Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

Well, one thing's for sure, Hotstar has come a long way from it's initial 720p minuscule library offering. It has a pretty decent collection now I'd say. At 999/- for a full year, it's definitely good enough. 

Hotstar's got incorrect aspect ratios on many of their premium movies though.

Here's an example. Notice how a big portion of the frame gets cut on either side on Hotstar. It bothers me quite a bit and makes almost the entire premium catalogue of movies pretty much worthless to me.

Hotstar:

Civil_War_-_Hotstar.jpg

Youtube:

Civil_War_-_Youtube.jpg

Edited by STICK3Rboy

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, do any of your mobile devices stream Prime in HD? How do you know if it's switched to full HD? 

From what I understand, Netflix and Amazon Prime video both require devices which support Widevine L1 DRM. Unfortunately, my ancient Oneplus One fails in this test as it's L3 Widevine. However, my brother has an A8+ which supports L1 certification, yet his device can't stream Amazon Prime videos in Full HD. Netflix works in Full HD on his phone. 

Can anyone of you with higher end mobile phone confirm this?

4 hours ago, growl_kid said:

In India we have Netflix, Prime and Hotstar. Any other notable streaming services available? And how to get invitation in Flixfy? :-/

I also want a invitation for Flixfy? 

18 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Does hotstar show ads in live sports events? The only thing I miss since cutting cords is live F1 and football stuff and I don't wanna miss out on world cup action.

No ads in f1 but its limited to 720p. Just watched the Qualify for Spain GP.

• Like 1

Great, 720p is fine as long as its ad free and live. 300rs per year is peanuts compared to sport packages on cable network. Its amazing how much they rip you off by charging stupid prices per month and then show exuberant amount of ads on top of it. 

5 hours ago, adity said:

HD works on my S7. Can confirm. None of oneplus phones even 5t support HD videos in netflix, prime. 

Thanks! How do you know it's switched to HD? Does it show the HD logo lit up with 1080p like the PS4 and PC UI? 

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Great, 720p is fine as long as its ad free and live. 300rs per year is peanuts compared to sport packages on cable network. Its amazing how much they rip you off by charging stupid prices per month and then show exuberant amount of ads on top of it. 

Double check before purchasing sports pack. There were lot of comments on the live page about people not able to watch f1 even though sports pack mentions F1 is included. 

8 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

I find hotstar very poor in its live streaming during weekend big Ipl matches have seen issues in there streaming not just matches anything on hotstar starts buffering they should plan to implement 1080p streaming on Android TV as well