ELEX I & II

WhiteWolf

Man this game does such a great job at making you think before you do anything. It's very hard to pick sides because almost every faction is in the gray, except maybe the Outlaws - they seem like proper assholes. That said, I'm probably going with the Cleric faction because they have the coolest looking gear and seem to be the most level-headed (for a group of religious zealots anyway) of them all. I'm already regretting some of my past quest choices though. I absolutely love it when RPGs make me feel like that.

Also combat is getting much easier now that I've pumped up some stats and am able to use a badass sword that I found in the first two hours of the game. Every single gear upgrade feels significant unlike the steady drip-feed of loot that most other games have. Here when you get a new weapon or armor, the effectiveness is immediately noticeable. There's also a way to craft potions that give you additional XP, attribute and skill points which has come in handy.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Man this game does such a great job at making you think before you do anything. It's very hard to pick sides because almost every faction is in the gray, except maybe the Outlaws - they seem like proper assholes. That said, I'm probably going with the Cleric faction because they have the coolest looking gear and seem to be the most level-headed (for a group of religious zealots anyway) of them all. I'm already regretting some of my past quest choices though. I absolutely love it when RPGs make me feel like that.

Also combat is getting much easier now that I've pumped up some stats and am able to use a badass sword that I found in the first two hours of the game. Every single gear upgrade feels significant unlike the steady drip-feed of loot that most other games have. Here when you get a new weapon or armor, the effectiveness is immediately noticeable. There's also a way to craft potions that give you additional XP, attribute and skill points which has come in handy.

Dammit! You are doing an excellent job of tempting me into playing this. I loved Risen and how powerless it made me feel sometimes and how it made me think before I do something not matter how menial. I wish I had more time.

14 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

I don't know. The last Risen game was mediocre at best. 

This is a return to form for PB after the mediocre Risen 2/3. This is much closer to Gothic 1/2 and Risen 1. It's also their most expansive game till date. Read my impressions on the last page - you can see it's clearly better than their last couple of games.

Played some more last night and stumbled upon an entirely new town which I somehow didn't find earlier in over 30 hours of play! It also gave me a completely new direction to take instead of siding with one of the factions. I'm also leveling like crazy thanks to the potion-making and somehow combat has become a breeze. It's classic PB difficulty curve though - start out really weak and become crazy OP by the end.

Edited by Tyler
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...