17 hours ago, hope said:

Got my a*s handed tonight :P

Interlagos, qualified 14th. Finished 20th. Twice Spun.

Blue Moon, Qualified 7th. Finished 20th.Spun once.  Maintained 7th till 14 laps after that don't know what happened. Car wasn't the same. Less Grip :ko:

DR D took a massive hit, about to go E :P

I just need one more good race and I'll be DR C. On the other hand I don't know how many more clean races I need to reach SR S. I wish there was some indication.

46 minutes ago, Survivor said:

Are you guys enjoying it? Should one new to GT buy it? 

Its not NFS,not Driveclub. More towards sim side. Driving is addictive though.

If you can race online then go for it. SP Campaign is good. Not like PC or Forza campaigns but different structure. But if you don't wanna race online then you may find your purchase regretful.

Driving and Sport Mode is the USP  which is Online. Check videos above. The fun to be had is  immense. Even if you finish last, the feeling is good.

FIA Championship is another good thing. You enter a race, Qualify at that time and then race. Just like real life.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Walker said:

I just need one more good race and I'll be DR C. On the other hand I don't know how many more clean races I need to reach SR S. I wish there was some indication.

Nice. Aao haveli pe phir :P

Halfway thru Dr C now and SR still at A. I'm guessing another 5 wins and I'll be DR B. Every race SR shows A in blue but doesn't seem to be getting to S. Every 5 good clean races there are 2 bad destruction derby races :(

5 hours ago, hope said:

Its not NFS,not Driveclub. More towards sim side. Driving is addictive though.

If you can race online then go for it. SP Campaign is good. Not like PC or Forza campaigns but different structure. But if you don't wanna race online then you may find your purchase regretful.

Driving and Sport Mode is the USP  which is Online. Check videos above. The fun to be had is  immense. Even if you finish last, the feeling is good.

FIA Championship is another good thing. You enter a race, Qualify at that time and then race. Just like real life.

There are other online racing games..  Luke in GTA also there online car racing then how GT is different than others? 

24 minutes ago, Survivor said:
5 hours ago, hope said:

There are other online racing games..  Luke in GTA also there online car racing then how GT is different than others? 

It's a simulator. You are not supposed to bang anyone, you have to drive carefully, there are penalties for cutting corners, driving erratically etc. In fact before you even bother going online try going thru the campaign driving school and youll realise how serious this game is. The game won't even let you drive online unless you watch the Sportsmanship videos that advise you how to be a better driver. If you took the time to watch hopes video you'll notice how there were opportunities for @hope to try and barrel past the guys ahead but he didn't do it because one mistake and it could decrease his rating and earn him a time penalty which would have put him even further back. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Walker said:

It's a simulator. You are not supposed to bang anyone, you have to drive carefully, there are penalties for cutting corners, driving erratically etc. In fact before you even bother going online try going thru the campaign driving school and youll realise how serious this game is. The game won't even let you drive online unless you watch the Sportsmanship videos that advise you how to be a better driver. If you took the time to watch hopes video you'll notice how there were opportunities for @hope to try and barrel past the guys ahead but he didn't do it because one mistake and it could decrease his rating and earn him a time penalty which would have put him even further back. 

How do you tackle those drivers who race just to hit others car..  And I think in every online race such racers are there and in GT game also I have seen such racers.. 

49 minutes ago, Survivor said:

How do you tackle those drivers who race just to hit others car..  And I think in every online race such racers are there and in GT game also I have seen such racers.. 

in GT Sport you have 2 kinds of ratings

a>DR - Driver Rating which is determined how fast you are and how well you place in any race and qualifiers. You start at level E and go up to level S. Can go up or down depending on where you start in the race and what place you end.

b>SR - Sportsmanship Rating which is how well and fast you drive, your manners on the track, avoiding accidents as well as being a gentleman on the track e.g. blocking a faster car, braking randomly and causing accidents etc. This level can go up or down depending on how many incidents take place on track.

You will start at DR E and SR C and in most races you will be paired with drivers of a similar skillset. At this level you will find a lot of erratic behaviour on track and you'll have to be cautious and avoid accidents as much as possible. As far as possible if you can have clean races its better to improve your SR level first as this will put up to level B and above where everyone is more cautious about causing accidents. As your SR levels climb you will be paired as far as possible with similar SR level drivers and there will be less accidents. At the SR S level there are not much accidents. By now you've probably learned more about the lines and brake points and can easily climb the DR levels. 

At the start just ignore the DR levels and concentrate on getting the SR levels up so you can have cleaner races in the future.

Edited by Walker
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Walker said:

in GT Sport you have 2 kinds of ratings

a>DR - Driver Rating which is determined how fast you are and how well you place in any race and qualifiers. You start at level E and go up to level S. Can go up or down depending on where you start in the race and what place you end.

b>SR - Sportsmanship Rating which is how well and fast you drive, your manners on the track, avoiding accidents as well as being a gentleman on the track e.g. blocking a faster car, braking randomly and causing accidents etc. This level can go up or down depending on how many incidents take place on track.

You will start at DR E and SR C and in most races you will be paired with drivers of a similar skillset. At this level you will find a lot of erratic behaviour on track and you'll have to be cautious and avoid accidents as much as possible. As far as possible if you can have clean races its better to improve your SR level first as this will put up to level B and above where everyone is more cautious about causing accidents. As your SR levels climb you will be paired as far as possible with similar SR level drivers and there will be less accidents. At the SR S level there are not much accidents. By now you've probably learned more about the lines and brake points and can easily climb the DR levels. 

At the start just ignore the DR levels and concentrate on getting the SR levels up so you can have cleaner races in the future.

Thanks for the details. It must be difficult to raise your ratings in both the section 

I've found it's better to concede a few places in races than try to stay ahead of someone who is desperate enough to get ahead of you at any cost. In most cases you end up losing your place anyway along with a penalty and a hit to your SR levels all because Johnny Too Fast didnt brake in time and ended up tapping you from behind/ or nudging you off course. I learnt the hard way. I was DR D and SR S and all it took was one guy to tap me, causing me to drop in SR and I tried to avoid contact with him and move out of the way and ended up being bumped by another car giving me a further SR drop and losing 7 places. In this case the first guy was at fault for trying to outbrake on the inside of a very tight corner. I was at fault for trying to avoid another contact with him and moving into the line of another car. Use your mirrors and radar to time your actions.

2 hours ago, Survivor said:

Thanks for the details. It must be difficult to raise your ratings in both the section 

SR is easy to ramp up as every good sector gives you a good SR  but DR will take time.

For example: If you start 19th on the grid and finish 9th then DR will go up fast but the next race if you qualify 7th and finish 20th like i did,it will go down considerably.

I was pretty close to getting DR C but this 7th to 20th and again i am far from levelling up.

As Riley said, campaign will teach you everything. It will teach you every track, racing lines, overtake, challenges,etc to make you a good driver.

And if you are confident that you don't need all these then you can directly jump to Sport mode without the Campaign like i did. Though i will go back to Campaign coz many tracks I dont know :P

• Like 1

Had a really bad day today. Started in pole but got spun by the guy behind me and finished last. Then started 5th and got stuck between 3 cars, 2 on either side that wouldn't back off and a 3rd tool that was right on my tail. Tried to back out of the 2 cars before the corner and  pull to the side but the guy on my right decided to squeeze into me and SR went orange. Next the guy behind me rams into me, no brakes and again I get SR orange and then I go into the wall which gets me a 10sec penalty. Next race I make the mistake of going into the Oval. It was horrible. There was this one guy who was so aggressive he pushes me into the wall (which I'm already hugging) and causes a 3 car pileup (which he escapes). I manage to right my car and start moving on the extreme left out of everyone's way since I'm last. The guy who initially caused the accident is now leading and is about to lap me but he's weaving and trying to defend from the number 2 guy and finally loses traction and barrels right into me. Another SR drop for me taking me to B. The worst part is this happened on the straights. All that dick had to do was concede instead of weaving. :ranting:

1 minute ago, Walker said:

Had a really bad day today. Started in pole but got spun by the guy behind me and finished last. Then started 5th and got stuck between 3 cars, 2 on either side that wouldn't back off and a 3rd tool that was right on my tail. Tried to back out of the 2 cars before the corner and  pull to the side but the guy on my right decided to squeeze into me and SR went orange. Next the guy behind me rams into me, no brakes and again I get SR orange and then I go into the wall which gets me a 10sec penalty. Next race I make the mistake of going into the Oval. It was horrible. There was this one guy who was so aggressive he pushes me into the wall (which I'm already hugging) and causes a 3 car pileup (which he escapes). I manage to right my car and start moving on the extreme left out of everyone's way since I'm last. The guy who initially caused the accident is now leading and is about to lap me but he's weaving and trying to defend from the number 2 guy and finally loses traction and barrels right into me. Another SR drop for me taking me to B. The worst part is this happened on the straights. All that dick had to do was concede instead of weaving. :ranting:

SR B again oh no man. Some guys really miss the braking Points and just ram into people. 

Get Clean Sector's as much as you can. It evens out the orange one's if you get any.  Start last on Ovals if you are racing there and simply drive slow to avoid anyone. .Even in 10 laps, you will have massive increase in SR. Do todays FIA race at Maggiore, great chance to increase SR in 6 laps from the back. FIA's are long so great chance to increase SR in one go ,even more

If you are last.

Very well exploited. That was some good driving. Number 5 is an a**hole. Couldn't keep his line and was a bitch about it. Good thing he flickered out when he tried to barrel thru the corner. :good:

That first pass was in no way your fault. He left the racing line and tried to get back in by pushing you. You were already 3/4ths of the way ahead so what he did would be illegal and should have earned him a time penalty. It's sh*t heads like this that I've faced all day today. 

Edited by Walker
  • Like 1

Awesome first FIA race. Finished 3rd. All green SR's.DR D 3/4 th now.

Terrible 2nd race, start was glitched. I rammed someone within a sec of start coz i just pushed the accelerator button and he somehow ghosted in front of me but actually it wasn't ghosted :ko: Dropped to 20th. Then tried to push hard,with TC1 Just couldnt control the car and hit 2-3, coz wobbled too much then 7th lap spun stupidity and it was all over. DR D back to 1/4th :P

Its halfway now with some Sport races :P

3 hours ago, hope said:

6th to 3rd on last lap :P Not sure the first pass was my mistake or not as I think i had the pace and took inside while he was wobbling.

Do you know you only use 90% throttle whole race? even on the sections of full throttle