• 1 month later...

Salo iss thread ko itna peeche bhej diya...found it on 4th page...:P..

Waisa almost done with this game.....only 1 mission left that too like just to wrap up the story i think all major main mission completed.

Anyways till there has been several moments in this game which are f**king A.......absolutely brilliant moments not much but what there is man just superb.

Will write a review soon....please wait for honest and best review ever.

Done with the game....will be writing the review soon ....Overall would say game does meet expectation somewhere and someplace just did not even bothered too...

This game is not getting good discount. Looks like sales are good

I hope we get Mafia 4 but tbh dont see it happening soon for lot of people Mafia 3 did not meet the expectation.

Sales are good, so expect sequels in few years. Publishers don't care about reviews if sales are good. It's selling better than expected. Better than many top rated multiplatform games like TF2, Dishonored 2 and Watch Dogs 2

Edited by WhiteWolf

Yes...i saw it sold 4.5 million....WOW! yaar...thats good.

Hope to see Mafia 4 in next 2 years....they should take their time though .

Btw finished the game 100 % Playboy magazine and 100% vargas.....they are better than trophies also when collecting......all games should have them instead of trophies ...:P

On a serious note...game is very good but lot of flaws too....will post a honest review soon.

Started playing the game again as I left it mid-way last year. Completed the game today.

Pros:-
1)Cinematic/cut-scene and lip syncing are the best out there it seems like sometime two studios made the game because of level of quality in the cutscene.
2)Characters -- Every character in the game is interesting and have lot of depth.
3)New Bordeaux -- Amazing city but so many hidden walls are in the city sometimes ruins the driving sequence.
4)Some story missions are quite memorable.

Cons:-
1) Repetitive gameplay hampers the overall flow of the story.
2) Poor graphics.
3) Technical issues like AI sometime bugs out or performance issue while driving.

Overall 7/10

Some shots (MAX settings)

mafia3_2017_01_13_19_54_30_84.png

mafia3_2017_01_11_10_07_35_78.png

mafia3_2017_01_12_18_29_44_40.png

mafia3_2017_01_13_08_57_52_06.png

mafia3_2017_01_13_13_40_08_01.png

mafia3_2017_01_13_13_53_16_25.png

Edited by joken732a

• 2 months later...

Well it has some of the best combat and driving mechanics in an open world game. It's biggest flaw is forcing players to take over every district doing more or less the same things in order to progress in the story. Normally these things are optional in other games. Here it isn't and that would certainly bug a lot of players. I loved the gameplay so I managed to push through it, plus the story, setting and the amazing soundtrack kept me going. It would have been a truly special game if they condensed the experience to 20 hours instead of padding it to 40 hours.

If the DLCs are more focused on story and less on repetitive activities then I'll definitely bite.

The combat in this game is the closest you'd ever get to a having a John Wick game.

Edited by Tyler

You didn't like the driving? Did you play on the simulation setting? To me Mafia III has one of the best driving models in an open world game, especially on the sim setting. The cars feel heavy and it takes some skill to drive rather than the slippy/slidey controls in most open world games with cars. Considering that the bulk of the cars in the game are muscle cars they handle appropriately (powerful but not always easy to control). Obviously, it takes some time getting used to.

You didn't like the driving? Did you play on the simulation setting? To me Mafia III has one of the best driving models in an open world game, especially on the sim setting. The cars feel heavy and it takes some skill to drive rather than the slippy/slidey controls in most open world games with cars. Considering that the bulk of the cars in the game are muscle cars they handle appropriately (powerful but not always easy to control). Obviously, it takes some time getting used to.

No, I liked it. I just do not have the experience to make any criticism in regards to driving cars in video games (or in real life for that matter).

Finished the DLC. It was quite short, but dam fun. I hadn't touched it since I had completed the main storyline, so had to try out the new outfits, races & pimp my ride. Roxy was a nice addition and she should have had a bigger role. Unfortunately, it felt like they only had a limited content to cover in this DLC and not explore it in depth. Can't wait for the next 2 DLC's, especially Donovan's.