Protect PS4 from power cuts and surge.

kmkaks

2 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

Don't you find it difficult to sit/lay on bed and play? For how long you can play games like that? I prefer sitting on couch/beanbag but that's because I play on TV. 

Yea thats the right choice IMO. I play for hardly an hour or 2 at the max, sitting with back against the wall and lots of pillows in between...so it dsnt get uncomfortable for this short duration.

@Kazekage Gaara @kmkaks

Got the inverter delivered. Done with setup. It's working really fine. Now PS4 Pro+TV 55"+Soundbar (with woofer) is not getting turned off on its own even during power cuts.  Now  I can play games without any worry. :hi2:

Thanks for the recommendation guys. Appreciated. :cheers:

Edited by GameAnalyzer
  • Like 3

On 7/21/2020 at 3:53 PM, GameAnalyzer said:

@Kazekage Gaara I got the inverter. It has two mode it seems. On which one you have set it up for best performance? Eco or UPS? And will it be able to handle PS4 Pro on both mode?

Sorry for the late reply.  UPS, always.  It'll work as a proper UPS on that mode, uninterrupted.

On 7/21/2020 at 5:56 PM, GameAnalyzer said:

@Kazekage Gaara @kmkaks

Got the inverter delivered. Done with setup. It's working really fine. Now PS4 Pro+TV 55"+Soundbar (with woofer) is not getting turned off on its own even during power cuts.  Now  I can play games without any worry. :hi2:

Thanks for the recommendation guys. Appreciated. :cheers:

That's excellent!  Congrats!  It's such a huge peace of mind knowing your PS4 Pro won't get screwed during power cuts.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kazekage Gaara said:

Sorry for the late reply.  UPS, always.  It'll work as a proper UPS on that mode, uninterrupted.

That's excellent!  Congrats!  It's such a huge peace of mind knowing your PS4 Pro won't get screwed during power cuts.

oh. Right now it’s on eco mode. Tomorrow I’ll change it to UPS Mode. 

and yeah it’s such a relief to know Ps4 pro won’t be screwed anymore from power cuts. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@GameAnalyzer @Kazekage Gaara @kmkaksMy ps4 slim not working on my home inverter (model - APC 800va ). Is it because its not a sine wave inverter (ceiling fan connected through inverter makes a buzz noise.). So if that is the case i am planning to buy the "luminous zelio plus 1100" u guys mentioned earlier. Will this solve my issue. Battery i am using on my current inverter is a 150ah. Please help. thanks :)

29 minutes ago, K0llakkaran said:

@GameAnalyzer @Kazekage Gaara @kmkaksMy ps4 slim not working on my home inverter (model - APC 800va ). Is it because its not a sine wave inverter (ceiling fan connected through inverter makes a buzz noise.). So if that is the case i am planning to buy the "luminous zelio plus 1100" u guys mentioned earlier. Will this solve my issue. Battery i am using on my current inverter is a 150ah. Please help. thanks :)

Yes for PS4 you need pure sin wave inverter. Buy the above inverter which is mentioned and suggested by the guys. It will solve your problem. And your battery is fine. Just buy the Pure Sine wave inverter. :) 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, K0llakkaran said:

@GameAnalyzer are you using this inverter just for the ps4, monitor, wifi, etc or .........all your home appliances are connected throught it- like fan, bulbs...i just want to know whether the inverter gets overloaded while using ps4 and other appliances together. Thanks :)

I use that inverter for everything which is there on ground floor. When the power goes off. PS4 Pro + TV + Soundbar plus 2 fans and few lights are always on. The inverter shows it can held up-to 5-6 hours without any hassle.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, K0llakkaran said:

@GameAnalyzerinverter is set up and running good. no more fear of power cuts :D. thanks for support

Enjoy man. Credits to the guys above who suggested this. This is such a big relief knowing your PS4 is protected now. No need to worry about power cut. 

• 1 year later...

This thread is amazing, i got a ps4 recently and had a puzzling problem, aka whenever the power goes off the ps4 would turn off , despite having a inverter . Meanwhile TV, 2 ps3s , fans have got no issues and keep running. I went through this thread and found two things.

1) Pure sinewave inverter needed

2) Needs to be in UPS mode than ECO

So i have this inverter which is pure sine wave one, but it was running in ECO mode now switched it to UPS mode will see if there is any difference

https://www.flipkart.com/luminous-eco-volt-neo-1050-pure-sine-wave-inverter/p/itmb89643331fe7c#:~:text=Good inverter by Luminous Eco,sound and change the mode.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/5/2022 at 12:35 PM, lod757 said:

Update: This thread should be made sticky lol , enabling the ups mode from ECO in my inverter fixed my ps4 power off issue, probably saved me 5k from buying another ups for this.

Re-updating , ever since we got a  55 inch samsung 4k tv , the ps4 seems to turn off specially while running a game with its fans blowing when there is a power cut, however the tv stays on due to the inverter , keeping it in ups mode seems to be a hit or miss for the ps4.... sometimes it will survive a powercut sometimes it will power off.

Decided to bite the bullet and get a 600 va ups just for the ps4 so that it can stay powered on sudden powercuts.

Also the luminous person who visited for the battery maintenance suggested not to use the ups mode on the inverter for long durations it dries up the battery acid levels more quickly and tends to heat up the inverter a lot more.