Nier Automata

IshmaelIsBack

Spoiler

I am at a point where 9S destroys the sea Boss and now I am searching for him.. this boss was super annoying the pods were all over the screen

How much more for ending A ?

I bumped into couple of challenge missions in quests, they are tough AF without recovery and POD, 

Ahhhh finally deleted this stupid game - the game literally became useless. What a pointless game - This game is the one which gave me least satisfaction after finishing a game and I am rank 1 among Xbox friends in terms of number of endings unlocked after unlocking 10 endings....more than 34 hours of playtime 

13 minutes ago, adity said:

Ban

I should have played on easy to save all the heartache and effort. It literally feels like losing real money or similar. What are we, Mother Teresa??

This should have been a movie and not a game. Why torture people like this? What’s the meaning of all this!!??? This game??!!

Itna mehnat karke kya mila? Anda

Edited by 0verlord

26 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I should have played on easy to save all the heartache and effort. It literally feels like losing real money or similar. What are we, Mother Teresa??

This should have been a movie and not a game. Why torture people like this? What’s the meaning of all this!!??? This game??!!

Itna mehnat karke kya mila? Anda

Ofcourse man, everyone is entitled to their own opinion :cheers:

Mother Teresa :rofl:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, adity said:

Idk maybe it wasn't for you. I really loved the story. Probably some of the best in gaming. I did drop to easy after route A because I wasn't enjoying the combat all that much. 

This game is pure grief. Raw grief. I feel like going to sleep. 

I feel it’s a masterpiece because it literally makes you feel what the characters feel when the game ends. 

The real impact of this game is for those who play on harder difficulty and complete the game - ooof, that would require real strength of character and real sacrifice on the part of the player. 

I think the ending reaches amazing heights in terms of emotions and it’s as if the game maker actually reaches out and speaks to you individually as a gamer

The real point of this game is your ability to sacrifice, imo. That’s not a real game. Games are for fun, not sacrifice lol.

Also, if you are a stubborn gamer, it cheats you out of a chance for achieving something. And I am a stubborn gamer. Unfair.

At the end of a game you achieve something and win. Not here. 

Has this game contributed to fun and happiness of people overall?? Did you feel happy after completing this game?

Edited by 0verlord

31 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

he real point of this game is your ability to sacrifice, imo. That’s not a real game. Games are for fun, not sacrifice lol.

Kaunsa sacrifice bhai? 

The story is touching, the gamers of this and next generation call for this kind of lore and game. Games are fun when it makes you feel emotional. Look at TLOU, RDR, GOT, LIS and many more. 

• Haha 1

Flowers for mAchines

Loved the environment..Liked the combat and fast paced action but can get overwhelming in some bosses, the recovery system is good as long as you have it or gotta farm and come back or start from previous save etc which is bit irritating.. 

Soundtrack is the big Hero of the game for me, it’s in the leagues of SOTC, probably even better for me.. it keeps humming in my mind so much.. the Pascal one especially..

Eve ne watt lagadi end mein, I had no recovery left and the last limping stage was real test of patience got very frustrating but got it done ;)

Br..ther Brother Brother :hug:

Guess I’ll take a break and get back to Demon Souls, will revisit other play throughs later..

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, AnK said:

Just Started this bad boy (or girl) 

Need to know something 

If I die I loose everything that’s on me or something specific?!?

also if I have saved doesn’t that “something specific” get saved too ?!??

If you die, you only loose your equipped chips on the character. To regain those chips, you need to retrieve it from your body. If you fail at doing that and die again, it's gone permanently. Same as the Dark Souls game and it's "souls" retrieval mechanic. 

Moral of the story; Manual save a frequently as possible. Reload the last save if you die unexpectedly and have some rare chips equipped. 

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

But I guess that part is different & I can just reload my save to have it all back?!?

right?!?

Yes, you will do this lot of times in the game.. Like I am in Boss battle I die, come back there is no recovery at all which makes it tough to win the Boss, so reload the last save and you get all back..

28 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

If you die, you only loose your equipped chips on the character. To regain those chips, you need to retrieve it from your body. If you fail at doing that and die again, it's gone permanently. Same as the Dark Souls game and it's "souls" retrieval mechanic. 

Moral of the story; Manual save a frequently as possible. Reload the last save if you die unexpectedly and have some rare chips equipped. 

Honestly I never got around and worried too much about the chips, I just kept it automatic and played the whole route A

Edited by Assassins Creed

4 minutes ago, AnK said:

But I guess that part is different & I can just reload my save to have it all back?!?

right?!?

Correct, you need to ensure that you manually save. You can test it out if you want. Create a manual save. If you have just started the game, equip some sh*tty common chip and die twice. Then reload your last save, see if it works. 

10 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Correct, you need to ensure that you manually save. You can test it out if you want. Create a manual save. If you have just started the game, equip some sh*tty common chip and die twice. Then reload your last save, see if it works. 

what is the difference between Use Items like 'Melee Defense UP' and chips ? :unsure: Chips is like extra base skill which remains ?  I see the Use Items disappear soon during the combat

1 minute ago, Assassins Creed said:

what is the difference between Use Items like 'Melee Defense UP' and chips ? :unsure: Chips is like extra base skill which remains ?  I see the Use Items disappear soon during the combat

Those are temporary consumable items Melee Defense up (L & S, for large and small respectively) that allow limited time skill boost to your character. For instance, Melee Defense up (s) grants reduced damaged from melee attacks by 50% for 15 seconds. Not to be confused with an actual defense chip that, when equipped, would boost your stat till the time it stays equipped. 

There is a chip in the game that auto-consumes some of these items (forgot the name), which restores your health when it's below a crucial threshold. So you'll see the recovery items being auto-consumed at times.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Those are temporary consumable items Melee Defense up (L & S, for large and small respectively) that allow limited time skill boost to your character. For instance, Melee Defense up (s) grants reduced damaged from melee attacks by 50% for 15 seconds. Not to be confused with an actual defense chip that, when equipped, would boost your stat till the time it stays equipped. 

There is a chip in the game that auto-consumes some of these items (forgot the name), which restores your health when it's below a crucial threshold. So you'll see the recovery items being auto-consumed at times.  

Oh ya, I get it now.. when I was playing the first hour I saw I recovered automatically then once main campaign started looks like I didn't do anything with the chips.. Let me experiment some of these in Route B

58 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Oh ya, I get it now.. when I was playing the first hour I saw I recovered automatically then once main campaign started looks like I didn't do anything with the chips.. Let me experiment some of these in Route B

Found the name of the chip. It's called 'Auto-Use Item' and it's description reads 'Auto-use healing item if HP drops below 30%. Heals 10-100% more.'

I kept it on until I got way too overpowered. This avoided a lot of accidental deaths. Chip management and farming can be a bit tedious and honestly not that essential unless you are very invested in the combat and playstyle. Personally, I only started aggressively chip farming when I hit max level and that was only to complete those DLC arena battles. Main game can easily be done without too much effort put into it.  

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

On 3/10/2021 at 9:29 PM, adity said:

Umm yeah. It's not just the ending. I really loved the lore, characters, dialogue, music, etc. in the game. It was beautiful imo. It's a masterpiece because it's peak video game storytelling.

so I thought over it and watched some review videos like Skillup etc. My final thoughts are -

Story - intellectually towers over almost everything out there, it is multi-layered and accomplished story-telling and character development but a very catch-22 plot - amazing but has a circular logic - meaning at the end you ask what you have achieved after all that effort? We are back to square one.

Spoiler

As 9S and Pod says - it's all meaningless and we would reach the same conclusion again

Game and level design - very interconnected and masterfully crafted

Music - masterclass in isolation. But how each track is interwoven into each location and each event - that's just god-tier as if the game director himself composed the music with the perfect understanding of what the game is - this is the best feature of the game, imo - just too good -

Graphics - very few good areas - rest suck - low resolution textures, aliased edges everywhere

Sense of urgency - very real and meaningful, towards the end you are obsessed with finding out how it ends - very gripping

Conclusion - I think this is a defining game for gaming as a medium 9.8/10 - 0.2 deducted for loser endings

Must watch for people who beat the game -

On 3/10/2021 at 10:00 PM, Heaven Angel said:

Kaunsa sacrifice bhai?

Spoiler

1) when you are in credits, you die at Square Enix and onwards because it's just impossible to win - only professional gamers can hope to beat it. This means people are forced to accept defeat and forced to take help otherwise you don't get the ending - imagine a normal player without internet - he gets not help and practically can't beat credits and can't get the final real ending - it's convoluted and badly designed and takes away a sense of achievement

2) sacrifice - idiot game deletes your save and not 1 but all 3 - basically all the effort you put in over 30+ hours to beat all the bosses - those are painfully difficult (not counting easy difficulty - easy difficulty takes away a real chunk of the design of the game) - you lose all that and you must lose it because you accepted help to beat the game - if you don't sacrifice, ending E is meaning less - but you are forced to sacrifice as it's impossible to beat the game otherwise - just rubbish

On 3/10/2021 at 10:36 PM, abhi90 said:

If the game is anything like the first, then it's great. :fear: Someone tell me it's similar.

you first tell me if Replicant is as good as Automata :rofl: 

V1.22.. is coming out soon and I am really debating whether to play day 1

2 minutes ago, adity said:

everyone chose to

This is exactly my problem - whether we chose or were guilted into choosing by the game - if you don’t then in your own eyes you come off as greedy and inconsiderate. I feel that the choice is  forced and not voluntary as it should ideally come off as