rdsarna

PYRE by Supergiant (The creators of Bastion and Transistor)

At the beginning of the game, your luck has almost run out when several masked wanderers find you and revive you from the brink. With your help, they seek to learn the truth about the Rites, a secretive competition through which the worthiest exiles can return home, absolved of their transgressions. As you journey across the Downside in the wanderers' custom blackwagon, you'll meet a variety of characters of all shapes and sizes, and learn what's in store for each of them should they prevail in the Rites. Your actions will determine who returns to glory, and who remains in exile to the end of their days.

Pyre will be available in 2017. Like Transistor, it will launch simultaneously on Steam and the PlayStation 4.

This game has got my interest. The artstyle is gorgeous, music is heavenly, the characters are diverse and gameplay seems engaging. Seems like a complete package.

That 2017 release date though. Is thing going to be a full $60 game?

Well, none of their games were priced $60, so I don't think this will cost that much.

Will be $20.

I wouldn't be surprised if they bumped it up to $40 if the quality and quantity of the content justifies it.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Without a doubt, it's a BUY!

Great single-player campaign and story, multiplayer is local only but that doesn't stop this from being a huge surprisingly awesome title.

Gamespot - 9/10

THE GOOD

•  Memorable soundtrack with impressive thematic range
  •  Impeccable art direction
  •  Evocative writing brings a diverse cast of characters to life
  •  Expertly blends two unlikely genres
  •  Introduces a new and engaging hybrid sport

THE BAD

•  Multiplayer is limited to offline matches

The bad is not bad for me. Local MP is awesome! 

Archived