Jump to content

Streaming Services thread


Aftrunner
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Snake said:


They put all the popular movies and stuff under rent or sub. Such aholes :rofl:
 

Jupiter se bade aholes man.

 

I mean now that no way home is available on Netflix they should have made it free on prime video too..

 

Guess good that they have shown us what's gonna happen in the future. 

 

Gotta start :zodka:

 

 

Edited by Bhpian Bali
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Jupiter se bade aholes man.

 

I mean now that no way home is available on Netflix they should have made it free on prime video too..

 

Guess good that they have shown us what's gonna happen in the future. 

 

Gotta start :zodka:

 

 


Dont u mean Uranus??

 

Huehuehue 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Primevideo has started this new sh*t of putting movies on rent. I haven't watched top gun yet and they know that people would be watching that before watching the new top gun movie so they have put the old top gun on rent too. 

 

Just watched Spiderman No way home( what a shite) on netflix which is also on rent on prime since some time now. What are they trying to pull here?

Yup.

Absolutely ridiculous move.

I still opt for prime membership cos I buy lot of stuff from Amazon so prime video is a bonus.

Amazon sometimes surprise me. Ordered an Earpods for my nephew as a gift at 11.30 am. Got delivered at 2 pm. 2.30 hour delivery time is absolutely ridiculously good. I mean one day delivery is going on since ages if you are a prime member but same day delivery and that too within 3 hours is unheard of. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Yup.

Absolutely ridiculous move.

I still opt for prime membership cos I buy lot of stuff from Amazon so prime video is a bonus.

Amazon sometimes surprise me. Ordered an Earpods for my nephew as a gift at 11.30 am. Got delivered at 2 pm. 2.30 hour delivery time is absolutely ridiculously good. I mean one day delivery is going on since ages if you are a prime member but same day delivery and that too within 3 hours is unheard of. 

 

 

No doubt amazon prime is good. I don't expect them to keep giving so much and not charge it is fair enough. But dont pull sh*t like renting an 80s movie as its sequel is out?

 

What next? Put previous seasons of the boys on rent when they release the new season?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

 

 

No doubt amazon prime is good. I don't expect them to keep giving so much and not charge it is fair enough. But dont pull sh*t like renting an 80s movie as its sequel is out?

 

What next? Put previous seasons of the boys on rent when they release the new season?

Would you rather they don't offer the movie at all? 

I mean it's pretty simple there is a set of movies and shows you get for free with the service. There is a whole lot others not available for free streaming. You can rent/buy those on apple TV, youtube, etc. What's wrong prime also giving you that option? 

That's how it has worked in western countries since a long time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Would you rather they don't offer the movie at all? 

I mean it's pretty simple there is a set of movies and shows you get for free with the service. There is a whole lot others not available for free streaming. You can rent/buy those on apple TV, youtube, etc. What's wrong prime also giving you that option? 

That's how it has worked in western countries since a long time. 

 

 

I have watched about 30% of top gun when it was free on prime video. You think it makes sense to put a 36 year old film previously streaming without charge suddenly on rent? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

 

 

I have watched about 30% of top gun when it was free on prime video. You think it makes sense to put a 36 year old film previously streaming without charge suddenly on rent? 

They did it as soon as Top Gun moved out of Netflix. So, ya it's a sh*t move by Amazon prime. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

 

 

I have watched about 30% of top gun when it was free on prime video. You think it makes sense to put a 36 year old film previously streaming without charge suddenly on rent? 

Don't watch it, lol. It's no different than any other movie being removed from a service. Plenty of movies get removed all the time. Lot of Tarantino movies, many Kubrick movies, Trainspotting, etc are not available on any service and they were before. 

It sucks that they're not available anywhere but not unethical or anything. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Don't watch it, lol. It's no different than any other movie being removed from a service. Plenty of movies get removed all the time. Lot of Tarantino movies, many Kubrick movies, Trainspotting, etc are not available on any service and they were before. 

It sucks that they're not available anywhere but not unethical or anything. 

 

 

Jaisa raj waisi praja. :majesty:

 

 

But yeah it is a meaningless rant from my side as it is not gonna make any difference in Amazon's policy. Well rants on any social media site is meaningless. 

Edited by Bhpian Bali
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Considering that one can get Prime free with many mobile/broadband/card offers, or even the paid cost isn't high (IIRC it was 1299, but I have never paid for it) - you basically get absolutely free 1 day/2 day/same day shipping for most items, I am not surprised they are renting more movies. Original programming also costs money - and Prime does have decent shows in it's kitty. 

I was surprised with the move as well, but in the end, it's business. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My main issue with streaming services is that a lot of Tom DIck and Harrys have started their own "streaming" services. Since they don't have the infrastructure yet, their main market remains confined to one / very few geographies

Now quite a few shows that I used to watch are no longer available on Prime / Netflix and I cant even subscribe to these new services since they are not available here. 

Case in Point - Star Trek is now available only on the new streaming, which is not world wide., Given how incredibly popular Star Trek is, this move baffles me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, lithuvien said:

My main issue with streaming services is that a lot of Tom DIck and Harrys have started their own "streaming" services. Since they don't have the infrastructure yet, their main market remains confined to one / very few geographies

Now quite a few shows that I used to watch are no longer available on Prime / Netflix and I cant even subscribe to these new services since they are not available here. 

Case in Point - Star Trek is now available only on the new streaming, which is not world wide., Given how incredibly popular Star Trek is, this move baffles me

 

Here's something else in the baffling space - even supposedly established players like Voot, backed by big conglomerates, having enough money to pay 25K crores for IPL streaming rights dont have infrastructure to stream above 480P

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

 

Here's something else in the baffling space - even supposedly established players like Voot, backed by big conglomerates, having enough money to pay 25K crores for IPL streaming rights dont have infrastructure to stream above 480P

 

 

Streaming infrastructure needs brains and money. IF you have only money, then there will be issues :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, lithuvien said:

My main issue with streaming services is that a lot of Tom DIck and Harrys have started their own "streaming" services. Since they don't have the infrastructure yet, their main market remains confined to one / very few geographies

Now quite a few shows that I used to watch are no longer available on Prime / Netflix and I cant even subscribe to these new services since they are not available here. 

Case in Point - Star Trek is now available only on the new streaming, which is not world wide., Given how incredibly popular Star Trek is, this move baffles me


Which Star Trek??

 

 The original, TNG , DS9 and voyager are on Netflix iirc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, lithuvien said:

The one with Michelle Yeoh

 

7 minutes ago, b!T said:

 

Discovery.


Itll show up on discovery in Netflix sooner or later

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Guys with lg smart tv, is the sony liv app streaming matches at 50 fps? It doesn't seem like that for me. It runs on chrome browser at 50 fps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Big Boss said:

Guys with lg smart tv, is the sony liv app streaming matches at 50 fps? It doesn't seem like that for me. It runs on chrome browser at 50 fps.

It used to in fire stick but seems like something is broken and i have been chasing them since last 1 month to fix it. On my android tv it works very well with 50 FPS 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...