Is it just me or do all these 'choice' based games feel really phony to you guys too? I dont know know for you guys but for me there is just never any true coherence or real meaning behind choosing one dialogue option or the other out of the given dialogue options.  Be it witcher, fallout, heavy rain or this... it all just feels extremely basic and forced. The timers on dialogues dont help either.. just another forced mechanic to give an illusions of high stakes gameplay.

Wait a minute, some of those dialogue options in witcher do determine the ending.

2 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

Wait a minute, some of those dialogue options in witcher do determine the ending.

Sure they do. But thats not my point. I meant the act of choosing one dialogue option over the other never really feels a meaningful act in itself.. instead just feels like a number of button presses required- in order to reach all the different endings/dialogue branches. 

Hurts more when the dialogue options are some obscure-concise version of what your character will actually say.. then you choose one such option and the character ends up saying something entirely different or, at best, vaguely similar.

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Watch video online and get 20% off.

https://live.playstation.com

Did this. Tempted to pickup Detroit now with the added incentive of 20% off

Used the code from a similar challenge last month for God of War and Yakuza 6.

Am hoping that next week sales has a few interesting games, can add them all to cart and apply this discount. It will be perfect :D

https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/reviews/detroit-become-human-review-ps4-pro-1857053

Clocking in at around 25 hours, it’s not a short game by any means and it could go up to 40 hours should you decide to complete everything, though not all of it is as good as it could be. Overall, Detroit: Become Human is a gorgeous game that brings some welcome improvements over Quantic Dream’s earlier work, but one that is ultimately flawed due to its predictable plot.

Not looking good at all. Think I'll wait till the price drops below Rs. 1,500.

Gamespot : 7/10

THE GOOD

•  Excellent presentation pulls you into the world and brings characters to life
  •  Three storylines that complement one another in fascinating ways
  •  Filled with unforgettable moments of shock and awe

THE BAD

•  Flowcharts constantly remind you of the game you're playing and cheapen your involvement
  •  Blatant and shallow appropriation of real-life events stick out like a sore thumb
  •  Some secondary characters exhibit an obvious lack of detail

• Heaven Angel changed the title to Detroit: Become Human