Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

• 2 weeks later...

Amazon prime (Sony's Android app) has been giving me trouble for the past couple of days. Suddenly started showing a loading screen on bootup, shows don't go past HD, even scrubbing through timeline is a pain. 

Is anyone else facing this issue? Is it because of bandwidth cutdown? It's horrendous that it's still going on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, dante77 said:

how do you guys watch Netflix on PC? App or browser? I am watching it on browser for a longtime now with no problem in quality, I remember when I installed windows app video quality was so bad that I couldn't even watch it. Is is better now? 

Windows App is frankly the best right now. Quality is excellent (Originally in browsers you had things like only Edge will do Full HD, all others are limited to 720p, that's gone now I think), but App always gets full video quality. Plus, it's so convenient - just add it to the taskbar and you can just click to start it. No need to keep logging in or anything as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dante77 said:

how do you guys watch Netflix on PC? App or browser? I am watching it on browser for a longtime now with no problem in quality, I remember when I installed windows app video quality was so bad that I couldn't even watch it. Is is better now? 

App supports full 4k resolution, HDR and Dolby Atmos audio. Chrome doesn't support Dolby Atmos and even enabling 5.1 is lot of work. Even HDR isn't supported, at least on my laptop. So I use the app.

Pro tip: You can enable Dolby Atmos (7 day free trial, 834 bucks one time full payment after that) on any windows 10 laptop. It enables awesome sound quality on any good stereo headset. All Dolby Atmos or 5.1 shows sound amazing and even games supporting Atmos or surround sound have amazing sound quality. It works on xbox one too, as it can support 10 devices at once. Dark support Atmos and it sounded amazing. Also games like Gears 5, FH4 etc just blew my mind away with audio quality. Everyone with a windows 10 laptop/desktop or xbox one must try this. There is also a free version called Windows Sonic but it's not as good.

Edited by Big Boss
  • Like 1

I don't know... I bought the Dolby Atmos app for headphones and found the audio quality to be very poor. So I switched back to using my headphones with FiiO dac as is. By the way, try HeSuVi with EqualizerAPO before buying Dolby Atmos. It imitates various virtual surround sound impulse responses.

52 minutes ago, The Panda said:

I don't know... I bought the Dolby Atmos app for headphones and found the audio quality to be very poor. So I switched back to using my headphones with FiiO dac as is. By the way, try HeSuVi with EqualizerAPO before buying Dolby Atmos. It imitates various virtual surround sound impulse responses.

It excels when you actually have Dolby Atmos supported programs like a bunch of them on Netflix or the games like Gears 5, FH4, RE2 etc. They have specific Dolby Atmos tracks which are just amazing. No other virtual surround solution comes even close.

Is Netflix bitrate f**ked again?
Yup. It keeps struggling to show HDR stuff for me. Even 1080p is mostly 2.5mbps. It has become irritating now. Prime shows flawless HDR so these days I am watching more stuff on that.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk