Ni-OH

KnackChap

Yup, preloaded and ready to go! Can't wait for tomorrow night. Hope I get at least an hour to play after it unlocks. Sadly I'm gonna be away for the next couple of days after that :(

Spy Kusarigama seem to be such a boss weapon for Dex build. Just watched some clips on YT

Judging from the demo, the Kusarigama is like a high risk/high reward weapon. Hits hard and fast but leaves you open. The katana is probably the most balanced while the dual katanas are very fast but low damage per hit. The spear is like a defense weapon that lets you fight at a range while the axe is your typical strength weapon that does high damage but is very slow and leave you open. I personally loved playing with the dual katanas and the kusarigama in mostly medium and low stance. I love low stance as it feels a lot like having Bloodborne's sidestep dodge even if the damage output is low.

Judging from the demo, the Kusarigama is like a high risk/high reward weapon. Hits hard and fast but leaves you open. The katana is probably the most balanced while the dual katanas are very fast but low damage per hit. The spear is like a defense weapon that lets you fight at a range while the axe is your typical strength weapon that does high damage but is very slow and leave you open. I personally loved playing with the dual katanas and the kusarigama in mostly medium and low stance. I love low stance as it feels a lot like having Bloodborne's sidestep dodge even if the damage output is low.

That's why that guy was playing in low stance most of the time. Even in low stance, this weapon was yielding so much damage. Once an enemy is caught in the chain combo, he has nowhere to go. he will just die. Not sure about the crowd control though as I just saw initial clips where he was fighting 1 or 2 enemies at one time.

Heard, even Katana got nerfed after the alpha/beta. Not sure though. I didn't play the demos so I wouldn't be able to comment

I would mostly be starting off with an axe or dual katanas. Judging by the difficulty, I would most probably go for axe. It will give me ability to block. :P

Yeah the kusarigama wrecked normal enemies in the demo once you got a combo going. It wasn't terribly effective against bosses though as most of the time you had a small window to attack and back off. I found dual katanas to be very reliable overall. Let's see how the game pans out. I think it'd be best to invest in 2-3 weapons.

the ones who played the demo - is there a weight burden? Going completely blind(only watched review in progress video of gamespot)

watched some clips and yes, there is a weight burden. This is from reddit if you want to read through: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/4hm0sf/equipment_weight/

by the way, would you be streaming the game? do share a link if you are planning to :)

So, how are you planning to choose weapons? Bow will be handy for sure, apart from that would you be choosing weapons which have same scaling(Dex based, strength based, magic based etc.) or a mix of all?

I'm definitely going with Katana and Spear for my first run. Guns and bows too. The ranged combat is really well implemented in the game and is very effective (balanced by the amount of ammo you get). The controls for it are also very intuitive. It's actually better than Souls.

the ones who played the demo - is there a weight burden? Going completely blind(only watched review in progress video of gamespot)

Yes, it's quite similar to Souls and you can invest in stats that allow you to equip heavier stuff. You will want to stay below 70%.

12 hours to go folks!

Archived