If no one shows up and it's only @hope and me we'll do the ring night time endurance. Only thing missing is rain. Love driving in rain. Driveclub was bloody fantastic with full storm.:wub:

Edited by Walker

I have given up on this game. Last 3 races have been the worst. PD has ruined the penalty system FFS. 

How the f**k do you get a 10 sec penalty when your on the outside of a hairpin, almost on the grass so that the guy on the inside has enough space? Well all he had to do was bump pass me and voila, not only do I get an SR down, I also get a 10 sec penalty for trying to drive safe. Second instance, this time I take the inside line, pass 2 people and then one guy loses control, bumps me on the side (by mistake) and corrects himself and drives off. Guess what... I get an Sr down and 10 sec penalty. WTF? Really? Uninstalled. I'll come back to it if and when there's some improvement. For now after 3 races that tanked my SR down to A I'm f**king done.

Honestly for all the bitching everyone was doing the best time was from Jan till March. After that its become a total shitshow. At least the penalties were reasonable if not fair befoe. Now after the latest update its become dirty drivers' heaven. I know because I've tried it by mistake. Last week I misjudged a turn and ended up using the guy on the outside as a wall, I stayed on track with no SR down and no penalty. That guy got a penalty and finished the race with a red SR. How the heck was that fair to him. If anything I should have got the penalty there, and an SR down. Anyway its going to have to have a really good update to get me to redownload 60GB.

Why did you uninstall it riley,we could have played lobbies. 

You gotta avoid idiots is the rule of the thumb but i agree about the outside guy getting the penalty for avoiding collision is ridiculous. 

SR Down is an opportunity to win races though :P

Anyways Dirt Rally is awesome. July update will be a new custom track and driver suit  customisation.

1 hour ago, hope said:

Why did you uninstall it riley,we could have played lobbies. 

You gotta avoid idiots is the rule of the thumb but i agree about the outside guy getting the penalty for avoiding collision is ridiculous. 

SR Down is an opportunity to win races though :P

Anyways Dirt Rally is awesome. July update will be a new custom track and driver suit  customisation.

I agree with everything you said. I'd be ok with an SR down, but the time penalties were stupid. I managed to overtake 5 cars to lead the entire race on Interlagos (one of my strongest tracks) but because of that 10 sec penalty I ended up 5th. Also on the back straight I was side by side with another car and he kept turning into me (5-6 times), no penalty for him and no red SR at the end either, but I had a red SR because of weird rules. 

3 hours ago, Walker said:

I agree with everything you said. I'd be ok with an SR down, but the time penalties were stupid. I managed to overtake 5 cars to lead the entire race on Interlagos (one of my strongest tracks) but because of that 10 sec penalty I ended up 5th. Also on the back straight I was side by side with another car and he kept turning into me (5-6 times), no penalty for him and no red SR at the end either, but I had a red SR because of weird rules. 

But such races are few and far between. I would say 2 in 10 maybe. You won't believe how many races i have lost due to Monza first turn :P Uninstalling the game is not the right option. 

57 minutes ago, hope said:

But such races are few and far between. I would say 2 in 10 maybe. You won't believe how many races i have lost due to Monza first turn :P Uninstalling the game is not the right option. 

That's also 20% of all races. For me at least this is not acceptable. I mean I like racing, I don't mind the odd bump in a close race, it's still fun. But getting a 10 second penalty for someone brushing by you from the inside is BS. 10 seconds is f**king overkill especially if you have 1-2 laps to go. Even worse if you've gone from 14th to top 3 in 6 laps with 2 laps to go. And its not even consistent, either yesterday or the day before, someone bumped me from behind into the guy in front. I f**king dont know how but I got a 5 sec penalty, the guy in front also got a penalty but the guy behind got nothing. That's some amazing PD coding at work. I get assigning blame is difficult but wtf is that?

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Dirt Rally makes me want to throw my controller in rage.

Lol I haven't reached that level of frustration yet :P Throwing the wheel is not an option :lol:

Edited by Walker

• 1 year later...