Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

5 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

I think its time to get a Hotstar sub. They are gonna up the price soon I would imagine. 

5 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Have it till june, can we stack up subscription?

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Same. Does Hotstar stack?

Iger declined to share specifics about how much the company would charge for Disney+ featuring Hotstar, but he said it will bring “two primary products” into India.

“One will be more premium in nature that will include the entire library of original programming and the other one will be more basic that will have the library and not the original programming priced for the market and launched at a very peak period of time for the IPL, the Cricket League,” he said.

Hotstar has premium and VIP sub today, I am guessing they will introduce a third one which will have disney+ originals, and premium will continue to get the normal content(which is already a lot) 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Outlook said:

Hotstar Disney + is now live :wOOtjumpy:

Took a look at the catalog. There's nothing much in there that interests me at the moment.

The Clone Wars show is weirdly absent. That would probably have made me subscribe.

The annual sub still costs 999rs though. So that's good.

Mandalorian and other Disney+ content are there on Hotstar. No separate sub for Disney+ content and all English versions can be accessed with 999 Rs Premium subs (Local language dub only content on VIP subs). Also, no improvement in video player quality, 4k support, Dolby Vision/Atmos support or anything else. So if you want 4k, better hope your TV does a good job of upscaling content. Hotstar watermark is also still there as a badge of pride.

3 hours ago, roun90 said:

Mandalorian and other Disney+ content are there on Hotstar. No separate sub for Disney+ content and all English versions can be accessed with 999 Rs Premium subs (Local language dub only content on VIP subs). Also, no improvement in video player quality, 4k support, Dolby Vision/Atmos support or anything else. So if you want 4k, better hope your TV does a good job of upscaling content. Hotstar watermark is also still there as a badge of pride.

The watermarks annoy the f**k out of me. Its especially a nuisance if using an OLED.

23 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

If you thought Hotstar is bad on TV as an app, try having a setup where your only option is watching on a computer. Doesn't even have a fking app for Windows and the browser player is atrocious. 

The app itself runs decent enough now. Its the watermarks that annoy me.

Its definitely not as bad as the Tata Sky Watermarks though :/

Just now, dante77 said:

Its kinda weird, The Mandalorian is there in mobile app but when I searched for it on the browser, it didn't show up. Had to put it on watch list, then refresh and then it showed up on my watch list. 

Hotstar is not stable at the moment I think. Browser did not open properly this evening. And when I tried Mandalorian Episode 1 at the TV app, only the beautiful Hotstar Watermark was displayed with sound of the episode on the background (Yeah we all love the Watermark Hotstar, don't worry). Had to play episode 2, then come back to episode 1. Along with that, even text on the TV app was not proper.