Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

Got 4K fire stick today. Hotstar 4K HDR content works fine. But prime content is weird. In the native app, only 4K works, HDR doesn't show up. If you download prime video app, HDR works but only full HD. What's happening?

8 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Got 4K fire stick today. Hotstar 4K HDR content works fine. But prime content is weird. In the native app, only 4K works, HDR doesn't show up. If you download prime video app, HDR works but only full HD. What's happening?

Just check the settings once. The 4k FS is natively set to ALWAYS HDR rather than adaptive. Hence in HDR TVs, even the FS pages are in HDR. :rofl:

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Just check the settings once. The 4k FS is natively set to ALWAYS HDR rather than adaptive. Hence in HDR TVs, even the FS pages are in HDR. :rofl:

Yes I changed to adaptive at the beginning itself. Prime video app plays supported content in full hd hdr and same content via FS pages plays in 4K but without HDR.

13 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Yes I changed to adaptive at the beginning itself. Prime video app plays supported content in full hd hdr and same content via FS pages plays in 4K but without HDR.

Weird.

I'll check in a bit. Don't use FS often, so honestly don't know. 

• 1 month later...

Anyone using Apple TV what makes it better than say the fire tv 4K stick? 

massive price difference between the two I know. One thing I can think of is the ability to play Apple Arcade games but that’s meaningless to me. Have the iPhone and iPad for those. Are the apps better? Plex 4K HDR works fine?

3 hours ago, DinJo said:

Plex 4k hdr works very well with fire stick 4k. 

Would not recommend Apple TV for these needs. 

Plex I can live without because = Infuse :wub:

That connects to Plex on the PC and streams flawlessly. Would pay every single day if they allow. Love it to bits. 

Any other improvements on the PQ front? I don’t have a HT as such. Just a 2.1 soundbar. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Typo

29 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Don't really see much difference in PQ unless you looking very closely 

Thanks then 19k saved :naughty:

I saw some articles about Apple TV not supporting HDR on YouTube. Dunno if that’s already fixed. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Typo

• 3 weeks later...