Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

20 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Did Netflix drop a bunch of new stuff on Indian platform or did they just open it up to US version? I see a lot of stuff that I had to use VPN to see a couple of weeks ago.

Theres a gareebo ka fast and furious movie dont remember the name . The songs that movie has :ko:

Netflix's UX is really quite crappy on Fire TV stick.

The skip-back-10-second thing doesn't work for more than 1 skips, and there is no in-app setting to disable auto-play-next-title. That thing drove me nuts till I got to know yesterday that you can disable it in browser. 1. Why? 2. Ugh. 

Plus I find Prime Video's X-ray super useful almost every time I watch anything on it. I'd like that to be implemented for everything including music streaming. 

Edit: Enabling and disabling subtitles is shabbily implemented for almost every single service and app. It should be a simple click like it is in browser. I miss one line and there is a dance of 4-5 taps of different buttons to get them on and back off. Uncouth. I'd pay good money for a remote that has a dedicated CC button. Even more for Apple TV's Siri implemented "What did they say" thing but wrapped in a button. 

Edited by achilles

5 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

No it will be on Hotstar and they are going to take their own sweet time. Till then it's Ahoy matey.

As someone who is paying for Hotstar, its always Ahoy matey time. Absolute dogshit streaming quality and the app forgets where I am in an episode half the time. :doh: 

No way in hell I am renewing for next year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

As someone who is paying for Hotstar, its always Ahoy matey time. Absolute dogshit streaming quality and the app forgets where I am in an episode half the time. :doh: 

Using the WebOS app for it, and it's absolute dogshit. Forget the streaming quality, even the user interface is retarded.

17 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Yup. My sub expired a few days ago. Not planning on renewing it anytime soon.

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Using the WebOS app for it, and it's absolute dogshit. Forget the streaming quality, even the user interface is retarded.

I have it just cos of cricket. 

BTW endgame starts streaming from tomorrow, so maybe Disney + also starts from tomorrow. 

Edited by AtheK

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

Me, for all the HBO stuff. I so wish they had chosen to tie up with Amazon at least, if not Netflix.

That was never gonna happen. Your best bet was probably Zee or Sony Live or something similar. 

21 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

The streaming quality I can live with since it's mostly on the phone running in the background while I work. What's annoying is the second part. Ffs not being able to pick up from where you left is annoying as hell, not to mention the absolutely retarded search.