E - BAY PlayStation 4 Deal

kmkaks

Done. Ordered the Potatostation. Got a message from the seller almost instantly stating that it will be shipped tomorrow. F*cking A.

The no warranty thing is a bummer, but the deal is pretty much equivalent to what the current standard US price is retailing at, so just pray that nothing messes up. :)

Congrats bro :D And don't worry, PS4 is a pretty solid console :)

I hope the seller is at least providing you like 1 month seller warranty or something so that at least you can STRESS TEST the console by gaming on it a lot :)

Even then, Ebay India is always customer centric rather than seller centric, so you're safe :)

Congrats bro :D And don't worry, PS4 is a pretty solid console :)

I hope the seller is at least providing you like 1 month seller warranty or something so that at least you can STRESS TEST the console by gaming on it a lot :)

Even then, Ebay India is always customer centric rather than seller centric, so you're safe :)

Thanks man! Congrats to you as well for your spanking new master race rig. :D

I'm very confident with Sony products (mostly), so decided to risk it with this one.

The seller is providing 6 month repair warranty. I wouldn't count on anything which has "seller warranty", as anything outside the official warranty is practically no warranty at all. As long as the console doesn't DOA, I think I should be fine. Besides, we can't predict the lifetime for any electronic products these days. Got my PS3 with 2 year extended Croma warranty and till date it's working perfectly. :P

As for Ebay, I love shopping there. I absolutely agree with it being buyer centric as I've always got my refund/replacements without any fuss. Besides, this seller was really proactive with everything. He sent me all the pics of the box, it's model number and the company seal. Hope BlueDart doesn't charge octroi now; it's arriving from Nagpur.

Thanks man! Congrats to you as well for your spanking new master race rig. :D

I'm very confident with Sony products (mostly), so decided to risk it with this one.

The seller is providing 6 month repair warranty. I wouldn't count on anything which has "seller warranty", as anything outside the official warranty is practically no warranty at all. As long as the console doesn't DOA, I think I should be fine. Besides, we can't predict the lifetime for any electronic products these days. Got my PS3 with 2 year extended Croma warranty and till date it's working perfectly. :P

As for Ebay, I love shopping there. I absolutely agree with it being buyer centric as I've always got my refund/replacements without any fuss. Besides, this seller was really proactive with everything. He sent me all the pics of the box, it's model number and the company seal. Hope BlueDart doesn't charge octroi now; it's arriving from Nagpur.

Thanx. Still waiting for the motherboard to arrive so I can assemble it :P

Where do you reside? Octroi has been removed, at least here in Maharashtra. LBT (Local Body Tax) replaced Octroi but even that has been removed. Also LBT was only applicable to merchants and sellers with LBT license or something and not to customers like us.

If you reside in Maharashtra, you don't need to worry about Octroi AT ALL :)

Wayhay, thanks! Yes, I'm from Bombay.

PS: Did you sell of your JTAG/RGH 360? I remember you were into console gaming back then and suddenly went AWOL. :P

Yeah, I sold it. Actually sold all my consoles, the PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, gave away my DSL. Reason for doing all that was I got married :P so responsibilities increased TWOFOLD and gaming time got reduced to ONE FIFTH :P

Now that I've settled into it, I figured PC gaming was the way to go. I am AMAZED how cheap PC games can be and since they're so cheap, there is no need to pirate. Hell, I bought Bioshock Infinite 2 days back for 100 bucks. Now THAT'S f**king DIRT CHEAP :D I know I'll only be able to play on my weekly offs, but I really wanted to have at least ONE source of gaming in my life :) Well, TWO sources :P I also have an N3DS XL for gaming while I commute but it's nowhere near Console/PC gaming :)

I am also looking to buy an PS4 and I do already have a good gaming rig. I am thinking of going for an imported (non local warranty) PS4 to save money. Any suggestion or source to purchase them in Mumbai?

Well, you can buy it online from where Ethan_Hunt bought it or since you're in Mumbai, you can check out Ninja Traders and Sony TV Games at Musafir Khana nearby CST station. Over there, you can personally check the console before purchase :)

Yeah, I sold it. Actually sold all my consoles, the PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, gave away my DSL. Reason for doing all that was I got married :P so responsibilities increased TWOFOLD and gaming time got reduced to ONE FIFTH :P

Now that I've settled into it, I figured PC gaming was the way to go. I am AMAZED how cheap PC games can be and since they're so cheap, there is no need to pirate. Hell, I bought Bioshock Infinite 2 days back for 100 bucks. Now THAT'S f**king DIRT CHEAP :D I know I'll only be able to play on my weekly offs, but I really wanted to have at least ONE source of gaming in my life :) Well, TWO sources :P I also have an N3DS XL for gaming while I commute but it's nowhere near Console/PC gaming :)

Well, you can buy it online from where Ethan_Hunt bought it or since you're in Mumbai, you can check out Ninja Traders and Sony TV Games at Musafir Khana nearby CST station. Over there, you can personally check the console before purchase :)

What price do you expect me to pay for an imported PS4 there? Any ideas on that? What things should I check?

Archived