Titanfall 2

Heaven Angel

EA arent the only ones to blame. The beta was a disaster and almost certainly hurt the game massively.

Zero marketing for TF2. First game received massive marketing push from MS, but this time there was hardly any kind of marketing for TF2 from EA or MS.

There's a dedicated store tab for BF1 on Xbox store and PSN store, but nothing for TF2.

EA wants TF2 to fail coz they want Respawn to work on Star wars games forever lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

Yes. EA who are taking 70% of the money from sales of Titanfall want Titanfall to fail. Because of a game that isnt even close to releasing for another 3 years.

People like you are the reason why there is an anti vaccine movement, flat earth conspiracy, 9-11 truthers etc etc. :doh:

Edit Just for shits and giggles-

EA planning on publishing more Titanfall games for "many, many years to come"

"I think one thing to remember, it gets lost I think on a big AAA title like Titanfall. We are working with Respawn to build a franchise. This is something that we plan to be working with them on for many, many years to come, and there's huge opportunity inside of that franchise to continue to expand it. And so part of the strategy of building a franchise is you have a long view. You think about the business differently than you might an existing franchise like a FIFA or a Madden. And what that means is we're looking for ways to not fragment the player base early, but to include as everybody as possible and as we can to continue to build that franchise. We think that's the right strategy for a product like Titanfall. And more to come as we learn more, but that's the reason that we chose to go the route we went."

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4017932-electronic-arts-ea-q2-2017-results-earnings-call-transcript?part=single

Edited by Aftrunner
  • Like 3

Yes. EA who are taking 70% of the money from sales of Titanfall want Titanfall to fail. Because of a game that isnt even close to releasing for another 3 years.

Faaltu dialogue baaji karney se kuch nahi hoga.

Why EA was not promoting it like BF1 and why they released it so close to Cod and BF1? Why not give TF2 breathing room? Ye sab jaan pooch kar kiya EA ne. For EA star wars >> TF

Poor Titanfall 2 Sales Are Entirely On EA

http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/poor-titanfall-2-sales-ea/

Research firm Cowen & Company have reported this week that Titanfall 2 sales have been well below forecasted figures, with initial projections of 9 million units apparently no longer realistic. Despite Respawn Entertainments efforts to rectify the original Titanfalls shortcomings by incorporating a more fleshed out single player experience, the sequel title is now projected to record a 50% drop in unit sales over its predecessor. And that is very bad news. In fact, its an unsustainable downward trend, and merely weeks after its big launch, theres now a rather grim shadow of doubt about the future of the franchise.

Great article

It was outsold by Skyrim remaster in UK on launch date :/

Week 43, 2016] 04 (NE) TITANFALL 2 (ELECTRONIC ARTS) < 52,000

Xbox One (57%) < 30,000

PlayStation 4 (41%) < 21,000

PC (2%) < 1,000

[Week 11, 2014] XBO TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 118,000 / NEW

[Week 11, 2014] PC TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 7,000 / NEW

[Week 15, 2014] 360 TITANFALL (ELECTRONIC ARTS) - 28,000 / NEW

Edited by WhiteWolf

Why EA was not promoting it like BF1 and why they released it so close to Cod and BF1? Why not give TF2 breathing room? Ye sab jaan pooch kar kiya EA ne. For EA star wars >> TF

Poor Titanfall 2 Sales Are Entirely On EA

http://wegotthiscovered.com/gaming/poor-titanfall-2-sales-ea/

Great article

It was outsold by Skyrim remaster in UK on launch date :/

How does Star Wars being more important have anything to do with Titanfall? :doh:

Why wouldn't they want both their games,star wars and titanfall, to sell?

Can anyone here name one successful EA partners game?

Crysis - Good reviews but poor sales

Bulletstorm - Great reviews but poor sales

Same happened with TF now. Pretty sure there are few more.

Sach4life

Respawn is also working on SW game now and pretty sure they want entire Respawn behind new SW game now lol

If they were serious about selling then they should have released it in September or late November when big games are not around. Last year TR got destroyed in sales as it was released against Fallout and this year TF2.

Afty

Nothing to reply? Bas bolti band :lol: You have no answer to why EA released it near BF and COD lol

Its 100% EA's fault. There's nothing wrong with the game

Edited by WhiteWolf

~snip~

So, why have you not bought the game yet if you are concerned about the franchise being thrown under the bus?

Also, since you seem to be in the Pal's battalions for all game related development, promotions and releases, when would you have released this game?

Edited by ALPHA17
  • Like 1

Can anyone here name one successful EA partners game?

Crysis - Good reviews but poor sales

Bulletstorm - Great reviews but poor sales

Same happened with TF now. Pretty sure there are few more.

Sach4life

Respawn is also working on SW game now and pretty sure they want entire Respawn behind new SW game now lol

If they were serious about selling then they should have released it in September or late November when big games are not around. Last year TR got destroyed in sales as it was released against Fallout and this year TF2.

Afty

Nothing to reply? Bas bolti band :lol: You have no answer to why EA released it near BF and COD lol

Its 100% EA's fault. There's nothing wrong with the game

So, basically, they spent money to make the game and now they want this game to fail which would lead to them losing money just so they can force respwan to continue to make the game that they are already making?

Companies make stupid decisions all the time. Every decision doesn't need to have a logical answer. Why did MS release xbox one initially with kinect built in, at $500 and with drm? They deliberately wanted it to fail?

Why did square release TR against fallout 4? They wanted it to fail so that CD can make ff games?

Why did Sony release $600 PS3?

Everything isn't a conspiracy.

Edited by Sach4life

Alpha

I will be getting it for PS4 in few days, par ussey kya farak padega lol.

Seriously I can't believe you are attacking me and defending EA here lol. This is 100% EA's fault.

Sach4life

I seriously doubt we will see new TF game now. No other publisher will publish TF after such poor performance.

Next week Cod IW and MW Remastered together will completely finish it off.

Edited by WhiteWolf

I doubt sales will get better. IW, COD MW and Watch Dogs 2 are releasing in few days with huge marketing campaign and then FF15. I don't expect any major improvement in sales.

People will get TF2 when it's on sale for 15-20$ just like TF1.

Edited by WhiteWolf

I will be getting it for PS4 in few days, par ussey kya farak padega lol.

I hope you will stop crying about sales numbers. Which somehow was not an issue because TITANFALL servers were up till recently on XBox. =/

Seriously I can't believe you are attacking me and defending EA here lol. This is 100% EA's fault.

So, it is EA's fault and how do you plan on fixing it?

Edited by ALPHA17

:rant: why the hell don't gamers pick this game up. It's got effing giant mechs that you can ride in, or ON! Effing BF and COD fans can't imagine playing MP outside their stupid peashooter franchise :rant:

There was no BETA this side of the pond and what is to stop this game going the way of the dodo three months down the line on PC.

Cannot say about the other folks on consoles though.

:rant: why the hell don't gamers pick this game up. It's got effing giant mechs that you can ride in, or ON! Effing BF and COD fans can't imagine playing MP outside their stupid peashooter franchise :rant:

I play battlefield a lot....tried titanfall and it was meh. So BF fans will never buy titanfall...honestly it was never meant for BF fans. EA wants to lure COD fans....they gain nothing by dividing their own playerbase.

Edited by kaka_messi

I said this right when they announced this launch date. Stupidity.

Let's hope NA sales are better and it's one of the top selling games in NA.

TF is genuinely quite unique and different type of shooter compared to other Sci Fi military type shooters imo.

Edited by WhiteWolf