Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

1 minute ago, HundredProofSam said:

High enough that it’s not worth it but low enough for us to say “screw it, I subscribe to 5 already. What’s one more”

Is that including Ullu app? 

Screenshot-20210514-104041-Nova-Launcher

4 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Pleasure is priceless. 

Ullu banate hain logo ko.

Netflix is expensive sh*t to be honest , need to get someone to share 

4 hours ago, HundredProofSam said:

High enough that it’s not worth it but low enough for us to say “screw it, I subscribe to 5 already. What’s one more”

Got Max from AT&T tie up but hardly watching the app is slugish 

1 minute ago, DinJo said:

Ullu banate hain logo ko.

Got Max from AT&T tie up but hardly watching the app is slugish 

Never share. STDs are still a thing. 

I meant standard def. BC har baar double meaning nikalta hai. 

Edited by Jigsaw
Update
  • Haha 1

On 5/14/2021 at 7:05 AM, Jigsaw said:

Longer app support yes. And the fire stick remote is just so good and sturdy. I've dropped mine countless times. 

Also the fire stick 4k does direct play hdr in plex. No transcoding BS even at bitrates in excess of 85mbps. That alone nails it for me. 

Not sure what you're using your 'sturdy' remote for, seems a lil too much considering the 4K one costs 10K/-

I don't use Plex either, and have never really looked at numbers beyond the resolution tbh

On 5/14/2021 at 3:34 PM, DinJo said:

Damn right. I want to enjoy my sh*t in the best possible quality, but 800 bucks a month is a lil excessive. Luckily I'm sharing with my society friends, and it comes down to 200 each.

Which is the same cost as the cheapest plan. big win.

Edited by North
f**king spelling error

1 minute ago, North said:

Not sure what you're using your 'study' remote for, seems a lil too much considering the 4K one costs 10K/-

I don't use Plex either, and have never really looked at numbers beyond the resolution tbh

4k is 5999/- bro. Mostly 3999/- during the frequent sales on Amazon. 

study remote kya hota hai? Some new age lingo for pee pee?

18 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Huh? Fire stick 4k goes for like 4,000 in sales. 

Also, you don't know Jiggy or what? 4k bucks is breakfast for him. 

That’s not the point. The 4K stick does a darned incredible job of handing high bitrate rips :chair:

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Do you really think he would purchase in sales? Jab tak full mrp na de de maza kaha. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

4k is 5999/- bro. Mostly 3999/- during the frequent sales on Amazon. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Do you really think he would purchase in sales? Jab tak full mrp na de de maza kaha. 

thanks, that makes sense. I'll pick up one during next sale. my tv has most apps so I didn't bother but not Apple TV+ and SonyLIV.

I had seen price a couple days ago, and it was 10K on amazon for some reason. sorry for the confusion lol

Jiggy bhai ko salaam :majesty:

Make It Rain Money GIF

• 2 months later...

Guys I wanted to sub to Apple TV+ for a couple months to watch Ted Lasso S2, and a few other shows.

But apparently I get 3 months free on purchasing an apple product? I ordered a Macbook Air (it'll show up next week) and an iPhone 11, which has already arrived. 

I ordered the iPhone from Amazon though, will I still get 3 months free? How do I claim it?

I used the free trial last year.

Edited by North

Just now, North said:

Guys I wanted to sub to Apple TV+ for a couple months to watch Ted Lasso S2, and a few other shows.

But apparently I get 3 months free on purchasing an apple product? I ordered a Macbook Air (it'll show up next week) and an iPhone 11, which has already arrived. 

I ordered the iPhone from Amazon though, will I still get 3 months free? How do I claim it?

I think it's free 1 year (or they might have changed policies now). 

The moment you log in your phone/Air, setup ATV, and it should automatically show you the option for a free sub for 3/12 months. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

The moment you log in your phone/Air, setup ATV, and it should automatically show you the option for a free sub for 3/12 months. 

Oh okay, the iPhone 11 is still in the box, haven't set it up yet.

But I cannot claim it to any account then. This will be on my mom's account, since I bought the phone for her. When the Macbook arrives, I can add another 3 months to my own account then?

I wish it was just a voucher, add it to whatever account you'd want....

Hoping these 3 month trials for each device last me enough to watch both Ted Lasso and Foundation (starting September) then.

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

What @Bird Bird Bird said, I got 1 year free with an Ipad Air which I purchased last month and the prompt came up during initial setup. 

14 minutes ago, North said:

I used the free trial last year.

8 minutes ago, North said:

Oh okay, the iPhone 11 is still in the box, haven't set it up yet.

But I cannot claim it to any account then. This will be on my mom's account, since I bought the phone for her. When the Macbook arrives, I can add another 3 months to my own account then?

I wish it was just a voucher, add it to whatever account you'd want....

Hoping these 3 month trials for each device last me enough to watch both Ted Lasso and Foundation (starting September) then.

I've used the free trial too. Doesn't matter. I got a year of ATV free when I got my 12 pro max. Just logged into the app on the phone and it was ready to claim. Now the PS5 also has an additional 6 months that can be clubbed into it. 

If you want to use it, sign in with your apple account on your mom's iphone during setup. Claim the offer and then wipe it and do another setup. Then you can club the extra 3 months from your macbook when it arrives. Another option is I believe to just do apple sharing. You can set it up on one account. Add another account for family sharing and you can use ATV via that.

EDIT: Just noticed my subscription is valid till 2023. If you want just pm me and I can add you to my ATV account for family sharing.

Edited by Alice

2 minutes ago, Alice said:

I've used the free trial too. Doesn't matter. I got a year of ATV free when I got my 12 pro max. Just logged into the app on the phone and it was ready to claim. Now the PS5 also has an additional 6 months that can be clubbed into it. 

If you want to use it, sign in with your apple account on your mom's iphone during setup. Claim the offer and then wipe it and do another setup. Then you can club the extra 3 months from your macbook when it arrives. Another option is I believe to just do apple sharing. You can set it up on one account. Add another account for family sharing and you can use ATV via that.

I don't own a PS5 yet, so cannot claim. Anyway I do want to club the 12+3 months. If I have both going simultaneously, its just a waste of 3 months worth of subscription. 

Not sure how to do this part, but setting the iPhone up with my account, and then wiping it clean and doing it with mom's account, thats quite a lot of work I don't want anything to go wrong.

If I do the Family Sharing, it'll still activate both subs upon set-up, and then I still have two subs ongoing right? 

8 minutes ago, SuperT said:

What @Bird Bird Bird said, I got 1 year free with an Ipad Air which I purchased last month and the prompt came up during initial setup. 

Ahh yes I went and checked. I think I will get 1 year with the iPhone, and 3 months with the Macbook. Makes no sense, they should give 1 year with the Macbook too :P

3 minutes ago, North said:

I don't own a PS5 yet, so cannot claim. Anyway I do want to club the 12+3 months. If I have both going simultaneously, its just a waste of 3 months worth of subscription. 

Not sure how to do this part, but setting the iPhone up with my account, and then wiping it clean and doing it with mom's account, thats quite a lot of work I don't want anything to go wrong.

If I do the Family Sharing, it'll still activate both subs upon set-up, and then I still have two subs ongoing right? 

Ahh yes I went and checked. I think I will get 1 year with the iPhone, and 3 months with the Macbook. Makes no sense, they should give 1 year with the Macbook too :P

I believe if you do activate both on the individual accounts, yes they would overlap.

1 minute ago, North said:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/6/21/22544099/apple-tv-plus-one-year-free-ending-three-months

Amazon's iPhone 11 page still says 1 year, but apparently thats changed?

This makes sense, because I bought Macbook directly from Apple's website, and its only 3 months.

Might have changed.

I guess you missed my edit in my original post. If you want I can just add you in my family sharing plan and you can watch it till 2022/2023 lol.

1 minute ago, Alice said:

I believe if you do activate both on the individual accounts, yes they would overlap.
Might have changed.
I guess you missed my edit in my original post. If you want I can just add you in my family sharing plan and you can watch it till 2022/2023 lol.

Yeah, 3 months only on device purchases now I guess.

Haha thank you! I just checked, you can share with 5 people lmao.

Thanks for offering, I'll def ask you if I need it.