Ni no Kuni 2

rAgHaV

9 minutes ago, Star Lord said:

Do I need to complete the first part before playing this game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope; they are completely seperate stories. Both games are set in the same world but hundreds of years apart. They did this so people who played the first game will have some cool easter eggs/references. At the same time new players can just jump into this game without playing or even knowing that the first game exists.

So go ahead and play this game. You will not miss anything at all due to not playing the first game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keano said:

Completed chapter 6, the game gets a bit challenging once you start 6th chapter. Also there is a nice surprise waiting y'all at the start of the seventh chapter :bigyellowgrin: 

The whole thing was done so well.

Had doubts at the start but when Ronald walked away without saying anything, I was like, WHAT. How can you do that piece of shite? 0vBnOwQ.png Then the whole chapter wrapped out perfectly and I was grinning.

Fantastic chapter.

6th chapter ending:

That boss man. Lost my mind when it came back to full HP 2nd time. Complete wipeout. 

The scene with Evan was lovely.

Edited by Heaven Angel

31 minutes ago, Keano said:

Did you get any alternate costumes for anyone in the party Joe? The only one I have is for Roland and it looks fugly.

Got one for Tani and Ronald so far.

Have to look for others. 

Roland: https://imgur.com/a/B2MpS
Batu: https://imgur.com/a/pQdcC
Tani: https://imgur.com/a/dBmm2
Evan: https://imgur.com/a/ahZWq
Bracken: https://imgur.com/a/C6Zla 
Leander: https://imgur.com/a/fZ3Qn

Think there is 2nd outfit too for some characters. Saw Leander wearing a different outfit in some video. Tani has another one too during chapter 9 or after.

I really wanted the Hydropolis scene outfit though. 

Edited by Heaven Angel

14 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Don't forget to spend time in your kingdom. Upgrades will help you massively throughout the game. From side quests to errands to fights. 

After completing a chapter, make sure to complete some sides/errands/monsters too. Always check quest book for a level requirement. The game also has book for everything under help section. Can track tainted monsters and everything. 

If you forgot what monster belongs to what category, you can find it under help. This is useful for tweaking tactics menu.

For skirmishes, feel free to get MIGHT before the battle. 

Last, upgrade. Upgrade. Upgrade everything. Buildings, weapons, armour, even Higgledies. 

Pretty much how I'm playing it, at the moment. Except the tainted monsters part. Don't have the guts to go against them after my first experience. :fear: However, since I've leveled up significantly compared to the initial stage of the game, I guess I'll give it a try.

Also, haven't seen the video above, but this does seem easier compared to the first game.

Finished Chapter 5, BTW. About to start Chapter 6 now.

Also, love the fact that when you level up and end up going to an area which is already explored, the lower level monsters don't even charge at you. So, you get the freedom whether you want to engage then in combat or not. Neat touch. :good:

3 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Also, haven't seen the video above, but this does seem easier compared to the first game. Finished Chapter 5, BTW. About to start Chapter 6 now.

Yeah, it gets harder after that chapter. 6fVhxRQ.png 

I don't mind story being fairly easy except last few chapters. The game offers a large amount of content if you want some challenge too. Dream Doors with high danger level is crazy hard. Tainted monsters on same level is decent challenge too without tactics tweaking. 

10 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Also, love the fact that when you level up and end up going to an area which is already explored, the lower level monsters don't even charge at you. So, you get the freedom whether you want to engage then in combat or not. Neat touch. :good:

Indeed. Sometimes just like to stroll around without worrying about fighting. 

__

By the way, Kingdom has music building where you can visit and listen to the soundtrack in-game itself. A3Y7xtl.png 

Dispellery - Ability to uncurse equipment. Needs to have a citizen to keep it active.

Some rare equipment you find will be cursed. In order to get the full potential of these equipment you’ll need to remove the curse. That’s where the Dispellery comes into play. Once this has been built you can use it to remove curses from equipment. No research can be done here, but leveling up the facility will allow you to remove the curses from more rare equipment that you’ll find throughout the game.

___

50 hours in. Last chapter. 100+ side quests done. Almost 100 errands too along with half of the tainted monsters done. Kingdom close to level 4. 64 buildings with most upgraded. Just need 15 more people now. cghfBFS.png 

Crafting is very nice once you research high-level things. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Dispellery - Ability to uncurse equipment. Needs to have a citizen to keep it active.

Some rare equipment you find will be cursed. In order to get the full potential of these equipment you’ll need to remove the curse. That’s where the Dispellery comes into play. Once this has been built you can use it to remove curses from equipment. No research can be done here, but leveling up the facility will allow you to remove the curses from more rare equipment that you’ll find throughout the game.

___

50 hours in. Last chapter. 100+ side quests done. Almost 100 errands too along with half of the tainted monsters done. Kingdom close to level 4. 64 buildings with most upgraded. Just need 15 more people now. cghfBFS.png 

Crafting is very nice once you research high-level things. 

I did not find a single cursed weapon or maybe the ones I found has lesser stats than the equipped weapons, so I must have ignored them.

My save says I have close to 80 hours but that is because I leave the game running so that I farm KGs from work using chrome remote desktop. 123 side quests and 133 Swift Solutions completed. Have over 6000000 KG and I need 8 more citizens for Level 4 Kingdom. I do need to track the tainted monsters as I only killed 28 of them till now. 

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Heh, nice. Wish I could farm like that on PS4. fInXYnl.png I keep visiting the kingdom every 30 or so minutes to get the KGs. 

you can do it on PS4 if you have a Vita and iirc also with a compatible Sony Ericsson mobile.

Edit: looks like you can do it using a PC - https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/index.html 

Edited by Keano

Finished it.

Remember those things/games that make you inspire, cheer up, fall in love all over and leave you in tears and then smile with joy? This is one of them. An outstanding gem of a game. 6s6FaQA.png 

Right from the start, the game shapes out perfectly. All the characters are well done and Evan & Ronald's relationship makes the journey even more joyous. The way it evolves and ends with an so satisfying ending makes you want to keep playing it over and over and over again.

It's been a very long time since I played this much in a whole week. Stick of Truth, if I remember correctly. 4 years later, this has rekindled the spark and love for video games. 

You can see the amount of hard work, joy, love, tears and everything poured into this game while developing it. Every quality of the game is so perfect. The soundtrack, visuals, the combat, the characters, bosses, story, exploration, content. Everything is just perfect. 

eS0ykXS.png 

For once, I have nothing negative about a game. A wonderful journey throughout and never been more satisfied with the ending. 10/10. KfZGwXU.png 

Thank you, Level-5 for making this. I'm not even a big fan of JRPG games but this is just too good not to play. A perfect entertainment with a spark of everything. 

____

Ending:

Ni no Kuni II’s Outsider: Why Revenant Kingdom is Roland’s Story 

I absolutely loved Roland. When he left at the end, it kind of felt sad. But it fits the story, I guess.  

Did Roland actually die? Was his nation destroyed? Was Ni no Kuni a dream? The answers to all of these questions are left ambiguous.  

Really hoping for DLCs to cover Ronald and one about Doloran and his past. Or Ferdinand. Wouldn't mind a spinoff of the modern world either. rYqkdhh.png 

Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Like 4