Streaming Services thread

Aftrunner

guys add hola vpn for chrome from chrome store once installed open da hola web page and unblock netflix and login with ur indian account u r done. For tab/smartphone install hola app and launch netflix from hola app.

1_zpslcee6urc.png

2_zpsqlwt5yyi.png

Capture_zpsokndmf0r.png

Fro browser VPN, use zenmate extension in chrome, its safe and has the best speeds.

Alternatively you can use the DNS's posted above also (might not be safe using unknown dns on PC)

IF you have a Smart TV, Console or media player with Netflix app, Just change the DNS settings and boom you have US Netflix.(safe)

Edited by zibalingz

Be careful with that dns though. You are setting yourself up for some surprises if using it for everything. I add it to the dnsmasq configuration in my router to use it only for netflix (and few other phoren streaming media sites)

• Like 1

Be careful with that dns though. You are setting yourself up for some surprises if using it for everything. I add it to the dnsmasq configuration in my router to use it only for netflix (and few other phoren streaming media sites)

What happens if you use it for everything? Also how do you change DNS just for Netflix? Thanks in advance for the help.

Also regarding lack of content in India, it seems Netflix licensed it's shows to other providers in the country and is therefor unable to include it here. But they are getting it back and will be including those shows here soon according to their CEO. Efforts in this direction is why we got Orange is the New Black here (although it was displayed first here in Colours Infinity I think). Similarly, I am assuming we might have to wait for some channel to display House of Cards before Netflix has it.

Source: http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/tech-news-technology/cant-see-house-of-cards-on-netflix-india-here-is-why/

Edited by roun90

What's the best way for region unlock?

1. Use something like unlocator, unblock us? (that means pay)

2. DNSMasq? (that means i have to install custom software on my router, right?

dnsmasq is in addition to unlocator/unblock-us etc. Unblock-us provides you the dns servers and you use dnsmasq to configure it only for specific services.

Yes, you need to have custom sw on your router (or few may provide a way without custom fw as well)

What happens if you use it for everything? Also how do you change DNS just for Netflix? Thanks in advance for the help.

If upstream dns server gets hacked (or turns malicious intentionally), then you stand to be directed to malicious sites for all of your regular browsing which may include banking/email etc. So it is dangerous.

Even if you leave the danger part, it is less efficient because of two reasons:

1. DNS resolution will be slower as these servers will be low performant and higher latency than your regular dns servers

2. Many services will route you to US servers for getting content instead of your actual location which may have CDN/cache servers to get it to you faster.

For specific usage, read up on dnsmasq configuration. You can do this in your router or if you want to do it for specific computers, then by editing your OS specific files.