Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

2 hours ago, achilles said:

Hotstar's finally got 5.1? Since when? I've been avoiding watching Hotstar content just because of crappy audio. 

I just saw avengers for couple of mins, receiver was deciding it as surround sound, so I am guessing it is 5.1.

2 hours ago, The Panda said:

HDR and Dolby Atmos as well but only for Disney+ content I think.

No HDR or Dolby Atmos. 

Ducktales, TaleSpin & Aladdin in Hindi would be dope! Man the memories. I used to VCR those shows every single day, including Jungle Book, Small Wonder & TMNT, and the one to rule them all: Tom & Jerry. 

17 hours ago, AtheK said:

I just saw avengers for couple of mins, receiver was deciding it as surround sound, so I am guessing it is 5.1.

Superb. Cosmos tonight then. 

40 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I have never watched any episode of star wars. Do we have to watch the other series first?

You don't need to watch anything else to understand the story, but there are some cool nods and references. For eg seeing who's Mando's bounty is at the end of first episode, that effect is completely lost if you don't know who it is from the movies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I have never watched any episode of star wars. Do we have to watch the other series first?

My wife literally fell asleep watching Star Wars episode 7 in the theater, the only Star Wars she "saw". She loved this though.

There isnt much carry over, you will be fine. Its like a western set in space. Closest thing I can think of is Firefly. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Getting terrible bitrates on Netflix, 4k is topped at 7.6 mbps and not getting 4k on Amazon. Thought the rationing was only for mobile networks. 

Exactly, everything looks like 480p pixelated sh*t on Netflix when I watch on my 4k tv while it's relatively much better on 1080p/2k screens of phone and laptop. I think they have put in a max bandwidth for each stream, so 1080p ones obviously get more bit rate.

• Thanks 1

Getting terrible bitrates on Netflix, 4k is topped at 7.6 mbps and not getting 4k on Amazon. Thought the rationing was only for mobile networks. 
Same. However, PQ still looks fine. But in Prime PQ has definitely degraded. In some videos I am sure not even 1080p is playing properly.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Same. However, PQ still looks fine. But in Prime PQ has definitely degraded. In some videos I am sure not even 1080p is playing properly.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Maximus said:

Been the case for 2 weeks now. 4k is maxed at 7.6 MBps. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Same here. Earlier it was Netflix, but now Prime has degraded a lot. Not even HD sometimes.