Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

more then the PQ i have noticed the sound to be better/louder from native webos App while playing on my Denon receiver.

Yeah, that's true as well. Fire stick and other boxes keep mucking up sound. Many times, they send stereo sound (either coming originally from app, or they downmix it to stereo) after wrapping it in a 5.1 DD/DD+ wrapper to the AVR.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lithuvien said:

Does anyone here use Apple TV? If yes, how is the content? 

I assume you're talking about the streaming service, Apple TV+ 

@Bird Bird Bird is more qualified, he's watched quite a bit already, but its honestly worth it. Its 100 bucks a month, so its very cheap.

Ted Lasso and Defending Jacob are fantastic shows. I'd recommend getting a month, and continue if you like it. 

The only downside is that-  1. My TV doesn't have the app, so I watched it on my monitor. Not a big issue.

2. Limited catalogue. But thats more of a Quality>Quantity situation. So no real cons tbh.

2 hours ago, lithuvien said:

Does anyone here use Apple TV? If yes, how is the content? 

Just now, Chirag2001 said:

I assume you're talking about the streaming service, Apple TV+ 

@Bird Bird Bird is more qualified, he's watched quite a bit already, but its honestly worth it. Its 100 bucks a month, so its very cheap.

Ted Lasso and Defending Jacob are fantastic shows. I'd recommend getting a month, and continue if you like it. 

The only downside is that-  1. My TV doesn't have the app, so I watched it on my monitor. Not a big issue.

2. Limited catalogue. But thats more of a Quality>Quantity situation. So no real cons tbh.

If it's about ATV+, great catalog. Almost all shows are above average, and some are real gems - The Morning Show, Ted Lasso, Defending Jacob, Trying, Greyhound, Tehran, Mythic Quest etc. 

The streaming quality on 4k HDR is better than Netflix.