Nier Automata

IshmaelIsBack

17 hours ago, Aloy said:

Is this game easy on beginners in terms of the story? I haven't played the previous game but this looks very interesting. I like my action games.

Easily one hidden gem this game is. Combat needs a learning curve but just the story and music makes this worth.

For me, I even liked the combat. It's fast and fun. Thinking of giving a try second time on my Xbox Series X. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Easily one hidden gem this game is. Combat needs a learning curve but just the story and music makes this worth.

For me, I even liked the combat. It's fast and fun. Thinking of giving a try second time on my Xbox Series X. 

I think I tried the demo a few years ago and I indeed ended up liking the combat. I'm a HUGE DMC fan, so this seems right up my alley.  Do I need the familiarize myself with the story of the previous game before starting this one?

Now, the wait for the next sale begins lol

1 minute ago, Aloy said:

Do I need the familiarize myself with the story of the previous game before starting this one?

Nope. 

1 minute ago, Aloy said:

Don't you have Xbox bro? 

1 minute ago, Aloy said:

I think I tried the demo a few years ago and I indeed ended up liking the combat. I'm a HUGE DMC fan, so this seems right up my alley.  Do I need the familiarize myself with the story of the previous game before starting this one?

No you don't. The story is very self contained. If you end up liking this game, you can pick up replicant to familiarize yourself with the characters referenced in Automata and to understand the full lore. 

11 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Nope. 

Don't you have Xbox bro? 

Sadly nope

10 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

No you don't. The story is very self contained. If you end up liking this game, you can pick up replicant to familiarize yourself with the characters referenced in Automata and to understand the full lore. 

Good to know.

I finished ending A - didn't feel as groundbreaking as expected. Does it become significantly more meaningful after completing more play-throughs?

7 hours ago, Assassins Creed said:

How cute is this soundtrack :wub: I would say add it to KIDS syllabus with ABCD in the script 

you can see here the people who actually sang the different songs in the game

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

I finished ending A - didn't feel as groundbreaking as expected. Does it become significantly more meaningful after completing more play-throughs?

you can see here the people who actually sang the different songs in the game

Ending A is basically a meme ending or a normal Video Game Ending. It's a very common, nothing special path. It's from the B Path that the game starts messing with you. Path B (2nd Play-through) is the same as the 1st, but you will play as 9S, see things from his view and start to see that things are not as rosy as the 2B path painted. You will start seeing the cracks in all the characters.

Then the 3rd Playthrough (Path C), is where you will play as 2A, and that's where you will find out that you've hardly even scratched the surface of the game. At least 50%-60% of the the game is still left and the play-through will be completely new. It's also where the story will mess with your head, and where the Oscar Level narrative comes into play. Then the final ending will absolutely blow you away.

Just now, roun90 said:

Ending A is basically a meme ending or a normal Video Game Ending. It's a very common, nothing special path. It's from the B Path that the game starts messing with you. Path B (2nd Play-through) is the same as the 1st, but you will play as 9S, see things from his view and start to see that things are not as rosy as the 2B path painted. You will start seeing the cracks in all the characters.

Then the 3rd Playthrough (Path C), is where you will play as 2A, and that's where you will find out that you've hardly even scratched the surface of the game. At least 50%-60% of the the game is still left and the play-through will be completely new. It's also where the story will mess with your head, and where the Oscar Level narrative comes into play. Then the final ending will absolutely blow you away.

Thanks man!! 

While playing, I just ran away randomly and got 2 more endings which basically said that the protagonist doesn’t give a f*ck about the problems and ditched the whole thing and lived happily ever after :rofl: nice touch :bigyellowgrin:

@Assassins Creed The singer in Nier and Nier Automata (Emi Evans) is absolutely incredible. She basically sings in 3 languages - one in English, one in Japanese and one in Chaos Language, which is a made up language taking inspiration from various languages.

For example, here in the same song "Weight of the World" -

1) English Version:

2) Japanese Version:

3) Chaos Version:

All sang by the same singer (Chaos Version she herself made up). Listen to it and you'll be amazed at how talented she is.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Do I finish all side quests in first play through then ? I at least have like 10-12 activities open, I signed up for everything that was showing as QUESTS

There are some quests which can be done only by 2b or 9s or 3rd protagonist. Some can be shared by 2b or 9s and some can be done by all 3

6 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@Assassins Creed The singer in Nier and Nier Automata (Emi Evans) is absolutely incredible. She basically sings in 3 languages - one in English, one in Japanese and one in Chaos Language, which is a made up language taking inspiration from various languages.

For example, here in the same song "Weight of the World" -

1) English Version:

2) Japanese Version:

3) Chaos Version:

All sang by the same singer (Chaos Version she herself made up). Listen to it and you'll be amazed at how talented she is.

masterclass in game music. Only other composers that come close imo are ‘from software’ ones and Doom

Edited by 0verlord