Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

37 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

I am not able to stream most shows on hotstar properly on my LG TV app. The picture is too jerky and moves in frames.

Some shows like live cricket and masterchef australia are streaming fine while most others are not

Wrote to hotstar and they asked me to run a speedtest on a link. They are saying my Internet conenction is bsing routed through Denmark hence the playback issue. 

This seems wierd as some shows are running fine. Further those same shows are running fine using the same connection on my Laptop.

Yet Hotstar is insisting its an internet connection issue. 

As far as I can see lg webos only has hotstar 1.0 version app.

Any suggestions?

Hotstar has sh*t devs. I'm having issues with subtitles not playing for most shows, and they just said wait for an update. 

This was months ago. ?

33 minutes ago, adity said:

Nope. It sucks. Buy a Firestick if you want decent hotstar on LG TV. I've tried it too. Sucks big time. Literally downloaded a copy off the Internet of John wick after hotstar crashed on me

It's on Netflix too 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Hotstar has sh*t devs. I'm having issues with subtitles not playing for most shows, and they just said wait for an update. 

This was months ago. ?

3 hours ago, adity said:

Nope. It sucks. Buy a Firestick if you want decent hotstar on LG TV. I've tried it too. Sucks big time. Literally downloaded a copy off the Internet of John wick after hotstar crashed on me

That sucks donkey balls o_o

I have a VU smart TV. Initially I installed the smart TV version hotstar from TV store. It was not able to play any premium contents. Also it used to give a notification that a new version is available. So clicking on update, it took me to google play store, instead of TV store. From here, I updated the android mobile version of hotstar. Now its still not able to play premium version, but somehow its able to play VIP shows and matches too!!!
Being a premium user, I feel ripped off! I still have to use hotstar on my small mobile screen.
You have to login in the tv version and register your TV to view premium content

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Killing Eve is now available on Hotstar.

Was waiting forever for it to be added to some streaming service and it gets added when I'm almost done with the series :\

Edited by STICK3Rboy

7 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Trying to watch but for some reason it's not going over 480p. Checked speed in settings and I am getting full speeds but everything is playing at 480p only. Reloaded Netflix and even logged in again. 

Too many hits I guess, should have gone back to normal now. 

50 minutes ago, adity said:

Watched 2 episodes. They've definitely toned this down in terms of sex and violence. But the cast is phenomenal as always. 

I too watched 2 episodes and it definitely felt restrained... So far not impressed.. Even Nawaz felt meh.. lets see what happens. 

4 hours ago, AtheK said:

Too many hits I guess, should have gone back to normal now. 

Nah, its my connection although fast.com speeds are full tracert to netflix is messed up several time outs and 30 hops. 

Finished it. Quite good, but certainly not as good as S1. Maybe that's just because S1 was just so damn good.

This is good too, just that it's not as intense as S1. Definitely toned down, in all aspects.

That ending, though. Excited and slightly angry at the same time.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
It's free for 3 months with prime. 
Ohh well I do have a Prime subscription so that's good news.
But, I only get one book each month or something right? It's not like the membership gives me access to any and all Audiobooks like how Prime Video works......

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

Yes. You can get any 1 book from their catalogue. Good thing is that you can access it even after your sub expires. So you are essentially getting 3 audio books for free. 
Yeah the first 3 months is fine, but I don't think I'm gonna stay a member post that. Cuz audiobooks on audible are stupid expensive, and there is a membership cost separate from what I already pay for Amazon Prime.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk