Nier Automata

IshmaelIsBack

Do the side quests resume or do you have to start them from scratch?!

yeah I started this long ago 

but then got PSnow 1 month promo 

So played 4 games on priority there 

also I play 2-3 games at once 

playing Metro & RE6 alongside this 

6 minutes ago, AnK said:

Do the side quests resume or do you have to start them from scratch?!

yeah I started this long ago 

but then got PSnow 1 month promo 

So played 4 games on priority there 

also I play 2-3 games at once 

playing Metro & RE6 alongside this 

It depends. Certain side quests are divided into parts so they resume from the beginning of their latest parts.

For one off side quests, they need to be fully redone.

Also some side quests are character specific and so they won't respawn on later playthroughs. Chapter select can be used to do those.

• Like 1

So I started rout B as 9S 

Will I be able to finish parts of Side Quests that got left behind in rout A as 2B ?!?

Or I have to wait for some other part of the game to unlock?!?

8 hours ago, AnK said:

So I started rout B as 9S 

Will I be able to finish parts of Side Quests that got left behind in rout A as 2B ?!?

Or I have to wait for some other part of the game to unlock?!?

Common side quests will be available later on depending on where you are in the story.

Character specific side quests which got left behind can be done later via chapter select which unlocks after route C.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I reached the robot Village (next to the amusement park) and don't know what to do next. Got some sidequests from there but they're in inaccessible areas. 

Currently just roaming the areas. There's no fast travel yet (i know you get it later) which is really annoying, have to traverse large distances manually. 

Edited by dylanjosh

Has anyone done all 4 endings?

I have completed game once. 

Kinda disappointed. It ended midway in story. Also not a sprawling world like I was expecting from an RPG.

I would like to finish it 4 times to see story conclude. But 2nd playthrough is a lot of retreading.

8 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

Has anyone done all 4 endings?

I have completed game once. 

Kinda disappointed. It ended midway in story. Also not a sprawling world like I was expecting from an RPG.

I would like to finish it 4 times to see story conclude. But 2nd playthrough is a lot of retreading.

I feel the exact same way. I finished the game on Friday (A ending) and hate the fact that I have to replay the entire game multiple times. That too with fast travel being locked in the second run as well till midway through the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

I feel the exact same way. I finished the game on Friday (A ending) and hate the fact that I have to replay the entire game multiple times. That too with fast travel being locked in the second run as well till midway through the game.

You know the multiple endings consists different characters with different path of the story and combat system. World might be same but to understand the game completely one has to get through atleast ending C. 

5 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

You know the multiple endings consists different characters with different path of the story and combat system. World might be same but to understand the game completely one has to get through atleast ending C. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Just stick with it and I promise you, you'll get one of the most beautiful stories ever. 

Also, Route B gives you a lot more perspective since 9s is a lot more compassionate and understands the machines. 

Route C is a completely different hero

Route d and e are like 2-3 hours tops. 

I am not against replaying the game. There should have been some quality of life improvement unlocking fast travel from scratch. On PC, there may be a mod that does this, but I started the game on XSX and hate that I cannot enjoy the full story sinking in a few dozen hours more. I am all for playing the entire missions, but would like to skip on travel between the zones. Mainly because I don’t have a lot of free time to replay from scratch

Edited by l33tmaniac

53 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

You haven’t 

Ending A isn’t the completion of the game, you’ve basically reached the midpoint of the game only

Yeah I know. 

That is issue cause with 9S (aka second playthrough), it's asking to do same missions. 

They also took away an attack button and gave a weird hacking minigame. :cry:

Much preferred 2B playstyle.

1 minute ago, Heaven Angel said:

The combat is so good in this game. Why would anyone don't like it? Platinum games games are bought for combat mainly. 

Even Platinum can't do much if they are given just 1 button for attack.

But I will try what Comingle said above.

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

They also took away an attack button and gave a weird hacking minigame. :cry:

Much preferred 2B playstyle.

9S is an absolute monster at destroying machines with his hacking abilities. You can easily take on high level enemies and beat them with 9S while you would be slaughtered with 2B if you tried to take on the same enemies 

Breaks my heart to see people complain about "9s hacking" , "multiple playthrough" , "bad open world".

Just finish the game guys, all of "tedious" things are planned and well thought out. You will be rewarded, i promise you, just finish the game !

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The jap anniversary streams are normally useless in my experience. Just don't have any expectations. 

This isn't their first time they are doing these streams. It's also has been 5 long years since Automata success. 

Have limited expectations. 

• 5 months later...

I am definitely a part of the minority here but I can't seem to like this game.

I had always noticed it among the recommendations for the best PS4 titles, and was pretty excited about starting this one.

But it has been terrible for me so far. The gameplay and bosses just feel like button smashing and the story doesn't feel that great either. I've just finished defeating that giant machine in the sea and 9S has now disappeared.

Does it get better?

Edited by iamX

23 minutes ago, iamX said:

I am definitely a part of the minority here but I can't seem to like this game.

I had always noticed it among the recommendations for the best PS4 titles, and was very pretty excited about starting this one.

But it has been terrible for me so far. The gameplay and bosses just feel like button smashing and the story doesn't feel that great either. I've just finished defeating that giant machine in the sea and 9S has now disappeared.

Does it get better?

One playthrough is good. But if you didn't liked it by now, it doesn't get any better. 

I also found it to be ok game. 

• Sad 1