Watch Dogs 2

Heaven Angel

Does Amazon deliver the game within a day or two of release in Delhi?

I would subscribe to Prime for the reliability factor.

The game shipping can be delayed for n number of reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

Q5fVMHz.png

• While I still think that the best from Watch Dogs is still to come, Watch Dogs 2 is a solid step up from its predecessor. Getting to be a hacker is phenomenal fun, but the game tends to stumble when it becomes a sub-par third-person shooter. If you’re willing to put up with a story that doesn’t always jive with the light-hearted feel of its characters, then you’ll experience one of the most interesting open-world games in years.
  • Oh, and Windows 10 decided to update when I finished this review the first time, deleting everything I did and making it so I had to rewrite this two hours before embargo. DedSec, is that you? 8.5 is a great score, please never touch my computer again.
  • The missions are varied and intense, and the characters provide plenty of great moments. If you’re craving a game with a gorgeous, busy and unique open world, this is the game for you.
  • Watch Dogs 2 might very well be the best open world game of 2016. It offers ton of content, different ways to complete missions and brilliant visuals. If you are a fan of open world games, you should be playing Watch Dogs 2. Period.
  • When all was said and done, I was left pleasantly content with what Ubisoft Montreal had accomplished in the two years since the first entry’s release. They managed to retain that core ambition that they had the first time around, but adjusted quite well to the criticisms levied against their project.
  • With a wealth of gameplay options and a welcome degree of freedom, Watch Dogs 2 is a stellar entry in Ubisoft’s open-world hacking franchise. Minor technical and narrative concerns aside, there’s no reason for you not to check out one of the better games of this year.
  • With an emphasis on choosing your own playstyle, and a colorful city and cast of characters, Watch Dogs 2 stands out from the crowd in a holiday season that’s packed full of shooters, but strangely devoid of open-world games.
  • This is the game the original Watch Dogs should have been in many ways, and while it may still have more to learn, it’s hard to say that Watch Dogs 2 is anything but a success, and proof that Ubisoft can learn from their mistakes.
  • It’s still lacking a certain je ne sais quoi, but this is a definite improvement on the first game and a serious alternative to GTA V.
  • I’m genuinely surprised with how much I adore Watch Dogs 2’s world. Its satire works because it is always punching up, never down. As such, Watch Dogs 2 feels like it’s making a statement.
  • Watch Dogs 2 does a great job of demonstrating the potential perils of a too-connected world and improves upon the first game in multiple ways. This is not a guns over brains game - there is an interesting topic at play here about our society's dependence on technology and Ubisoft deserves credit for exploring this theme. The characters and narrative are leaps and bounds more engaging than the revenge tale the original game tried to paint.

The game is good. qTth6b3.png

Wait for sale.

Looks like this is one to avoid. Most of these 9/10 reviews are the same ones that gave the first game 9/10 and 8/10. Also the same people who give call of Duty, fifa, etc 9/10 every year. Most of the reviewers are too scared to actually tell what they feel about the game.

Can't piss off the big companies otherwise no more invites to special events, no five star luxury hotel accommodations, no vacations, etc.

Looks like this is one to avoid. Most of these 9/10 reviews are the same ones that gave the first game 9/10 and 8/10. Also the same people who give call of Duty, fifa, etc 9/10 every year. Most of the reviewers are too scared to actually tell what they feel about the game.

Can't piss off the big companies otherwise no more invites to special events, no five star luxury hotel accommodations, no vacations, etc.

That can be applied to pretty much everything then.

That can be applied to pretty much everything then.

Yes.

There are a few reviews that do say story and gameplay are bland. From what I've seen, this feels like a 6/10 game which is decent enough when it goes on sale one year from now with all the patches.

Watch Dogs 1 was so bad that this game being better than it doesn't mean much. That game had horrible performance on PC and story was terrible and gameplay was so repetitive and boring.

I don't know where all the 9/10 reviews are coming from. No way this game is anywhere close to GTA V in quality. Surprised IGN didn't give it a 9/10. Also what the hell is up with review in progress system ? Review in progress makes sense for mmorpgs, and multiplayer focused games but why single player games?

Perhaps it is? You just have to try it yourself and see. IGN review is not complete. So don't be surprised when they give 8+. It's in progress just like Gamespot.

At end of the day, reviews are personal opinion and liking. Just because one gets 9 or 10 doesn't mean it's for everyone. For me, GTA V is nothing but a 7.

As per review in progress system, it's subtle way to let everyone know they are reviewing the game. It also helps to keep the traffic going for their business/site without delaying their review for long.

Second, the game has online features. However, Ubisoft has disabled their online servers for now, which is making few reviewers to hold their final verdict.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If a game gets good reviews against personal expectations, paid review.

If it gets poor reviews, deride the whole industry for being stuck in a rut.

I would suggest you petition Technical Guruji to review the game, if that placates you great, if it does not better find a new hobby.

Archived