• 4 weeks later...

Finished the entire game and uninstalled it...damn 57 GB free hua..

Anyways....game is really nice ...specially all 3 dlcs were pretty good . Worth it if one can get it for cheap ...

It was overall a game with great story and characters....poor production values....great music ...thats how i would sum up the entire game.

Hope to see Mafia 4 but they really need to work on it in lot of areas .

On 8/18/2017 at 1:59 PM, playstation said:

1st one- Faster Baby was really good on action and pacing....rest are also good....

That's good to know. I enjoyed 'Faster Baby' as well. Is the mission structure same for the remaining DLCs too? 

Just now, Ethan_Hunt said:

That's good to know. I enjoyed 'Faster Baby' as well. Is the mission structure same for the remaining DLCs too? 

No...I am not sure what exactly you mean by mission structure here but if you mean in pacing and action .......they are also good though. You will enjoy them as well. 

All 3 dlcs were pretty good but 1st one was better because i felt it was longer and more action and introduced new styles of car chasing fighting and all.  

Just now, playstation said:

No...I am not sure what exactly you mean by mission structure here but if you mean in pacing and action .......they are also good though. You will enjoy them as well. 

All 3 dlcs were pretty good but 1st one was better because i felt it was longer and more action and introduced new styles of car chasing fighting and all.  

I mean, it's simple visit to the mission pointer, get the mission and lead it to the end right?

None of that under-boss impressing bullshit from the main campaign? 

Just now, Ethan_Hunt said:

I mean, it's simple visit to the mission pointer, get the mission and lead it to the end right?

None of that under-boss impressing bullshit from the main campaign? 

1) Yes...go to the mission pointer and mission starts ...

2) No such thing as underboss and all in other 2 dlcs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Stones Unturned DLC done. Very action packed and explosive DLC.

Spoiler

The whole turret section in the jungle made me feel like John Rambo. For the rest of the DLC, It's good that I went in with my Stromer .223 & the silenced Deacon fully upgraded. The wave after wave of enemies at the end really took a toll. 

Now onto the final DLC. I'm really excited for it. 

Done with all the DLCs and pretty much every mission in the game. The only upgrade left is the final one to hit MAX on the Herbalism, which I'm just 10K short of reaching. Got the final batch of weed planted, so that should be done shortly. Managed to complete all of Sammy's bar renovation too. 

My thoughts on the last DLC is sort of mixed. It had a lot of potential, but fell short with an under-developed storyline somehow. But I'd be damned if I didn't appreciate the cutscenes in this DLC, especially the ones between Anna & Lincon were bloody awesome; they were amazing and very natural. I'm not saying the DLC was bad, but it could have been a lot better. Heck, they could have made it even more expansive and explore more into this bizarre cult. 

That being said, I'd definitely recommend the game with the season pass as a whole bundle for anyone who is still on the fence with this game. The DLCs are absolutely worth it and the retail copy was going for 2K on Amazon India for the Deluxe edition, so that was a pretty good deal IMO. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just finished the game on PS4 along with all the DLCs. Got the deluxe edition for 1.5k (ebay). First few hours felt kinda boring but then really starting enjoying it. Wish they had polished some gameplay aspects a bit more, as otherwise the game is f**king awesome tbh. Loved the setting and narration, also it was nice to see Vito again. MAFIA 2 was one of my fav games last gen. :wub: 

Played from start to finish on PS4 1.09 patch. Did not encounter any bugs at all. 

• 3 weeks later...

Big Layoffs Hit Mafia III Developer Hangar 13

Mafia III developer Hangar 13 laid off a significant number of staff today, in yet another example of the video game industry’s brutal churn.

Publisher 2K confirmed the move when reached by Kotaku this afternoon. “2K can confirm that there have been staff reductions at Hangar 13 in order to ensure that the studio’s resources are properly aligned with its long-term development plans,” a company spokesperson said in an e-mail. “These reductions will not influence 2K’s ability to create and deliver its products that are currently in development. We never take these matters lightly, and are working with the affected employees to support them and explore potential opportunities throughout our organization.”

The publisher would not specify how many people had been laid off, although we’ve heard it was a large proportion of Hangar 13's staff.

The studio, based in Novato, California, has spent the past year prototyping as it tried to figure out its next project, according to one person familiar with the company. One potential idea, which the person said Hangar 13 recently discarded, involved a third-person action game with a “fight to music” system where your moves would create songs, not unlike the canceled Harmonix game Chroma.

Source: https://kotaku.com/big-layoffs-hit-mafia-iii-developer-hangar-13-1823047167

:(

• 2 years later...

Has anyone played this game on PC with a PS4 controller via DS4?

The game doesn't correctly recognize the PS4 controller and I can't see any button prompts for it either on the Controller Preset option page:

mafia3-2020-05-19-22-37-19-691.jpg

^^ Empty button prompts. Some corresponding buttons work on my PS4 controller but others just don't, like using shots when your injured (tried every button on the controller and quite a few combinations but didn't do the job). I tried activating "Hide DS4 Controller" in the DS4 settings section but no dice.

Mouse and KB on this game feels wobbly to me in the game.

12 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Has anyone played this game on PC with a PS4 controller via DS4?

The game doesn't correctly recognize the PS4 controller and I can't see any button prompts for it either on the Controller Preset option page:

mafia3-2020-05-19-22-37-19-691.jpg

^^ Empty button prompts. Some corresponding buttons work on my PS4 controller but others just don't, like using shots when your injured (tried every button on the controller and quite a few combinations but didn't do the job). I tried activating "Hide DS4 Controller" in the DS4 settings section but no dice.

Mouse and KB on this game feels wobbly to me in the game.

Have you tried ds4windows?