Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2019 at 7:16 PM, PSFooty7 said:

Are you using the US LG Content Store?

Hi Athek - did it work ? I have nord VPN sub and wanted to use it to get access to the Netflix US/Japan content. Seems that there is no native app for that on LG. 

Would you mind sharing your VPN provider ? Also is it a DNS based VPN ? 

Edited by Vip3r

On 1/8/2020 at 10:35 AM, Vip3r said:

Hi Athek - did it work ? I have nord VPN sub and wanted to use it to get access to the Netflix US/Japan content. Seems that there is no native app for that on LG. 

Would you mind sharing your VPN provider ? Also is it a DNS based VPN ? 

ya there was none so i just uninstalled the app, did not want to hit too much head for just disney+

• 2 weeks later...

Studio Ghibli Films Will Exclusively Stream on Netflix Outside of North America and Japan

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Netflix will add 21 iconic feature films from the beloved Japanese arthouse to its service in monthly waves, with the first set of titles expected to drop on February 1, 2020, for subscribers in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.

Per the report, the release schedule for the Studio Ghibli titles is outlined as follows:

February 1, 2020: Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Only Yesterday, Porco Rosso, Ocean Waves, Tales from Earthsea.

March 1, 2020: Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbors the Yamadas, Spirited Away, The Cat Returns, Arrietty, The Tale of The Princess Kaguya.

April 1, 2020: Pom Poko, Whisper of the Heart, Howl's Moving Castle, Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea, From Up on Poppy Hill, The Wind Rises, When Marnie Was There.

As part of the landmark deal, Netflix will provide subtitles in 28 languages for the catalogue of films, and dub them in up to 20 languages.

Holy sh*t! :wOOtjumpy:

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Great. Now to commemorate - increase the quality of Hotstar to that of actual US Disney+ or at least to Netflix standards, including things like native 4k support, DOLBY ATMOS support etc., along with things like better UI, better searches, recommendations and watch history. Oh and proper app support on all screens without crashes, no video compression etc. Download support not necessary, but would be appreciated Since they are going to be increasing the price, they should do all these as well. 

Edited by roun90