Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

2 hours ago, silentassassin said:

I watched Rogue One on Jio Cinema :lol: 

Even Force Awakens is in Jio Cinema. 

Jio Cinema has an exclusive disney section.. 

The streaming on it is real bad though too much buffering even on a 200 mbps connection. 

All Disney+ titles gone from Hotstar. Hotstar says yesterday was just beta test for launch on March 29th.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thehindu.com/entertainment/movies/hotstar-removes-disney-content-from-website-says-it-was-testing-beta-version-in-india/article31047983.ece/amp/

So it might be too early to give praise to Hotstar. They might still charge extra for Disney content.

The Rise of Skywalker available on digital platforms but not on Disney+. 

The Rise of Skywalker will not be streaming on Disney Plus either today or Tuesday. A Lucasfilm representative told The Verge there is no update on a Disney Plus streaming date at this time.

Hotstar seems to have added live Channels to android tv as well so all star Channels are now available which was only in Mobile earlier 
It was available for very long time. I watch football in Hotstar app.

So I am having an issue with Netflix on my Sony Android TV. All the shows work fine, 4k or 1080p as per availablity on my 150mbps connection. But when I stream Friends, it streams at around 360-480p. 

Sometimes one of the episodes loads like others 10-20-99% and gives full quality otherwise it's 1-2-3-10-100% and I get less quality. This seems like a latency issue but seems bizzare that it's only happening with Friends. Does anyone else experience this? I don't think Netflix would have caches just Friends on a whole different server.

1 hour ago, Infamous said:
3 hours ago, DinJo said:
Hotstar seems to have added live Channels to android tv as well so all star Channels are now available which was only in Mobile earlier 

It was available for very long time. I watch football in Hotstar app.

It wasn't available until now only in Mobile and was not streamable to tv 

On 3/18/2020 at 8:50 PM, kunjanp said:

So I am having an issue with Netflix on my Sony Android TV. All the shows work fine, 4k or 1080p as per availablity on my 150mbps connection. But when I stream Friends, it streams at around 360-480p. 

Sometimes one of the episodes loads like others 10-20-99% and gives full quality otherwise it's 1-2-3-10-100% and I get less quality. This seems like a latency issue but seems bizzare that it's only happening with Friends. Does anyone else experience this? I don't think Netflix would have caches just Friends on a whole different server.

Yeah. Happening with me as well. Suddenly streaming quality drops from 4k to 720p or lower. I am on a 500 mbps connection. Never ever happened before. 

Looks like they are optimizing bitrate and even resolution like in Europe. 

45 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. Happening with me as well. Suddenly streaming quality drops from 4k to 720p or lower. I am on a 500 mbps connection. Never ever happened before. 

Looks like they are optimizing bitrate and even resolution like in Europe. 

Started happening way before.

Only happening with Friends, not any other shows.

Edited by kunjanp

Netflix, Amazon and Youtube. All three have reduced their quality because the European Union's Industry chief asked them to do so to prevent traffic overload. 

They want to keep the bandwidth free and avoid any potential hiccups in their infrastructure, streaming services didn't make this decision by their own self.

12 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

Netflix, Amazon and Youtube. All three have reduced their quality because the European Union's Industry chief asked them to do so to prevent traffic overload. 

They want to keep the bandwidth free and avoid any potential hiccups in their infrastructure, streaming services didn't make this decision by their own self.

Youtube as well? :huh: