Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

Separate thread.

I figure we can use the TV shows thread to discus episodes and shows specifically. This thread to find out what is good on Netflix/recommendations, whats is available and keep each other posted on what new stuff is added over the coming weeks.

Edit Oh and also share accounts with each other. UHD plan for two people is cheaper than one. :P

Edited by Aftrunner

Is Netflix account sharing allowed? Won't they ban account? It's akin to piracy, like psn game sharing. What's Netflix stance on that? Anyone has any idea? Let's be clear before anyone gets banned. Even on IVG too lol.

^^Few hours ago.

Is Netflix account sharing allowed? Won't they ban account? It's akin to piracy, like psn game sharing. What's Netflix stance on that? Anyone has any idea? Let's be clear before anyone gets banned. Even on IVG too lol.

Its not really anything like Piracy. And this isnt really like PSN sharing, one is exploiting a loop hole, the other is a feature you ARE paying extra for. Lets say you pay for 4 screens, its your discretion who uses those 4 screens.

The entire point of paying for extra screens is so you can share it with friends and family. Why else would you need multiple screens at once??

Still, mods discretion and all that. /shrug

Edited by Aftrunner

Netflix sharing is allowed. And there's no concept of different accounts for different regions. There is just a universal Netflix account and the content options will change based on where you're accessing it from.

The best part is you can create multiple profiles within the same account, so that you maintain individual viewing history and recommendations.

Also, you can actually share the account with as many people as you want. It's just that there's a cap on how many people can stream stuff simultaneously.

Edited by Gautam

Finally good to see Netflix available in India....

just signed up for a 650/- plan along with one month free

what i noticed is that some of the major shows like House of Cards, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad are not available :(

not sure if they will added later for Indian region

I would expect all Netflix Originals to be added in the coming weeks. Other shows might be hit or miss depending on licensing deals.

I cant find Its always sunny in there either. But Better call Saul is in there which isnt on in the US Netflix.

Indian content is also on the low side, like I said in the other thread, Hooq has a ton of local content, Hindi and otherwise.

^^ Yes.

They seem to have added a few more movies and TV shows now, just watched some movies and TV shows in parts.

Uncensored it is. Let's hope it stays that way.

Edit: Having it on PS4 is extremely convenient. HD looks great.

Edited by Maximus

Yes, you can use chromecast. Only issue would be that chromecast is wifi only.

If you have console or a smart tv with netflix, that'd be preferred.

Edited to say console instead of PS4 cuz you can have it on xbox/ps3 etc as well.

Edited by Shantz