Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

On 2/15/2018 at 1:51 PM, Ethan_Hunt said:

The Office (US) now on Indian Amazon Prime. :D 

Oh awesome ...always wanted to see this 

Guys...any idea on how to reduce quality to 720p or SD quality in prime? Only when I watch on a PC I can do it....but on TV it always streams @1080p

21 minutes ago, kold_war said:

Oh awesome ...always wanted to see this 

Guys...any idea on how to reduce quality to 720p or SD quality in prime? Only when I watch on a PC I can do it....but on TV it always streams @1080p

The Playstation app also does not allow quality control. :(

9 hours ago, waveking said:

Battlestar Galactica

One of the best shows made. 

Viewing order :

• The Miniseries
  • Night 1
  • Night 2
  • Season 1 - full
  • Season 2 - episode 1 to 17
  • Razor TV movie extended version
  • Season 2 - episode 18 to 20
  • Battlestar Galactica: The Resistance
  • Season 3 - full
  • Season 4 - episode 1 to 11
  • The Face of the Enemy web series
  • Season 4 - episode 12 to 15
  • The Plan short movie
  • Season 4 - episode 16 to 19
  • The Plan 
  • Caprica TV show - 58 years before the events of Battlestar Galactica
  • Blood and Chrome short movie

A bit complex but worth watching in right order. yZuh6sh.png 

• Like 1

Cancelled my Netflix sub because its not worth 800rs a month, especially compared to US Netflix. So much sh*t is missing yet they charge the same amount.

Prime doing bang up job with their service though so will continue with that. BG <3

18 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Cancelled my Netflix sub because its not worth 800rs a month, especially compared to US Netflix. So much sh*t is missing yet they charge the same amount.

Prime doing bang up job with their service though so will continue with that. BG <3

I'm starting to feel this as well. The Prime site and player though are terribly clunky and their search is just so bad. Netflix content really needs to up its game in India to keep up.

1 hour ago, Star Lord said:

Bought Express VPN. It works great for switching  to any Netflix region. Not just US but other countries like Brazil and Japan have better content as well.

Didn't work last month but now it does. It probably wont again next month. Same story with VyprVPN, it works, Netflix finds a way to block it, VPN switches to new IP and the chase continues. The whole ordeal soured me even more on top of having mediocre local library.

2 hours ago, Generally said:

I'm starting to feel this as well. The Prime site and player though are terribly clunky and their search is just so bad. Netflix content really needs to up its game in India to keep up.

I'm using TV's app, works great with 4K/HDR and I can actually tell when it flips between 4K and 1080p unlike Netflix where everything looks like 720p upscaled and HDR flatout doesn't work (can't tell the difference)

^ LG Tv app for Netflix works awesome. Prime is also good but it loads for a micro second when moving tabs and such which I dont like. Nord Vpn always works but you have to use PC where you cant watch HDR content.

9 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

^ LG Tv app for Netflix works awesome. Prime is also good but it loads for a micro second when moving tabs and such which I dont like. Nord Vpn always works but you have to use PC where you cant watch HDR content.

I've tried all of the big ones on VPN Guru, they all go through this phase of working/not/working again. Currently using Vypr because it came free with my Usenet sub and so far its working great. Nord didn't work when I tried it last month.

I use my PC to connect through VPN, then share its wifi like hotspot and watch it on TV/PS4 etc.

9 minutes ago, HEMAN said:

NordVpn provides router level Vpn if your router supports this feature.

Yes I know, they all do. Mine is flashed with DD-WRT and setup for OpenVPN protocol, but I don't want to use it all the time because

1. Terrible pings on PS4/Switch because it matchmakes with US players.

2. Speed drop from 50Mb to 10-15Mb is quite jarring, especially for Usenet queues.

3. Half the channels on FireTV starts acting weird, including Prime.   

2 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I'm using TV's app, works great with 4K/HDR and I can actually tell when it flips between 4K and 1080p unlike Netflix where everything looks like 720p upscaled and HDR flatout doesn't work (can't tell the difference)

Yeah I have seen their TV app, it is leagues ahead of their website. I primarily watch on my computer and have to suffer through that.

49 minutes ago, waveking said:

Netflix India sub not really worth if you aren't sharing. 

Yeah I pay like 200 bucks and its good value for that. 

Anymore though, I dont think I would bother.