PS4 scam

Hi Guys,

Recently i saw many ads popping up on olx and quikr whete ppl r offering xbox1, ps4 for 18k. I called few numbers and found this information- everyone of them sounded like afrikan national, they said deposit 5k and it will be delivered home. I had doubts so talked in detail with one person, he said these consoles are brought from dubai and he is manager at alshop.com. i checked that alshop is famous online shopping site in dubai. The guy even sent me mail with all details but the domain was @outlook instead of @alshop.com,i immediately forwarded mail to alshop and they confirmed they dont have any office in india and this is fake. Has anyone here experienced same? I think it is big scam and ppl shuld be made aware of it.

^^Yep. If it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is.

I called few numbers and found this information- everyone of them sounded like afrikan national, they said deposit 5k and it will be delivered home.

You shouldnt even have bothered checking anything after this. Its a straight up scam.

Only buy from OLX/QUIKR if the seller is willing to come to your place and let you set up and test the console or invite you to his place to test it. For 20-30k they should be willing to do that at least.

If a deal sounds too good to be true, most of the times it isn't...
Never make such account deposits before actually getting your hands on the product... A hand to hand deal is the safest approach... Ask the seller for his store address and personally go and visit the store...

Thinking logically, a PS4 costs around 400$, which is around 24-25k indian ruppees. So there is no way anyone would sell it for 18k, unless its a defective/stolen/counterfeit item...

i ordered a ps4 on 16th sep 2014 i guess from frys.i paid them 18500.

9250 at first and was told that i would have to pay the rest after the delivery but they coled me the next morning and told me that i have to pay 10200 including the registration fee and then they charged me 16400 as custom charges and said that they would compensate me with another ps4 so i paid and then they charged 18500 as taxes and said it would be the last transaction and that they would give me an iphone 5s as compensation and then charged 10000 and then demanded 6300 which i didnt pay and i lost touch with them today

This guy thought he was purchasing the ps4 from frys electronics but was scammed by those Africans on OLX

Go to sellers place. Check. Then withdraw money from ATM and then Pay. Always better if you take a friend along.

I got a 2 month old PS3 500GB with GTA V and The Last of Us with Sony Retail bill and warranty for 9.5 K off olx early last year!! The seller was going to Dubai the next day so it was urgent. You can normally make out the genuineness in one call.

I even got my PS4 off olx for 28k. It was just 6 days old with sony retail bill, bloodborne edition box and warranty with bloodborne, CoD ghosts and driveclub!! I had to drive about 200 kms from my place to pollachi but still Lucky me I guess!!! Reasonably great deals can be found. You just have to wait for the right moment. Also those ebay sellers from TN are genuine. I got a PS4 from ebay and sold it to my friend.

@Ocean gamer: Forward the details to your divisional GAC officer, he would look into the details and take up the issue.

"i ordered a ps4 on 16th sep 2014 i guess from frys.i paid them 18500.

9250 at first and was told that i would have to pay the rest after the delivery but they coled me the next morning and told me that i have to pay 10200 including the registration fee and then they charged me 16400 as custom charges and said that they would compensate me with another ps4 so i paid and then they charged 18500 as taxes and said it would be the last transaction and that they would give me an iphone 5s as compensation and then charged 10000 and then demanded 6300 which i didnt pay and i lost touch with them today"

In the end even scammers must have been like "zyada mat luto isko, warna paap lagega"

Archived