Resident Evil 2 - REMAKE

Publisher : Capcom

Developer : Capcom R&D Division 1

Producer : Yoshiaki Hirabayashi

Platforms : PS4, Xbox One, PC (PS360?)

Genre : Survival Horror

Release : 2017 (tentative)

Capcom just officially announced through facebook and to other media outlets about much yearned and anticipated cult classic, the Resident Evil 2 REmake. It's being produced by longtime Capcom veteran Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, who worked on the original Resident Evil trilogy on the programming side and helped with the production of the original REmake. He be at the helm with Capcom's famed R&D Division 1 developing it. Going by their business model of Resident Evil releases, this most probably will be a summer 2017 release (BioZeroHD being 2016) though nothing is announced officially till now. The target platforms as of now are the PS4, Xbox One and the PC.

Edited by IshmaelIsBack
  • Like 1

Is it a proper remake(with new engine and all) or remaster( with that hd and 60 fps and all)??

They are saying remake so probably its going to be a remake..I was expecting RE 4 remake or maybe Code Veronica

They are saying remake so probably its going to be a remake..I was expecting RE 4 remake or maybe Code Veronica

Coder veronica was pretty good too. Dont want RE4 remake...remaster is enough.

:punk: :punk:

RE2 >> RE4

+1. I Prefer old re games remake...

Should be proper remake with UE4 and all that jazz.

WOW! UE4 :O

Should be proper remake with UE4 and all that jazz.

Panta Rhei is the true evolution of the final revision of MT Framework 2.0. Kinda like what FOX is to the proprietary middleware which GOTP ran on. Late last year AMD confirmed that mantle is being integrated into Panta Rhei. Also, the staff of R&D Division 1 are based out of Osaka and Tokyo mostly. This might just be their first full fledged Panta Rhei retail release (considering Deep Down is F2P and DMC5's release is a bit later). SF V uses UE4 because of the ease in workflow and some of their staff are form the west (Capcom staff, not Dimps). Would be disappointed if it's UE4 again.

I want Nemesis Remake after this..DO IT CAPCOM :punk:

This is mostly a given at this point. Both Nemesis and CVX remakes. If not even, the Outbreak Files too. Their business model with the IP revolves around 1 numbered mainstream shooter (7) / 1 remake / 1 episodic digital download like Revelations, alternating between years.

he is actually right...

Yes according to him. For me re4 will be the best unless one completely overhauls re 2 tank controls. Plus I like the perv leon more in re4 due to his cool hairstyle

Sent from my HM 1S using Tapatalk

Edited by Testiclops
  • Like 1

Re4 is too young for a remake already

They should do a RE2 & then later RE4

Re4 was without a doubt the best game in the series

Bhat!..kuch bhi bas....Yea it was a great game on its own but please don't call it the best game in the series...Go play Re series from 1,2,3 and even code veronica and know what Re series was and kya kar diya...

It is the best game in the series, but not necessarily the best RE game, not even close. Sounds weird but this is the best way I can put it in.

Yup, I prefer playing RE4 to the rest. It's just so much fun than the rest.

• Like 1