collector's Edition of the game is also announced (Called the "White Snow Edition")

main.jpg

From SourceThe Nier Replicant ver. 1.22474487139 White Snow Edition includes a copy of the game, along with a SteelBook case; three pins based on the white, black, and crimson books; a seven-volume set of the game’s recording script; and a two-CD soundtrack set that comes in a grimoire-style package. The White Snow Edition comes in deluxe packaging. It’s available for pre-order in Japan for 19,800 yen (about $188), and will come to North America for an unspecified price.

Sourcehttps://www.polygon.com/2020/9/24/21454102/nier-replicant-release-date-ps4-xbox-one-pc-steam

Edited by roun90

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a blast with this one today, 5 hour session and so many bosses already.. thank god the auto save is kinda there for the boss fights or would have been a PIA.. The amusement park Boss was the most fun till now.. the Adam and Eve were a*s kicking but that ended soon too..

Unlocked the fast travel now so will clean up lot of side missions that I signed up for, I am getting so many vibes in this game FF, Metal Gear, SOTC because of the bosses and BGM..

QQ - so when you die during fight, should we collect the body every time ? I have been collecting everytime but what will happen if you don’t and you die again? 

5 hours ago, AnK said:

What Difficulty are you playing on?!?

I guess I have no other option but to play normal on this one 

I play mostly on normal so this also on normal.. Once you land ignore all the small bots and go right into the big boss, The intro boss ain’t that tough just dodge properly.. or you can play normal and then switch to Hard once you get save points 

2 hours ago, adity said:

If you don't collect the body, you lose all the chips and other stuff you collected.

Phew, good to know.. I thought the credits will roll again or something... so overall the save system ain’t bad at all once you get into it..