Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

It doesn't even have Starwars.....f**k me

dunno about star wars but big summer blockbusters that are not on US netflix are sometimes avb on other stores like UK etc. netflix ac is universal, just use hola unblocker on your browser and it'll take u to the other region library in seconds.

• Like 3

dunno about star wars but big summer blockbusters that are not on US netflix are sometimes avb on other stores like UK etc. netflix ac is universal, just use hola unblocker on your browser and it'll take u to the other region library in seconds.

Thanks.It actually works :)

and in case you guys want to watch content from other region on your consoles, tablets etc that dont support hola unblocker. just use this site to change your proxy directly from the router.

this one is about 5$ a month and has a free trial (without asking any CC info first)

https://www.unblock-us.com/

this is 2$ a month

https://adfreetime.com/

i have used both of them and they work flawlessly.

How does the service work? It says movies free for first 1 month does that mean we pay something over and above subscription fee of 500/650/800? Like some amount to watch a particular movie? Or after paying the sub fee we watch anything we feel like unlimited?

First 30 days is free... you can watch any content available in Netflix India.. there is no limit also, u can watch it n number of times

Once trail period is over u to pay for the plan u have selected and rest all remains the same

No latest episodes of Arrow, The Flash,Gotham,Agents of Shield,izombie. F**k it doesn't even contain Stargate TV series. Not worth for me and also it doesn't have free DVD/Bluray rental service with the subscription

Let you in on a secret.. Use unblock-us/unlocator and use US/UK or other regions of netflix with your Indian account ;)

Also, they have 7 day trials for these services with just email. So if you have your own domain, you can have unlimited "trials" without paying ;)

Hey guys now you can watch the entire catalogue of content Netflix has to offer in every country from an app called Smartflix.

https://www.smartflix.io/

It has all the options you normally have.

Give it a shot, very legit and lightweight app that runs like the windows 10 Netflix app.

Spoke to the guy on his website, he'll be charging a one time $8 fee after the initial 1st free month.

smartflix.jpg?w=624

Edited by zibalingz

Btw Netlfix in Google Chrome and Firefox only play in 720p

Safari and Microsoft Edge can go upto 1080p (So can the Windows Netflix app)

No 4k yet for PC's but if you have a 4k TV it might work.

Lastly here are some shortcuts to override Netflix's default video quality and content server settings

Once you start playing a Movie or TV Show

Press -

Ctrl+Shift+Alt+S = Video bitrate, Audio bitrate and Content Server Override Toggles, (5800 being the highest video bitrate which is 1080p)

Ctrl+Shift+Alt+D = overlay Info about the same stuff above and more, you can see the various bitrates corresponding to the resolutions.

Cheers! :wave:

Edited by zibalingz
  • Like 1

I don't see any 4k content though I have 4k tv, I think i will have to wait for LG to officially out the Netflix app from lg smart store. Would probably be due to Netflix app on PS4 as even in YouTube the 4k option does not show up.

Also the quality on wifi is bad on 4k tv, don't think it is even streaming at full HD maybe my 8 mbps connection is the culprit.

Edited by AtheK

You mean I pay for Netflix & then pay for this again?!

yup. Only thing this app does is painfree netflix region switching. It doesn't allow you to magically watch netflix without paying. You can do the region switching through various methods listed above without paying additional money as well. Edited by Shantz

I don't see any 4k content though I have 4k tv, I think i will have to wait for LG to officially out the Netflix app from lg smart store. Would probably be due to Netflix app on PS4 as even in YouTube the 4k option does not show up.

Also the quality on wifi is bad on 4k tv, don't think it is even streaming at full HD maybe my 8 mbps connection is the culprit.

You have to go to your settings and enable HD streaming. By default it is set to SD on most connections. 720p works fine on my 4 Mbps so should be good on your 8.

Also make you you let the video load up after that. It's got this weird thing where it starts in SD and then moves to HD after a.minute or two.

Edited by Aftrunner