Titanfall 2

Heaven Angel

@R3D_D3ViL

TF game-play is heavily dependent on "pilot" (Player) movement and parkour. It's not run and gun like COD. Or squad-driven/strategy-driven like BF. Game has those elements of-course, but principally it's Big Mechs and Pilot movements.

There is a reason why player in titanfall is called "Pilot", not just because player controls A big Mech/Titan, but movement mechanics and parkour allow player to move extremely fast.

- long wall-runs with wall-to-wall jumps

- Bunny hopping

- Air strafing

Combine above 3 and you could move supremely fast in huge maps.

This movement was(is) plus point of TF, and on the other side it's downer also. More than 70%-90% players (assumption based on whatever TF1 I have played on PC since it's launch) do not know how to bunny-hop and air strafe in game (it might have been easy with controller, don't know). Because it takes some time to master/properly-do above things in game. Peeps who were able to do those properly, they owned the match.

And this was the same reason many new-to-TF (and some old as well) players started ranting during pre-alpha of TF2 that Movement is very slow and maps are huge etc etc ... Yes, there are many changes in game-play compared to TF1, but the essence is still the same, Pilot movements and Titans.

Just to state a small example on movements and parkour ... check out below 2 clips

Attrition game-play - none to partial use of pilot movements and parkour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srsuaPvuOvs

CTF gameplay - full use of pilot movements and parkour.

In my opinion there is no comparison between TF and BF. They both are shooters yes, but they cannot be compared based on game-play. Both games are distinct and they both deserve to played. And as someone stated earlier, PC player base for BF1 will always be big compared to TF2 for MP. So if your motive is to play MP regularly, BF1 is superb. I am not a good or seasoned BF player, but I can say with confidence that it's very good game. The grandeur of 64-player multiplayer game-play in World War 1 theme and extremely carefully designed weapons and vehicles. It's indeed very good.

Edited by KJD
  • Like 1

That was nicely put together.

Yes, i can gather that that both Battlefield and Titanfall are differently designed MP with dynamics unique to each of them.

What I was concerned more was with the kind of 'Value' each title brought forward with the limited resources one can invest (read Time and Money).

Both are good in their own right but Battlefield seems to be a better choice at least based on the longevity it can provide MP wise.

It is sad that the Titanfall 2 gets judged due to its predecessors lack of content and empty servers on PC inspite of getting very good reviews as of now.

Looking forward to playing both of them though.

That was nicely put together.

Yes, i can gather that that both Battlefield and Titanfall are differently designed MP with dynamics unique to each of them.

What I was concerned more was with the kind of 'Value' each title brought forward with the limited resources one can invest (read Time and Money).

Both are good in their own right but Battlefield seems to be a better choice at least based on the longevity it can provide MP wise.

It is sad that the Titanfall 2 gets judged due to its predecessors lack of content and empty servers on PC inspite of getting very good reviews as of now.

Looking forward to playing both of them though.

Yes, Value-wise BF1 is better for Indian region. TF1 player base was non-existent after 2-3 months locally. But SE Asian and EU servers had players playing it on PC pretty much all the time. But again, it was limited to some game modes only. I used to play TF1 at-least 5-6 hours a week for entire year. TF2 SP is superb. That will attract some crowd. Already played yesterday for 1-2 hours. Still to play MP. What I feel is, for TF2, PC player-base will be greater than TF1, but not as good compared to BF1.

Get BF1 now. There is black-friday/cyber-monday coming. It is very likely that either of the games will get some promotional offer. Get another during that time. For initial 6 months, maps and DLC stuff will keep on releasing TF2 as well. And standard version will receive some discount as well, if sale is not as expected. So peeps will dive in whenever something new comes. So you can expect semi-good to good numbers playing the game at least in SE Asia region. EU will have good player-base always. But yes, EU -> >200 ping.

SP: So good. Guess they really took feedback to heart. I like the bromance building up between the titan and the pilot. Most directors would have made the titan more emotional or snarky or some other human trait, but the voice acting for BT is more... "Terminator-esque". And yes, gameplay is also good. Good distribution of parkour, firefights, and mayhem in the Titan. Wish there were more grunts to kill though. I'd recommend playing it on Hard. AI isn't very intelligent.

MP: Seems Bounty mode is most popular, which is fine since it seems to be a mix of modes. I really don't know why the developers put in 9 modes when every MP I have played seems to have players aggregate towards three modes in the end. So much wasted development time. I did find it a wee bit slower in pace that TF1 MP.

Also, bonus content for BF1 players, but no loyalty bonus for TF1 players? Boo!

That is some high praise from EG.

the one constant that ran through my mind as I played was 'this is like a Nintendo game'. Or, should that be, a Nintendo game developed by the hands and minds behind Call Of Duty at its finest. Like the best Mario games, Titanfall 2 picks a trick, themes an entire level around it, and then drops it the second it threatens to become overfamiliar. And just like Mario, it's all backed up by those rock-solid fundamentals that mean when you are just in firefights, or are asked to navigate a chasm using wall-running, everything feels nigh-on flawless.

Never thought I'd say this, but Northstar is growing on me...........dat sniper weapon. got so many pilots with that and titans too.

The movement being changed from the alpha has turned the game around for me.Just need a few more players on the PC and this will be a riot.