Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

Mera toh bhai load hi nahi ho raha. No idea why. Netflix staff is clueless. Tried on chrome,ff n edge

See if you can change MTU value to 1454. I had issues loading some sites with BSNL few years ago, and after some troubleshooting, I was able to resolve by changing the MTU settings in my router. The same value may not work for you tho...

I think you change resolution settings in your account settings via the web browser. Then use Smartflix to just play content and it should load up in whatever settings you set in your account earlier.

At least thats how its working for me. Smartflix really is great, might even pay for it when it launches.

These controls work on every browser including smartflix and the windows netflix app.

CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+S - You can override the Audio & Video bitrate (higher the better). Also the server (CDN)

CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+D - Shows you an overlay of the audio & video bitrates, resolution, framerate etc

Also you can right click on movies and tv shows in smartflix to play trailers and specific episodes.

Yes - every company offers their version of this training. I typically say that I should go and bathe in the Ganga after I have responded to an RFP - there should be a limit to the number of lies that a person can tell per day.

Word.

Some members use proxies or “unblockers” to access titles available outside their territory. To address this, we employ the same or similar measures other firms do. This technology continues to evolve and we are evolving with it. That means in coming weeks, those using proxies and unblockers will only be able to access the service in the country where they currently are. We are confident this change won’t impact members not using proxies.

Source: https://media.netflix.com/en/company-blog/evolving-proxy-detection-as-a-global-service

Netflix is going to lose a LOT of subscribers.

They face pressure from other media companies that have exclusive rights to certain movies and shows in that territory. If they don't restrict easy access to shows they don't have the rights for in a territory, they can be sued by these media companies.

I am not using any proxies now, but the content which is there presently is not enough to justify 650 INR per month for too long. I may continue for another month after the free month is over, then will have to take a call, specially when all series will resume their broadcast from mid Feb onwards and wife watches more content on hotstar app than netflix

I am not using any proxies now, but the content which is there presently is not enough to justify 650 INR per month for too long. I may continue for another month after the free month is over, then will have to take a call, specially when all series will resume their broadcast from mid Feb onwards and wife watches more content on hotstar app than netflix

Why don't you get a new Brazil Netflix account, then watch it without a proxy for the Indian content? Rs. ~325 per month.