Divinity: Original Sin 2

Engineer

Rolled new characters again.  

The origin characters have their own story tailored and didn't feel like missing those as I might not be able to cover all(?).

The good thing is you can customize origin characters, so it helped to stick to my old build while using origin characters. EbyARAE.png

The game's depth is insane. L4iKOhS.png A number of combos you can pull and discover is crazy fun.  

Running Undead party summoning incarnates and totems with an extra point in Geomancy for poison healing and one in Aero. Almost 20 hours and still in ACT I finding things. EbyARAE.png

It's a complex game, there's so much to do. My character build itself took almost 20 min. The combat system might take sometime to learn. I'm at the beginning of the game so can't comment on story yet. let's see how it goes.

Well optimized, good graphics and music is just great. 

Started with the PS4 controller then switched to mouse/keyboard and the layout has huge variations, should be played with m/k. 

Inventory is not perfect but goes well with the game. You do have sort options along with separate character bags and subcategories to make it less chore. 

For example, I placed all common items under a character who is good with bartering. Rare & epic items on another character. Unique items on another. 

All crafting items will show up regardless on whose inventory it is but to make it better, you can put everything on a single character to manage it easily.

I don't remember but we now have crafting recipes. So you don't have to search for items every time, rather just select craft option. 

Given the game has modding tools, we will see better modifications soon. 

First major patch released

Hi everybody!

After a few hotfixes, we’re happy to announce the first patch for Divinity: Original Sin 2. The focus of this patch has been fixing the issues we’ve seen pop up. Existing savegames will work with this patch.

There will be a further update later today featuring improved German, French, and Russian translations, as well as a series of improvements for the game’s different endings. 

Thank you for sending us so much feedback! 

The Larian Team

Reviews out.

YKzQ2Ag.png

• Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be remembered as one of the greats.
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 is simply amazing from top to bottom. Whether you appreciate great characters, an amazing story or challenging yet fun combat, Larian Studios' latest is everything you could ever want out of a CRPG and more.
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a sprawling, inventive adventure and one of the best RPGs ever made.
  • Divinity Original Sin 2 is undoubtedly one of the best RPGs we've seen since a long time. Deep, rich, various and gorgeous are the right words to describe this game. Larian has made a true masterpiece.
  • A lot of different things can happen in Divinity: Original Sin 2; it's an RPG that is overwhelmingly about planning ahead yet still being completely taken by surprise.
  • This is a great game for RPG fans to get their teeth into: over 20 hours in, you'll notice the story only just starts gaining traction, and you may only just start getting familiar with the game's myriad systems. The game is unforgiving, often mercilessly so, but if you have the patience to penetrate the density and crack open the core gameplay, there's such a wealth of well-written RPG content, it's impossible not to recommend.
  • From its origin stories to its brief emergent narratives, few games let you take part in better tales than this one.
  • Divinity: Original Sin II pulled off the impressive task of taking the kitchen sink approach to game design by cramming as much into it as possible yet somehow making it all work, making it a fantastic title for solo or multiplayer gaming.
  • Thanks to crowd funding and a developer with a love for classic gaming, the RPG of the year just arrived.
  • A majestic offering that stands tall among the greatest PC RPGs of all time

~40 hours in and absolutely loving every second of it. What a game. :majesty: :majesty: :majesty:

More reviews flowing in.

OpenCritic - 93

Metacritic - 94

• A CRPG of unparalleled breadth and dynamism, Original Sin 2 is Larian's masterpiece.
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a polished, well-designed RPG, and through its phenomenal mechanics, astounding art, sound design and fantastic writing, it is sure to revolutionize the modern RPG genre.
  • All I can say in conclusion that you go and buy this game. You will not regret it. There are a few issues here and there which are completely overshadowed by all the great parts. If you are more real-time action-oriented, the fact that Original Sin 2 is an isometric RPG with turn-based combat might repel you but on the other hand, it could, like it did with me, make you love it every step of the way.
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 is one of the greatest PC RPGs of all time, and Larian’s continued dedication to creating incredible freeform adventures inspired by tabletop lineage is inspiring and commendable. A few bugs and frustrating encounters are small prices to pay for a lavish ensemble of the genre’s best and a one-of-a-kind experience.
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 takes what the last game did, and juices it up to levels beyond what the doctor recommends. By maximizing its strengths, and finding new ways to improve on weaknesses, it knocks down barriers and locked doors alike in a power move to rush towards one of my favorite games of the year. Though it does have its flaws in the form of small technical glitches, and one really annoying one where sometimes my characters would stop moving as a party unless I manually did it myself, this is an imperfect gem that manages even in imperfection to put some of my favorite RPGs to shame. Well done Larian Studios, well done!
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 may have been designed in the spirit of decades-old RPGs like Baldur’s Gate 2, but that legacy serves only as a foundation for the expansive game Larian has built on top of it. Few other RPGs allow such a wide range of flexibility while also supporting rewarding combat and a powerful story, all in a world that feels alive in the ways it reacts to you and goes about its business without you. It's a rare RPG that I’ll want to play through again and again, driven by the feeling that so many fascinating and surprising paths remain undiscovered, some of which might lead to different outcomes for the NPCs I’ve grown to care about – even the rats. When that happens, you're experiencing something worth remembering, and Divinity: Original Sin 2 will be remembered as one of the greats.
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 takes the already high bar set by its predecessor and somehow dead lifts it to even greater heights. Larian has proven that it knows exactly how to make THE GAME that everyone wants, because they are the GAMER everyone else is. Divinity: Original Sin 2 doesn't do anything complicated or confusing, it simply delivers what players want in a game: challenge, creativity, freedom and of course the ability to share all that with your BFFs. As it stands now Divinity: Original Sin 2 is the front runner for RPG of the Year. For 44.99$ this game is vastly under priced and is perhaps one of the few games out there that actually justifies a 59.99$ price tag.
  • Divinity: Original Sin II is the best sequel can you imagine. It offers a lot more than the previous chapter, in every sense. It probably is one of the best CRPG ever made.
  • I've been trying to think of things I legitimately don't like about the game and can only come up with minor quibbles, like the fact that some of the standard key bindings don't quite make sense to me. Why does the G button bring up the crafting screen instead of the C button? Why does tab switch to combat instead of highlighting the stuff on the ground? Other than that, and my distaste for comic relief, there's really nothing about Divinity: Original Sin 2 that doesn't scream "RPG of the year!" It's got everything an RPG fanatic could want: crafting, 10 types of skill categories to choose from, different build foci, robust combat, interesting characters and quests, and plenty more. Basically, if you love anything cRPG related from the Infinity Engine forward, you need to buy this game.
  • Divinity Original Sin 2 is undoubtedly one of the best RPGs we've seen since a long time. Deep, rich, various and gorgeous are the right words to describe this game. Larian has made a true masterpiece.
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2 stands as a remarkable example of three genres: the classic roleplaying game, the online arena battler, and the tabletop-style adventure enabler. If its campaign fails to shake off some of Larian’s unfriendlier habits, those flaws are mitigated by the ways in which the studio have shaped a genre moulded by nostalgia into genuinely new forms - changing more than just the keyboard shortcuts for the better.
  • Larian Studios have taken on board the critiques from its previous title and delivered one of the most visceral, engaging, and enjoyable RPGs ever made. If you’re a fan of RPGs or looking for a world to immerse yourself in, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is unmissable.
  • With an absolutely gorgeous setting, deeply rich and complex character development, intelligent and tactical combat that is still user-friendly, and literally hundreds of ways to play through the game, Divinity: Original Sin 2 is an absolute must-have for fans of fantasy RPGs. While there is much to see and do, this is a game about being methodical, taking it slow and exploring every possibility before moving forward. Anyone looking to get lost in a fantasy world of new and exciting mythos will find themselves quite happy here.

iXILGZR.png 

If you enjoyed Original Sin, this is a no-brainer. Instant buy. 

And if you have never played Original Sin but interested in the genre, this is a fantastic buy. 

Divinity: Original Sin 2 becomes one of only 14 games to receive a perfect score from Gamespot

Score: 10/10

THE GOOD

•  Spectacular scope and depth that could easily keep you playing for over 100 hours
  •  Detailed plot set in a world that seems completely lived in and authentic
  •  Expansive tactical combat with seemingly unlimited options based on spells, skills, gear, and ever-changing battlefield terrain
  •  Deep character creation and customization options due to extensive ability and skill options
  •  Beautiful visuals along with an evocative musical score and impressive voiced dialogue

THE BAD

•  Confusing journal makes it hard to keep track of individual quests and the plot

11 minutes ago, Engineer said:

Bought this game and playing now. Someone send me a written 100% walk through guide 

Do yourself a favor and read only tips. Explore this game on your own, it'll be much more fun. 

If anybody wants to play co-op with another character then ping me on Steam. 

Archived