ps4 from dubai. Few questions.

Mctavish93

is there an issue with PSN account accessibility when imported from dubai?

can u access PSN india stuff with the uae box?

also is there a difference in the blu ray region playability for Movies?

Nope, i got mine from Dubai.

1. No issues accessing PSN India account.

2. Yes, you can access and download normally, no issues.

3. Because you got the console from Dubai, you are eligible for partial warranty* from Sony India.

4. Even games you bought from Dubai will work perfectly fine. But, the DLC for that game has to be bought from the PSN account of that region. Ex: You buy a PS4 game disk from Dubai, the DLC for that game must be bought from UAE region PSN.

5. I'm not 100% sure on this, but, region restrictions still applies for Blu-Ray Movie disks.

*Partial Warranty: Sony India will replace your console for 50% of the price of a new PS4 in India, provided you request them within 1 year of your purchase.

Other users, feel free to correct me where i am wrong.

Regards.

Edited by gecko89

• 10 months later...

So My Cousin will be at dubai and i'm kind of pushing him for getting the PS4 Slim any region concern that i should be worried about like NTSC , Pal etc and any Reliable shopping places that might offer me the best price i saw this on souq, is this good ??, i also saw a model with NTSC R3 Region code , is it a good one

16 hours ago, leoz said:

So My Cousin will be at dubai and i'm kind of pushing him for getting the PS4 Slim any region concern that i should be worried about like NTSC , Pal etc and any Reliable shopping places that might offer me the best price i saw this on souq, is this good ??, i also saw a model with NTSC R3 Region code , is it a good one

I bought a ps4 pro from Souq about 2 months ago , and i havent faced any issues regarding games not working. I think for games the ps4 is region free, the only issue that might crop up is for Blu Ray movies and maybe DLC for games but you will need to confirm with someone else regarding the same.

But as far as the hardware goes, i got it from souq and so far so good.

23 hours ago, leoz said:

There won't be any problems about region locks as ps4s are region free, You don't have to worry about color encoding formats either as India and Dubai both use PAL, even if it;s NTSC, most modern televisions can handle both the formats + these formats are replaced by a digital encode over HDMI so you won't have any problem.

Souq is a reliable website and you probably won't get a better price.

There won't be any problems with DLC as well until both the game and the DLCs are bought from the same region, that is Indian PSN and indian retail discs, blu-rays will run fine as well.

Edited by kunjanp

So SOUQ it is then , thanks for the replies guys, Sony has some authorized online sellers in india like Cloudtail does the same thing apply there as well and should something go wrong with the console there's some sort of support in India Right irrespective of the Seller

Edited by leoz

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Kazekage Gaara said:

Hey guys,

A friend is bringing me a PS4 Pro from Dubai.  Should I ask him to bring it with the box or ask him to throw the box to avoid customs?

Please lemme know.

As i said on your other thread, there will be no problems, just remember to open the box before hand and keep the total price of goods under 45k, to be sure. Although I have seen my friends breeze through with 60-70k worth of goods but that's luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2018 at 10:53 AM, Kazekage Gaara said:

I told him to ditch the box.  He brought the PS4 in the handbag.  He passed through customs without any checking

Thanx guys :)

Thanks for clarifying this, which one did you get the Model and how much did it come to in all

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, thatbrowndude said:

Hey guys, can anyone help me import a PS4 pro from Dubai? Someone coming back with some spare room in their luggage. Someone from Delhi would be great, as I can pick it up easy. It's a long shot, but it goes anyway. 

Get it from palika or gaffar.It costs just 2-3k extra. Goes for around 30500 currently.

22 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Get it from palika or gaffar.It costs just 2-3k extra. Goes for around 30500 currently.

Hm, yeah it's 30.5k at samurai corner.. doesn't sound too bad if I manage to sell off my ps3 with a faulty hdmi port. 

should i check with them for the eu or jp version, or is the uae version fine? tbh I dont know if it matters much now. 

I just hope it doesn't turn dud on me after a few months. the thought of having a 30k paperweight makes me cringe.

15 minutes ago, thatbrowndude said:

Hm, yeah it's 30.5k at samurai corner.. doesn't sound too bad if I manage to sell off my ps3 with a faulty hdmi port. 

should i check with them for the eu or jp version, or is the uae version fine? tbh I dont know if it matters much now. 

I just hope it doesn't turn dud on me after a few months. the thought of having a 30k paperweight makes me cringe.

Well to be honest if you're buying one without warranty, there is always a risk. But that's the risk you take by importing one yourself too. 

As for version, you can ask them for a specific version although most of the consoles they have are UAE region. Region doesn't matter anyway apart from Bluray Movies that are region locked. Games are region free.

Regarding your ps3, you can ask them for an exchange but I'm not sure what resale value they would offer. Won't be much though.

• 1 year later...

Advice to people importing Ps4 from UAE: Keep your bill and warranty card intact. This will help you fetch better value if/when you sell it and to get a replacement discount from Sony India in case of complaints.