Planning to open Gaming Lounge in Jaipur. Help needed!

Hello gamers,

I am planning to open a gaming lounge in Jaipur. It's going to be console-only gaming lounge at first and after receiving first few months of response, I may include PCs too. Initially, I am planning to have 5 PS4s and 2 XBOX One. Interior is planned to be little dark with different colors ambience. There will be tea, coffee vending machine along with cold drinks and chips.

Now, I need some help with my business model.

First, What should be the rate per hour for console gaming? I have seen Rs. 200 for console gaming (per hour). Is it too much for a city like Jaipur? Also, there is a little gaming cafe nearby which charges Rs. 40 for PS4 and XBOX One but sitting arrangement is not good there. There's a not-so-confy chair placed 3 feet from 24" LED.

If I provide recliner single/double seater sofa, 40" LED (maybe 4K), PS4 or XBOX with headphones; Will you come to play at my lounge? Now what should be the ideal rate per hour?

Now a question to those who already run gaming lounge or know about it, What all legal formalities do I need to do for running Gaming lounge with food+refreshments?

IMO, 200 is on higher side considering you already have a competitor nearby. With that difference in price, sitting and other stuff hardly matter. Even if you keep at 120, its 3 times higher than them.

I suggest to keep it low initially to attract customer base and then increase if you're unable to meet the ends. Spend money on good Games & marketing instead of 4K TV and recliner.

IMO, 200 is on higher side considering you already have a competitor nearby. With that difference in price, sitting and other stuff hardly matter. Even if you keep at 120, its 3 times higher than them.

I suggest to keep it low initially to attract customer base and then increase if you're unable to meet the ends. Spend money on good Games & marketing instead of 4K TV and recliner.

Thanks for your feedback. Planning to keep it between Rs. 100-150 now. Along with high-end gaming PCs (10x).

I would suggest to not go all in at start.

Adding gaming PC's and 4k TV's with recliners seems a lot of investment for starting a business you are not quite sure of.

I would suggest, buying 2 Xbox One, 2 PS4 and 2 Xbox 360.

Generally, the most game played at cafe is FIFA. So you don't need to have all the games. Just the most played games (generally co-op games like WWE, FIFA, and racing games).

Give out 360 at Rs 60 / controller.

Xbox One and PS4 at Rs 120 / controller.

Instead of buying recliners, get a good cushy sofa, 2nd hand maybe, and make the room really dark. No one care once they get into game.

Also, you can offer an all-day package. Like 500 bucks for full day, with complementary unlimited food. This would be ideal for birthday party among students.

Have a good collection of food. As with try to have the famous foods which are cheap to make and costly to buy ( things related to potato, panner and tandoor ).

Also, have lots and lots of drinks and try not to have packed food like Lays, Pepsi. Instead make the order yourself, cause margins are higher and people get to think they cant eat that dish anywhere else, but at your lounge.

• 2 months later...

I would suggest to not go all in at start.

Adding gaming PC's and 4k TV's with recliners seems a lot of investment for starting a business you are not quite sure of.

I would suggest, buying 2 Xbox One, 2 PS4 and 2 Xbox 360.

Generally, the most game played at cafe is FIFA. So you don't need to have all the games. Just the most played games (generally co-op games like WWE, FIFA, and racing games).

Give out 360 at Rs 60 / controller.

Xbox One and PS4 at Rs 120 / controller.

Instead of buying recliners, get a good cushy sofa, 2nd hand maybe, and make the room really dark. No one care once they get into game.

Also, you can offer an all-day package. Like 500 bucks for full day, with complementary unlimited food. This would be ideal for birthday party among students.

Have a good collection of food. As with try to have the famous foods which are cheap to make and costly to buy ( things related to potato, panner and tandoor ).

Also, have lots and lots of drinks and try not to have packed food like Lays, Pepsi. Instead make the order yourself, cause margins are higher and people get to think they cant eat that dish anywhere else, but at your lounge.

+1

Archived