Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

Something I noticed while trying to catch the Money In The Bank PPV is that when watching it via the WWE Network section of Sony LIV, it doesn't run in 50 FPS. But, while watching it from the Replay section of the regular Sony LIV Sports section, it runs at 50 FPS.

This is on the LG CX and is a recent find so, can't say for sure.

12 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

Something I noticed while trying to catch the Money In The Bank PPV is that when watching it via the WWE Network section of Sony LIV, it doesn't run in 50 FPS. But, while watching it from the Replay section of the regular Sony LIV Sports section, it runs at 50 FPS.

This is on the LG CX and is a recent find so, can't say for sure.

Wtf. Will check it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 10:32 PM, Bhpian Bali said:

Primevideo has started this new sh*t of putting movies on rent. I haven't watched top gun yet and they know that people would be watching that before watching the new top gun movie so they have put the old top gun on rent too. 

Just watched Spiderman No way home( what a shite) on netflix which is also on rent on prime since some time now. What are they trying to pull here?

Yes that's shitty. Wanted to watch Us but you have to rent it.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

[RANT]

This has become a sh*t show faster than I'd anticipated.

Out of all the (movie) titles we shortlist on an ongoing basis, hardly any are available on any network.

Out of all networks, only three are really any good with a/v fidelity. 

Title discovery is janky at best. 

The UIs are a mess, and there's no consensus, on any hardware platform.

The Netflix model of mediocrity and high quantity has run its course. 

Most nights, unless pre-decided and pre-checked for availability, the scrolling to find something worthwhile is seemingly endless. That you have to switch between apps to do so is all the more annoying. 

I like the Apple TV+ model of paying minimal monthly, and rent any title available. Except, not all titles are available, and all that are available on TV+ in India are CBFC fvcked over, censored, and include the smoking and other "warnings". Ugh. 

There is no "DVR" functionality replacement for live sports ala Tata Sky with recording. It should be easy to implement.

These guys are still living in the Stone Age. Goddamn dinosaurs. We need what Jobs & co. did for music to be done for a/v. Give me all titles under one roof, make them good quality, and let me rent/buy each one as I want. Fvck your worthless subscriptions. And fvck you.

[/RANT]

• Like 1

How do these timesprime multiple subs in one sub packs work? They are cheap. Is there any catch? Do we have to use their app to watch a specific streaming service say Netflix? 

Let's say I buy from OTT play which is giving me 9 subscription which includes sony Liv and lionsgate play. Do I have to use OTT play app to watch Sony Liv? Or they give us coupon code? Or it's just a fancy scheme of sharing model? 

21 hours ago, achilles said:

[RANT]

This has become a sh*t show faster than I'd anticipated.

Out of all the (movie) titles we shortlist on an ongoing basis, hardly any are available on any network.

Out of all networks, only three are really any good with a/v fidelity. 

Title discovery is janky at best. 

The UIs are a mess, and there's no consensus, on any hardware platform.

The Netflix model of mediocrity and high quantity has run its course. 

Most nights, unless pre-decided and pre-checked for availability, the scrolling to find something worthwhile is seemingly endless. That you have to switch between apps to do so is all the more annoying. 

I like the Apple TV+ model of paying minimal monthly, and rent any title available. Except, not all titles are available, and all that are available on TV+ in India are CBFC fvcked over, censored, and include the smoking and other "warnings". Ugh. 

There is no "DVR" functionality replacement for live sports ala Tata Sky with recording. It should be easy to implement.

These guys are still living in the Stone Age. Goddamn dinosaurs. We need what Jobs & co. did for music to be done for a/v. Give me all titles under one roof, make them good quality, and let me rent/buy each one as I want. Fvck your worthless subscriptions. And fvck you.

[/RANT]

It's just that you have too much of free time use it better than watching TV 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, dante77 said:

Just bought lionsgate play from prime, how do I login to lionsgate app separately? Am I bound to watch only through prime? 

I think only through Prime.

Which is why I stay away from this "channels" business, as much as possible.

For example, the Lionsgate Play channel is on Prime (the one you bought) and also on the Apple TV app.

But, buying the subscription through one of the host apps doesn't give you access on the other. And not even on the native app, IIRC.

54 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

For example, the Lionsgate Play channel is on Prime (the one you bought) and also on the Apple TV app.

But, buying the subscription through one of the host apps doesn't give you access on the other. And not even on the native app, IIRC.

This is such a pathetic way of doing stuff. They are really pushing this sub in sub method that some of the stuff I want to see are behind another sub.

56 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

I think only through Prime.

Which is why I stay away from this "channels" business, as much as possible.

1 minute ago, b!T said:

This is such a pathetic way of doing stuff. They are really pushing this sub in sub method that some of the stuff I want to see are behind another sub.

This sucks :(

12 hours ago, dante77 said:

Just bought lionsgate play from prime, how do I login to lionsgate app separately? Am I bound to watch only through prime? 

Unfortunately no. I've subbed via Apple TV, and can't watch on anything else.